11 Busted in Salamanca Area for Drugs

Posted in the Salamanca Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of130
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Of Course

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 28, 2009
 
http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.deta...

At least Jamestown has Salamanca news..
Salamanca Cares

Little Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 29, 2009
 
The Salamanca Press is worth less, it would NOT have covered this story even in they had the information in time to print it.

Did you see anything about our graduation rate? A mere 60% and not one word from the press.

Great town, great school system, great press.
David

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 29, 2009
 
This makes 3 controlled substance charges in 3 years for Frank Jones. He only did 4 months in county jail for the first bust, no jail-time for the 2nd bust, jury still out on this one. But I'll bet he gets off easy again. 1st time he was caught, he snitched on some locals, only did 4 months. 2nd time he rolled on some guys from Buffalo, he must have given the cops something good because he did no jail-time. Now what? Keep letting him break the law as long as he rats on someone else?

Brad Kyler should've been busted long ago. But, just like Frank, he was let off the 1st time because he snitched. Brad went really big though. Brad wore a wire and bought a kilo of blow from some guys in Buffalo, cops got it all on audio tape. Those guys' friends have been down here looking for Brad, that's why he lives in Olean now.

The police are permitting these guys to break the law. It makes me sick. When someone is arrested, they should be charged and tried for the crimes that they committed. They shouldn't be given a free pass for being a taddle-tale!
Plumber4LIfe

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 29, 2009
 
This was a long time coming for a few of these people. I have seen Frank Jones name before in the paper- but the others I have seen around and knew it was a matter of time.

How about the 19 yr. old. Isnt he the son of the teacher that was arrested for molesting a child?
David

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 30, 2009
 
Plumber4LIfe wrote:
This was a long time coming for a few of these people. I have seen Frank Jones name before in the paper- but the others I have seen around and knew it was a matter of time.
How about the 19 yr. old. Isnt he the son of the teacher that was arrested for molesting a child?
He is his son.
LVNY14755

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 30, 2009
 
It is truly a shame to see so many young people getting involved with such heavy drugs. The one kid I went to school with- always knew he was a partier, but couldnt believe it when I saw him in the paper. You think you know someone. I hope he gets the help he needs and has the strength to turn his life around.
Salamanca Gramma

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 2, 2009
 
LVNY14755 wrote:
It is truly a shame to see so many young people getting involved with such heavy drugs. The one kid I went to school with- always knew he was a partier, but couldnt believe it when I saw him in the paper. You think you know someone. I hope he gets the help he needs and has the strength to turn his life around.
I hope they all get sent away! They are supplying our young people with drugs!
Salamanca Gramma

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 2, 2009
 
Parents wake up!! There are drugs all over the place, and in YOUR medicine cabinet! What are your kids doing? Your most important job in the world is being a parent to your children and teaching them right from wrong. It isn't up to the school system. They are the worst I've ever seen! Salamanca...Wake Up!
Salamanca Gramma

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 2, 2009
 
I agree with Salamanca Cares. What is going on? Our paper has no news in it that is worth reading. It's all a week old and you can tell the people working there know nothing about Salamanca or the people here. They have no news about the school or the graduations or dance shows or anything going on here.
SalaMom

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 6, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Salamanca newpaper is a waste of your money! Who wants to hear a bunch of idiots that are not from Salamanca, and very obviously do not know a thing about this town, express their opinion on David Letterman or what their fart smelled like yesterday? Who the hell cares!?!?!?! Bunch of jerks!!
As for the teenagers in this town running amuk....it is time for the police to really step up and discipline these kids and their parents. Obviously the youth in this area are out of control, and their parents are idiots for allowing it to happen. I say punish them all - kids and their inept parents! There is a group of young girls in my area of town who wander around all day and all night..no supervision, wandering into peoples private yards and attempting to harass everyone. They should be arrested ( they will be soon I am sure..) AND this group will be the ones in town on drugs (if they are not already) and pregnant before they reach high school! Their parents should be ashamed of themselves for allowing their children to turn out that way! Parents should not be their children's friend...they need to be role models and have rules and consequences...and FOLLOW THROUGH with ther consequences!!!!! If not, then DO NOT HAVE KIDS!!!!!!!
Salamanca Gramma

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 6, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

I think the curfew should be enforced and the 10 o'clock whistle started up again. Remember when we all had to be home before the 10 o'clock whistle? Kids have no reason to be out on the streets at night in Salmanaca. What are the doing? There is nothing here for them to be doing, so there is no reason for them to be walking around. Let's get this curfew enforced, no matter who the kids are. Parents have to be more responsible for their own children!
hey stupid

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 6, 2009
 
SalaMom wrote:
Salamanca newpaper is a waste of your money! Who wants to hear a bunch of idiots that are not from Salamanca, and very obviously do not know a thing about this town, express their opinion on David Letterman or what their fart smelled like yesterday? Who the hell cares!?!?!?! Bunch of jerks!!
As for the teenagers in this town running amuk....it is time for the police to really step up and discipline these kids and their parents. Obviously the youth in this area are out of control, and their parents are idiots for allowing it to happen. I say punish them all - kids and their inept parents! There is a group of young girls in my area of town who wander around all day and all night..no supervision, wandering into peoples private yards and attempting to harass everyone. They should be arrested ( they will be soon I am sure..) AND this group will be the ones in town on drugs (if they are not already) and pregnant before they reach high school! Their parents should be ashamed of themselves for allowing their children to turn out that way! Parents should not be their children's friend...they need to be role models and have rules and consequences...and FOLLOW THROUGH with ther consequences!!!!! If not, then DO NOT HAVE KIDS!!!!!!!
Learn how to read! The people arrested for selling drugs are ADULTS! I'll bet YOUR kids are into some things that you don't know about. The police in Salamanca do nothing except harass teenagers, give out stray dog tickets, and pretty much hassle people all day. Instead of stepping up the discipline and arresting kids, we need to give the kids here something to do. There's NOTHING to do here! That's why the kids are getting in trouble.

It was probably your son who sold drugs to those girls and got them pregnant.
SalaMom

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 6, 2009
 

Judged:

1

hey stupid wrote:
<quoted text>Learn how to read! The people arrested for selling drugs are ADULTS! I'll bet YOUR kids are into some things that you don't know about. The police in Salamanca do nothing except harass teenagers, give out stray dog tickets, and pretty much hassle people all day. Instead of stepping up the discipline and arresting kids, we need to give the kids here something to do. There's NOTHING to do here! That's why the kids are getting in trouble.
It was probably your son who sold drugs to those girls and got them pregnant.
Nope...don't have a son. Sounds like you might be one of the idiots roaming the streets! Find another way to occupy your time, do so,mething constructive instead of acting lke a low-life loser. And WHERE in my post did I say that these kids were selling drugs??? The idiots are DOING drugs...I didn't say selling them...now did i? Perhaps YOU should lean how to read.
SalaMom

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 6, 2009
 
And, for the record, my children are not included in the druggies or kids sneaking out in the middel of the night...I raised them to respect themselves and others. They KNOW BETTER because they were raised properly.
Adam

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 6, 2009
 
SalaMom wrote:
And, for the record, my children are not included in the druggies or kids sneaking out in the middel of the night...I raised them to respect themselves and others. They KNOW BETTER because they were raised properly.
That's what YOU think. Everyone else's kids are bad, just not yours. Right?
Adam

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 6, 2009
 
SalaMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...don't have a son. Sounds like you might be one of the idiots roaming the streets! Find another way to occupy your time, do so,mething constructive instead of acting lke a low-life loser. And WHERE in my post did I say that these kids were selling drugs??? The idiots are DOING drugs...I didn't say selling them...now did i? Perhaps YOU should lean how to read.
I see a lot more drunken idiot adults roaming the streets than anything around here. Stop blaming the kids!!!!! You're calling them idiots? They're only kids!!!!!
Lindsay

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 6, 2009
 
SalaMom wrote:
Salamanca newpaper is a waste of your money! Who wants to hear a bunch of idiots that are not from Salamanca, and very obviously do not know a thing about this town, express their opinion on David Letterman or what their fart smelled like yesterday? Who the hell cares!?!?!?! Bunch of jerks!!
As for the teenagers in this town running amuk....it is time for the police to really step up and discipline these kids and their parents. Obviously the youth in this area are out of control, and their parents are idiots for allowing it to happen. I say punish them all - kids and their inept parents! There is a group of young girls in my area of town who wander around all day and all night..no supervision, wandering into peoples private yards and attempting to harass everyone. They should be arrested ( they will be soon I am sure..) AND this group will be the ones in town on drugs (if they are not already) and pregnant before they reach high school! Their parents should be ashamed of themselves for allowing their children to turn out that way! Parents should not be their children's friend...they need to be role models and have rules and consequences...and FOLLOW THROUGH with ther consequences!!!!! If not, then DO NOT HAVE KIDS!!!!!!!
Get off the soapbox.
Salamanca-get real

Little Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 7, 2009
 
It isn't the kids fault, to an extent. If the parents are involved with the kids, generally the kids will stay on the straight and narrow.

Parents should take an active role in their kids lives, not just give them $20 and tell them to be home later. Parents should go to the park and throw the ball with their kids. It opens up so much opportunity for communication between parents and their kids. This should be done from an early age.

Parents, if you don't want your kids to do drugs and or alcohol, then maybe you shouldn't do it in front of your kids or at all for that matter. Kids hate hypocrisy and can see right through it.

Now when kids get older, around driving age, they have to be accountable for themselves. When they screw up, let them take responsibility for it. How else do they learn?

Also, people need to quit saying that there is nothing to do around here. There is plenty to do, a lot more now than my generation had. We just had a little bit more respect because if we didn't, our parents knew how to spank our ass and were allowed and would do it.

Also, didn't the city put up that nice skate park that the deviants destroyed in less than 6 months? They did that to themselves. They shouldn't cry about it now.
Mr_Nice_Guy

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 7, 2009
 
I agree with "get real" on many of his points. If parents paid more than lip service to their responsibilities, the kids might not be so bad. If it's not clear, simply being in the same room as your kids doesn't count as "taking responsibility." Pay attention to what they're doing and with whom. Set guidelines and enforce them. Be consistent, be fair and do what you say you're going to do.

Re: skate park - whenever I go past the skate park in Bradford, I wonder what's wrong with our kids that they would destroy something of their own. How pointless.

Kids are citizens, too, gramma, with rights and privileges. There's nothing magical about 10:00 that requires kids to be off the streets. If they're not bothering anyone, I don't see a problem.

I have to agree about the cops, though: they're about as useless and The Press.
Sally High

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 7, 2009
 
Mr_Nice_Guy wrote:
I agree with "get real" on many of his points. If parents paid more than lip service to their responsibilities, the kids might not be so bad. If it's not clear, simply being in the same room as your kids doesn't count as "taking responsibility." Pay attention to what they're doing and with whom. Set guidelines and enforce them. Be consistent, be fair and do what you say you're going to do.
Re: skate park - whenever I go past the skate park in Bradford, I wonder what's wrong with our kids that they would destroy something of their own. How pointless.
Kids are citizens, too, gramma, with rights and privileges. There's nothing magical about 10:00 that requires kids to be off the streets. If they're not bothering anyone, I don't see a problem.
I have to agree about the cops, though: they're about as useless and The Press.
These kids ARE bothering people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of130
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Salamanca Forum right now

Search the Salamanca Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Randolph weed dealer 7 min strangehappenings 3
cps 1 hr jerrymfnspringer 31
describe Salamanca 11 hr truth 16
cj 12 hr rez girl 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 12 hr positronium 6,323
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 12 hr positronium 6,324
Moving into Oldhsield Boys Deli 15 hr sally 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Salamanca Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salamanca People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Salamanca News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salamanca
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••