Orange light in sky
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Salamanca Gramma

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jul 19, 2009
Has anyone seen the orange light in the sky this summer? Everytime we sit out this year we see it. It's like a fire ball and sometimes it moves fast across the sky, but tonight it moved really slowly and then disappeared. Does anyone know what it could be?
CONCERNED PARENT

Cowlesville, NY

#2 Jul 20, 2009
I have seen this fireball several times this summer while sitting out. I don't really know what it could be but it's kinda freaky! It usually "circles around" two or more times every 20 minutes or so. Any ideas out there what it could be?

Since: Feb 08

gowanda ny

#3 Jul 20, 2009
You guys haven't been watching "Meteor" have you?:-)
J/K
Got Dope

Little Valley, NY

#4 Jul 20, 2009
I was just wondering what you two were smoking and if it that good, could you please share it?
Salamanca Gramma

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jul 20, 2009
Got Dope wrote:
I was just wondering what you two were smoking and if it that good, could you please share it?
Hey Dopey! Just go out in your backyard and look up in the sky and I bet you'll see it too! You don't need drugs to be smart!!! Try it sometime.
Salamanca Gramma

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jul 20, 2009
tylerstwit wrote:
You guys haven't been watching "Meteor" have you?:-)
J/K
Nope! I don't spend all of my time in front of the tv, that's why I saw it!!!
CONCERNED PARENT

North Tonawanda, NY

#7 Jul 21, 2009
No seriously! I have seen it too several times throughtout the summer. I know it sounds whacky and strange but I know of others who have seen it too and just wondered if anybody on here has seen it yet.
Barb H

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Aug 11, 2009
CONCERNED PARENT wrote:
I have seen this fireball several times this summer while sitting out. I don't really know what it could be but it's kinda freaky! It usually "circles around" two or more times every 20 minutes or so. Any ideas out there what it could be?
I saw the same thing this evening at about 10pm in Cincinnati, Ohio. It did just as you described. It circled slowly. Though, I think the one I saw only took 5 minutes round trip. I'm totally preoccupied by this now, I want to go back outside to see if it is still there.
concerned parent

Buffalo, NY

#9 Aug 12, 2009
I have also seen it several more times here in Salamanca. I saw two of them "traveling" together while camping in Quaker this summer. Weird! Wonder what they could be?
Just Curious

Lancaster, NY

#10 Aug 22, 2009
I think the sky is too cloudy to see anything tonight. I want to see if I can see any of these orange lights. It's strange and I'd like to see them. Maybe tomorrow night.
tracy

Valrico, FL

#11 Aug 23, 2009
stop hitting the meth pipe and you wont see any more crazy lights
Just Curious

Lancaster, NY

#12 Aug 23, 2009
tracy wrote:
stop hitting the meth pipe and you wont see any more crazy lights
What's a meth pipe?
Just Curious

Buffalo, NY

#13 Aug 24, 2009
I just took the dog outside and looked up in the sky and there it was! I didn't even have to look very long. It moved across the sky for a few minutes and then just disappeared!
Salamanca Gramma

Buffalo, NY

#14 Aug 24, 2009
I saw it too! I really wonder what it is. Did anyone else see it tonight? No smart remarks please...
saw it too

Niagara Falls, NY

#16 Sep 3, 2009
Salamanca Gramma wrote:
I saw it too! I really wonder what it is. Did anyone else see it tonight? No smart remarks please...
I saw it last night as well. Do you think it could be a helicopter? Like some have said before, it moved really slow, then disappeared. I couldn't hear any associated sound, which was really strange.
CONCERNED PARENT

United States

#17 Sep 4, 2009
My family members have seen this fireball almost every time we have sat outside this summer ( crummy weather permitting). No we don't do any drugs to all you assuming, non-believers! We have seen up to 3 at a time just sitting still in the sky. Then they move slowly and simply "burn out". I have heard theories that it is a balloon sent up by a local business owner? Any one else have any ideas? No sarcastic drug accusing comments please!
Mr_Nice_Guy

United States

#18 Sep 4, 2009
I won't argue with what you all claim to see, but if this is so easy to observe, has anyone caught it on film?
saw it too

Buffalo, NY

#19 Sep 4, 2009
Mr_Nice_Guy wrote:
I won't argue with what you all claim to see, but if this is so easy to observe, has anyone caught it on film?
I wish i had. I actually would have thought I was seeing things, but I wasn't the one to notice it. Someone brought it to my attention because they thought it was odd.
Nosey Reader

Buffalo, NY

#20 Sep 5, 2009
saw it too wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish i had. I actually would have thought I was seeing things, but I wasn't the one to notice it. Someone brought it to my attention because they thought it was odd.
It's not too late to take a picture of it if someone can. How about one of the reporters from the Press? It's not hard to spot at night.

“Maytime”

Since: Dec 06

#21 Apr 25, 2010
Could be that the recent
volcano has indigestion now!!!

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salamanca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How is this town still thriving???? 2 min Yeah 8
why wont you whites 4 min Yeah 7
Mayor Ron Ball orders an awful lot of napolis 16 min Yeah 15
DEA's in town!!! (Jan '12) 17 min Native Landlord 24
police 20 min Yeah 19
Underage drinking 26 min A concerned citizen 15
Prebynski's 1 hr Concerned Onlooker 5
Catlin Jenner ? Looks like Bruce to Me 3 hr Old fashioned 19
Catlin Jenner ? Looks Like Bruce to Me 11 hr doh 7
More from around the web