Pee/Midget Warrior Football
FoodForThought

Salamanca, NY

#63 Aug 16, 2010
Yes your peewee and midget players. do you realize what the kids around here are doing now? Piss test these kids. I bet you at least a quarter of them test dirty!
Curious

Salamanca, NY

#64 Aug 16, 2010
I went down to watch the peewee's and midgets the other night when they had other teams from around the area scrimmaging and saw 4-5 kids off to the side. I asked one of the others sitting there what those kids were doing- I was told they are they overweight kids, and kids who signed up late. R U Serious? Isn't this sport supposed to be for the kids? I watched one boy who was busting his butt out there, and the person told me he won't be playing this year because he's too overweight! How sad is that? What's up with a weight limit for kids? Do other counties have this also? Do they go by height and weight or just weight? This boy was pretty tall for 7-8 years old. After the scrimmages were over I watched the boy and his mom walk off the field I ran over and spoke with her for a few minutes. You could see the hurt in both of their eyes but he said "I just want to be part of the team." How sad!
justmom

Bradford, PA

#65 Aug 16, 2010
The weight limits are not enforced by the team. That is something the league has in place. And there isn't anything the team can do. The league says that a pee wee has to be under 120 pounds to play and a midget has to be under 145. This is done for fear of injury. I don't like it anymore than any of the other parents but that is not something parents can change. CCMFL puts these rules into affect. That would be something they need to change. As for the late sign ups, the league says every child has to have 5 practices in with no contact before they can gear up and hit other kids...also this is the LEAGUE not individual teams setting this up
true

Salamanca, NY

#66 Aug 16, 2010
How would you like your 70lb boy to be playing against someone 150lbs? Just wondering. And no. THere are no good coaches in town. Take it for what its worth.
Curious

Salamanca, NY

#67 Aug 16, 2010
Thanks.
I was just curious and I don't want to cause an uproar or fight. I think enough bad mouthing is going on enough here. I was just a curious spectator who was bored one night and went to watch the kids play ball.
It is however terribly sad that some kids won't ever play because of a weight limit or "fear of injury". i have watched games and seen kids get hurt so not sure what the fear of injury means. Kids get hurt playing ball or any sport- it's too bad that the parents and teams couldn't somehow over rule this and take it to the CCMFL and show them they want it abolished. They might get more kids to join sports if it was.
curious

United States

#68 Aug 16, 2010
So far all we have heard about is the football coaching for little league. How about for highschool teams, like volleyball and cheerleading for examples.?
Pal

Buffalo, NY

#69 Aug 17, 2010
All the coaches are volunteers who sometimes stay on after the kids have moved up to high school because they have put alot of hours into the younger kids who remain, out of concern for them.
They are bound by safety rules in place by the CCMFL league officials which are adhering to insurance requirements which sometimes excludes children because of their date of birth or their size in an effort to not expose kids to injury.
justmom

Bradford, PA

#70 Aug 17, 2010
Pal wrote:
All the coaches are volunteers who sometimes stay on after the kids have moved up to high school because they have put alot of hours into the younger kids who remain, out of concern for them.
They are bound by safety rules in place by the CCMFL league officials which are adhering to insurance requirements which sometimes excludes children because of their date of birth or their size in an effort to not expose kids to injury.
Nicely put Pal!! I have a son that has to watch his weight this year for fear of not making weigh ins before every game. I don't like the wieght limits but I can see both sides. It's safer but it also excludes. I feel bad for those kids that can't play.
I LIVE HERE TO

Fairport, NY

#71 Aug 21, 2010
Just to give you an example: As i was at a practice the other night I see three JV Highschool players smoking next to the bathroom in plain view of the midget kids. Good example where are the parents. Then I asked who they where, and one of the midget players told me who they were, and that they smoke pot to. He also said that one of the kids parents are growing marijuana in the house. Like it has been said before..... The parents have alot to do with it. Not all of them, cuz there are good parents and kids out there.
Curious

Salamanca, NY

#72 Aug 21, 2010
When my son played football for HS it was stated that anyone caught smoking or doing drugs would be suspended from playing. If they gave you names go talk to the coach- if one told you the parents are growing it then call the law!
I live here to

Fairport, NY

#73 Aug 21, 2010
Curious wrote:
When my son played football for HS it was stated that anyone caught smoking or doing drugs would be suspended from playing. If they gave you names go talk to the coach- if one told you the parents are growing it then call the law!
Its already been done, We will see if anything happens.
job well dun

Buffalo, NY

#74 Aug 21, 2010
To every one of the adults involved at Friday nights game for the Warriors, you all did a FAB job! And to the parents, what a great night to stand proud and support your child! And to the players, what a awesome way to start off your season! Coaches, KUDOS to all of you! I LOVE YOU WARRIORS! Not to bad for all of the BS said about everyone of you/us on this thread! Actions speak LOUDER then words. And for the ones that have nothing positive to say about the football program, I think you really want shit to happen just for something to bark about, now go out and do your business and when you come back in your dog food will be ready for you to eat! hahahahahahaha Take that one.
hithere

Silver Creek, NY

#75 Aug 21, 2010
job well dun wrote:
To every one of the adults involved at Friday nights game for the Warriors, you all did a FAB job! And to the parents, what a great night to stand proud and support your child! And to the players, what a awesome way to start off your season! Coaches, KUDOS to all of you! I LOVE YOU WARRIORS! Not to bad for all of the BS said about everyone of you/us on this thread! Actions speak LOUDER then words. And for the ones that have nothing positive to say about the football program, I think you really want shit to happen just for something to bark about, now go out and do your business and when you come back in your dog food will be ready for you to eat! hahahahahahaha Take that one.
Well, you started out sounding OK and positive, but ended sounding like an ignorant person. Kudos to you for proving some of these people "barking" on here right.
skybright

United States

#76 Aug 22, 2010
ohboy wrote:
The loud mouth that made a fool of herself and screamed at all of the Saber Cheerleaders telling them they were all PIGS in front of the entire crowd has been removed fro the Saber board. Her husband, and their two friends were voted out as well.
She was reported by MANY parents to the person who ran the league at the time. Everyone was disgusted that she would act like that, but no one was surprised. She has always been crude and rude.
As for the assistant midget coach a few years back screaming at the head coach at a game in front of the entire crowd because her daughter was not named captain - that was another spectacle! Just another one trying to live through her child. She seems to have issues and screaming matches with whatever she is involved in. Did she accuse the wrestling coach of making advances towards her? She must be one of the coaches posting on here bragging about being so hot. I've got news for ya honey, your ship has sailed.
I do not necessarily agree with posting names on these forums, but I need to know who the loud mouth woman was that you referred to as
calling the cheerleaders pigs in front of everyone and also her friends. You say they were reported to the board and removed. Initials will do if you don't feel comfortable posting names. I have an idea but would love confirmation. If it is who I think it is, I am aslo not surprised. It's parents like her and her husband and their friends that stir up trouble for everyone. Our kids do not need to put up with this crap nor do we parents.
witness

Silver Creek, NY

#77 Aug 22, 2010
skybright wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not necessarily agree with posting names on these forums, but I need to know who the loud mouth woman was that you referred to as
calling the cheerleaders pigs in front of everyone and also her friends. You say they were reported to the board and removed. Initials will do if you don't feel comfortable posting names. I have an idea but would love confirmation. If it is who I think it is, I am aslo not surprised. It's parents like her and her husband and their friends that stir up trouble for everyone. Our kids do not need to put up with this crap nor do we parents.
It sounds like you already know exactly who SB is.
skybright

United States

#78 Aug 22, 2010
witness wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you already know exactly who SB is.
actually those are not the initials I thought they would be
Tired of the Whiners

Salamanca, NY

#79 Oct 2, 2010
coaches wrote:
Stop picking on us! I"m sure I speak for all of us when I tell you to knock it off. You're just jealous because we're all hot for our ages and you look like old fat hogs. You probably sit on the bleachers staring at our hot bodies, wishing you could cheer like we still can, or coach your sons playing football like we do. You probably couldn't run 2 feet with a football without dropping dead from a heart attack. We are the elite of Salamanca. The cheerleading and football coaches in this town will always be more popular and better than anyone. Deal with it. Now go back to your doritos and beer, while we go back to teaching your children how to look good and be popular.
Who in the world are you to speak for all the coaches of the Salamanca Pee Wee/Midget league?? Who appointed you to speak for all of us?? Tell me because I would really like to have a word with that person and you!! We're all hot for our ages?? Seriously?? I can't and won't speak for all Salamanca coaches because I don't have that right!! Myself personally, I'm not their to look hot, I'm not there to show them what I got!! I'm there to assist and teach those kids the benefits of participating in little league ball and cheerleading, to teach them the discipline and importance of being on a team, leadership, teamwork and most important self esteem. I am NOT there to teach them how to look good and be popular, good grief, they have to struggle with that in school as it is, why would we encourage that kind of stupidity on the field!!! You want to talk that crap,go ahead but leave your real name and what team you are associated with so the rest of us real coaches who are in this for the kids can tell them who NOT to look up to!! You are not a coach, you are a serious WANT A BE!!!
REAL Assistant Coach

Lancaster, NY

#80 Oct 2, 2010
I would like to say (as a real assis. coach)that whoever was pretending to be a cheerleading coach saying that we are "too hot"...get real. Us coaches have done nothing to deserve all this bashing from pathetic people who have nothing to do but sit behind a computer and spew crap that sounds amusing to them at that time, and we certainly don't think we are better than anyone else. We are not in this for ourselves nor are we living viacariously through our kids. We have full time jobs, families of our own and volunteer more hours than you can count with the Warrior cheerleaders. We don't stand up there in front of everyone wanting you to look at us...LOOK AT THE CHHERLEADERS! If this is what the coaches have to endure then don't be singing the blues when there isn't anyone willing to step out there to teach 40 some girls that there is more out there than running the streets. You should be ashamed of yourself and ya might want to get rid of your holier than thou attitude because you don't have the guts to do what we do. Why don't you try a more productive topic to get involved with because this is pathetic. You don't know ANYTHING about me, any of the other coaches or the dedication it takes to get these girls doing the great job they do.
coaches

Salamanca, NY

#81 Oct 6, 2010
you all know who I am just by looking at me. I'm hotter than hot and I can't be stopped! You can see me wearing my team jacket and looking hotter than my daughter! I'm a babe and I know it, and ain't afraid to show it. You're all just jealous. WHat do you mean I don't have the guts that you do? I"m out there busting my ass to make my girls look half as good as I do and my girls have fun. I'm just as proud of them as I am of myself. So don't go preaching your crap to me about working your fulltime job. I work too honey, and I put food on the table for my loving husband and 2 kids. And ya know what? I look good doing it. So why don't you leave your name and we can meet at the scoreboard at halftime. I'll be the hot one. Too bad for you!
jst sayin

Buffalo, NY

#82 Oct 7, 2010
step up wrote:
get involved if you don't like the way things are run.
Having been involved in the past you would be shocked at the cost of equipment for the players, food for the concession stand, insurance and the wads of stuff the clubs give the kids at the end of the year.
Most if not all are there for the kids. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I had to stay and wait for parents to come pick up their kid or run them home because they forgot. How do you forget to pick your kid up after 3 months of practice.
you are exactly right... all these ppl bitchin,,,sit home while they let the coaches/booster members babysit their kids,,,last I knew babysitting is not free and $45 isn't alot of $$ for the season...cheap asses!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salamanca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Community action- Kinley Hill building Sex Offe... (Dec '14) 11 hr Kate 20
Ashley Jadlowski 11 hr Kate 3
Who the heck is Sandy??? 11 hr Kate 10
John John Terd Hound is a DRUNK 14 hr Angery 6
Who is Salamanca's Drunkest Skunk? 17 hr Concerned Onlooker 2
little caesars 17 hr Concerned Onlooker 12
Salamanca NY poorest Town in New York State - M... 19 hr Resident 3

Salamanca Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salamanca Mortgages