Women who smoke during pregnancy

Posted in the Salamanca Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
woman advocate

Salamanca, NY

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Those women you speak of, do NOT deserve the prkvilage of having children. Only a well-educated female understands the termoil you put your child through while you feel the need to light'em up. It's a shame
Careless

Buffalo, NY

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Women that do dope of any kind, smoke, and drink wonder why their children have problems. After they have there children they pick them up in their smoke smelling clothes to infect their lungs and ears. Also, not to mention that their teeth become rotten and increase their risk for cancer. Now better education or at least hopefully High School women know these facts. Maybe their parents did not encourage them. Do not pick your children up from school in a smoked filled car or smoke in the car or house and change your clothes. Bless the helpless children of these parents.
You know me

Buffalo, NY

#6 Nov 15, 2012
issues wrote:
This may be just a personal thing I have, but I have a huge thing against women who smoke during pregnancy. They have the audacity to walk around PUBLICLY, light their cigarette, and inhale that methane, which eventually in the long run gives the kids tremendous breathing problems. Then they wonder why their kid is in the hospital at least once a month. Just one word to describe these type of people: trash.
Just one word to describe these type of people: YOUR family

Yes, I know who you are. Yes, I know who you are talking about. Why don't you take it up with them personally? If you care so much, get custody.
you know me too

Salamanca, NY

#7 Nov 15, 2012
CPS won't take children out of their home just because of parents smoking/drinking. YOU of ALL people should know that!!
Stfu

Buffalo, NY

#9 Nov 15, 2012
If its not ur kid, ur woman or ur daughter then leave em da fawk alone geez find sum thing els to look at.....
wtf

Salamanca, NY

#10 Nov 15, 2012
issues wrote:
These women are simply selfish because they can't put aside their addiction to tobacco to ensure the well being of their kids. There are several examples of these type of women in the area and I believe they should be singled out directly. It should be a CRIME and a state offense if you are caught purposely inhaling tobacco or drinking alcohol while you are knowingly pregnant.
Well ya know issuses I am pregnant and yes I am a smoker but just because woman smoke while pregnant doesn't mean that all of them continue to smoke throughtout their whole pregnancy. I for one am trying to quit and I'm doing well so far. Obviously your not a smoker and don't realize how hard it is to quit. I'm not saying your wrong because I do agree with you that woman should atleast try to quit or cut down on smoking but any pregnant women should NOT be drinking at all. That is most definately selfish and they should not be having kids.
Lol

Tonawanda, NY

#11 Nov 15, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Well ya know issuses I am pregnant and yes I am a smoker but just because woman smoke while pregnant doesn't mean that all of them continue to smoke throughtout their whole pregnancy. I for one am trying to quit and I'm doing well so far. Obviously your not a smoker and don't realize how hard it is to quit. I'm not saying your wrong because I do agree with you that woman should atleast try to quit or cut down on smoking but any pregnant women should NOT be drinking at all. That is most definately selfish and they should not be having kids.
Pregnant women should NOT be smoking either. Every puff you took after you were aware of your pregnancy was nothing but selfish. Period. Child abuse. Your poisoning your unborn child.
You know me

Buffalo, NY

#12 Nov 16, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Pregnant women should NOT be smoking either. Every puff you took after you were aware of your pregnancy was nothing but selfish. Period. Child abuse. Your poisoning your unborn child.
Doctors are now admitting that it's not a good idea to just quit smoking cold turkey during pregnancy. By the time you know you are pregnant, the baby has already been exposed. The abrupt nicotine withdrawal causes a shock to the body which in turn causes stress on the baby (miscarraige can actually result).

I am not a smoker or a doctor, but I am a mother of three.
Woman Advocate

Buffalo, NY

#13 Nov 16, 2012
issues wrote:
Like I said, if abortion should be classified as murder, then why isn't smoking or drinking during pregnancy classified as child endangerment?
If it was, you would be just as guilty for letting her smoke and drink. We should start smacking the cig/drink out of the hands of all pregnant women and forcing them to eat organic foods. All educated and refined women would appreciate your help in making them worthy of bearing children.
ur unbelievable

Salamanca, NY

#14 Nov 16, 2012
Woman Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>If it was, you would be just as guilty for letting her smoke and drink. We should start smacking the cig/drink out of the hands of all pregnant women and forcing them to eat organic foods. All educated and refined women would appreciate your help in making them worthy of bearing children.
Oh good grief! Looky everyone in topix land, we got ourselves another unstable person, parading around like a know it all. There are far more important things going on in the "real" world around you. When you have something of real substance to discuss, come back than. Maybe we won't laugh at you next time!
Woman Advocate

Buffalo, NY

#15 Nov 16, 2012
woman advocate wrote:
Those women you speak of, do NOT deserve the prkvilage of having children. Only a well-educated female understands the termoil you put your child through while you feel the need to light'em up. It's a shame
Only well-educated females should bear children.
ur unbelievable

Salamanca, NY

#16 Nov 16, 2012
Woman Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Only well-educated females should bear children.
Yes, agreed!, and if you haven't already, please don't breed. "Well educated" people are sometimes, as in your case, pretty stupid in life issues. Book smart doesn't mean anything in real life.
Woman Advocate

Buffalo, NY

#17 Nov 17, 2012
ur unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, agreed!, and if you haven't already, please don't breed. "Well educated" people are sometimes, as in your case, pretty stupid in life issues. Book smart doesn't mean anything in real life.
I was merely agreeing with what others wrote. There is no need to insult me personally.
Lol

Tonawanda, NY

#18 Nov 17, 2012
ur unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, agreed!, and if you haven't already, please don't breed. "Well educated" people are sometimes, as in your case, pretty stupid in life issues. Book smart doesn't mean anything in real life.
Book smart doesn't mean anything? I'm gonna take a guess here and say you lack book smarts! I'm pretty sure there are many book smart people in your life that you should be thankful that they are book smart.
Random Output

Buffalo, NY

#19 Nov 19, 2012
How many different threads do you need for the same topic?
Random Output

Buffalo, NY

#21 Nov 19, 2012
Unbelievable Town wrote:
Why are you people smoking in the first place? Scumbags.
Do you think that everyone that disagrees with you is a smoker? You are close minded.
justwrong

Bronx, NY

#22 Jan 5, 2013
I hate seeing a pregnant women smoke!

Since: Oct 10

Salamanca

#23 Jan 5, 2013
woman advocate wrote:
Those women you speak of, do NOT deserve the prkvilage of having children. Only a well-educated female understands the termoil you put your child through while you feel the need to light'em up. It's a shame
LMAO @ You

My wife smoked. all 3 of our children was born and still are strong & healthy. And she is a great mother and an awesome grandmother to their children..
I'll add in the fact of birth weight. Last one was 9 pounds. all above 7 lbs..

But by your wording it is clear you have personal issues and a lack of education in child birth.!!

Since: Oct 10

Salamanca

#24 Jan 5, 2013
you know me too wrote:
CPS won't take children out of their home just because of parents smoking/drinking. YOU of ALL people should know that!!
I could stand corrected, but I do believe they passed a law about smoking in a car with children. In that it is a chargeable offense of Endangering the wellfair of a child.

I know they did for load music in a car as well..

Just~A~Thought
Shawn

Salamanca, NY

#26 Jan 5, 2013
Women who smoke are down right SELFISH! Then the children can be born with asthma and other complications. Then the poor kids have to see doctors, and go on medications.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salamanca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curfew 13 min Concerned Onlooker 19
You know when you're from Salamanca when... 16 min Concerned Onlooker 89
Stabbing in school 2 hr Toulouse 5
Nobody wants to give Ron Ball a chance because ... 6 hr LeFleur 39
Help me find my 2 black pugs please! reward! 6 hr Sparker22 1
Potholes on I-86 (Mar '11) 18 hr Cuz 21
Any fierce ladies want to chill? 20 hr gone 7
overdose 21 hr Quick 13
More from around the web

Salamanca People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]