Since: Jun 11

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Jun 30, 2011
Has anyone noticed how many sex offenders live on or near Washington St? Six that are registered but what about those sex offenders that were convicted before the time of the registration? Do they have to legally register as sex offenders or are they allowed to walk along side our children without our knowledge of their past crimes?

Concerned Onlooker

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 30, 2011
You'd be surprised how many are EVERYWHERE !!!

Locate them HERE ...

http://www.familywatchdog.us/
WOW

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 30, 2011
Yeah I know and what about the ones who are guilty of it but get it reduced in court, and never have to register. Crazy!
crazylocal

Irving, NY

#4 Jun 30, 2011
I thought they had to have a sign in their yard saying that they were a sex offender too???

New York, NY

#5 Jun 30, 2011
I did not know about the sign in the yard...and yes how on earth to guilty people not have to register!

Location hidden

#6 Jun 30, 2011
Call your local police and or County police department for information about child sex offenders having to register and what notifications the neighborhood is lawfully able to receive. Its something I would demand to know!

Since: Apr 10

Lewistown, PA

#7 Jun 30, 2011
crazylocal wrote:
I thought they had to have a sign in their yard saying that they were a sex offender too???
I think they just have to have one of those tin stars on the front of their house.

please dont be stupid

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#8 Jun 30, 2011
Web site for NYS sex offenders where any question will be answered:

http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/index.htm

Location hidden

#9 Jun 30, 2011
A wonderful, insightful web site, than you PDBS.
Question

Farmington, CT

#10 Mar 11, 2013
Some people get charged for a sex offense but if it's their first time, or the only one they got charged with, is it fair that they are deemed low risk and are registered as level one? It's a common fact that level one offenders offend more than once but may go unreported. You could have a level one offender at your kids school or some public event but the public isn't given the option of knowing because by law, the offender had legal rights to be at public events but the public don't have right to know. I wonder how the law makers would feel if it was their child who was groped or touched? Would they feel different?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salamanca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Hates Natives 2 hr sad 1
Ron Ball is doing something after all 2 hr wowzer 7
Best Vacation Destinations 12 hr jscotman 7
Lee Jimerson 12 hr Cray 6
Lee Jimerson from cattaurgus reservation 12 hr Cray 5
Gordon Brown needs to be put in his place! 13 hr Franklin 10
The Real Indian Way 14 hr Concerned Onlooker 33

Salamanca Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance