First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what are you stupid?!

United States

#1 Jul 28, 2011
Why are all these long haired hippy teenage guys walking around looking like that??!!! I can't believe there parents let them leave the house looking like that!! I'd be imbarrest if that was MY kid!

Since: Jun 10

Gowanda, NY

#2 Jul 28, 2011
What you should be embarass you is the amount of everybody (not just kids) who pick a collage of annoying brand names to plaster all over themselves like human NASCAR vehicles. A good (if slightly dated) book on why this is actually a matter of societal decay can be read in Naomi Klein's excellent history of advertising and branding called "No Logo."

Long hair never hurt anybody. At least it is an outgrowth of being human. Some defective cultural requirement that tells people they need to wear those hideous "tap out," or "Fox racing," or "Abercrombie" costumes are celebrating the outgrowth of consumerism run amok.

What is worse, they are wearing what amounts to exploitation on their bodies, with logos, brands and symbolism alluding to this asinine balkinzation of differing "styles" and "looks."

Since: Apr 11

United States

#3 Jul 28, 2011
Those kids are skaters, and they aren't dirty, so why does it matter? It's not what I would prefer for my child, but teens have been expressing themselves with their hair forever. Check out the 50s 60s 70s, well u get it. KT I agree with what u said but don't think it applies in this instance. Those kids are wearing everything name brand from head to toe!
getalife

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jul 28, 2011
nothing is wrong with being a hippy. I am what society would call a new age hippy. I have short hair, and i shower daily. When I have kids I would love for them to express their personalities through their style. We don't need a bunch of robots running around looking the same and acting the same.
what are you stupid?!

United States

#5 Jul 28, 2011
You know what these "skaters" do?? They sit around prospects parking lot and smoke...! And you think that's a good idea???? No it's not. That's just darn right STUPID!!!!
getalife

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jul 28, 2011
I do not see any posts condoning the actions of these kids. I see an adult atacking the way these kids dress, and calling them hippies like it is a bad thing. And if there are 12,13,14 year old kids smoking, thats the parents fault. Obviously they know if they are doing it in public. Salamanca is a very small town, and I know if my parents caught me smoking at that age I woulda got my ass whooped. So don't go off on a rant for no reason at all.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#7 Jul 28, 2011
[QUOTE who="what are you stupid?!"]Why are all these long haired hippy teenage guys walking around looking like that??!!! I can't believe there parents let them leave the house looking like that!! I'd be imbarrest if that was MY kid![/QUOTE]

When era did you grow up in?
Kids have always expressed themselves, usually not breaking the law,(seriously that is)
or generally bothering others. If these kids are hanging out around one area then at least
they are known where they are and, easier to be kept in check, if necessary. I agree its a problem for for the parents to police their children and not society, think about it, kids have been smoking forever, especially when they knew they could get away with it! The parents should pay attention to their children, one way is to be there when they get home, have a CONVERSATION with them so they know that their young adult isn't smoking, drinking or whatever, instead of watching TV or not caring that their kid is home. Then when their kid is arrested, or worse off killed, the parent will claim that their child were decent kids, brought up in a family environment and never did anything wrong and they raised them correctly, no, it was the PARENTS who didn't raise themselves correctly. Kids will be kids, spend some time with them, know where they may be, hell most of the parents don't now their kids has a skate boards! Here's another idea, don't text your child to ask where they are CALL THEM, get a sense where they are or, what there doing via the background noise and, parents should know their children well enough, wether to know if their their lying from their voice responses and voice reflection, that is if you raised them properly. Heck if they are wearing their hair long the only gripe you may have is the extra cost of shampoo.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 2, 2011
What's better to have running around town..........pot head skaters, or pot head indian kids???? Probably neither.

Gowanda, NY

#11 Aug 2, 2011
Random Input wrote:
What's better to have running around town..........pot head skaters, or pot head indian kids???? Probably neither.
Why? Pot head kids never hurt anybody. How about pharm soaked geriatrics behind the wheels of their cars and the excuse of their prescriptions?

Location hidden

#12 Aug 2, 2011
Random Input wrote:
Dumb ass, give me a break! Some of these pot head KIDS, no mater what color their skin is
have grown up to be respectable, hard working decent parents who taught their children the rights and wrongs because, they were there and did that, I was! Tell me a kid who hasn't tried an alcoholic beverage or a hit from a bong, and I'll either call you a lier or, this kid was one of a very minority that didn't. Kid's who have the aforementioned will be in the position to make a decision, their decision to continue on a path that they know isn't correct or, become one of the pot heads you refer to.
Kids aren't as stupid as you think!
Oh Well

Eden, NY

#13 Aug 3, 2011
A Blunt a day keeps the Work away... anyone wanna trade foodstamps for blunts?

Location hidden

#14 Aug 5, 2011
Oh Well wrote:
A example of a kid who grew up to be a pot head!
say what

Buffalo, NY

#15 Aug 5, 2011
Oh Well wrote:
Sorry, but what is a Blunt???

Gowanda, NY

#16 Aug 5, 2011
please dont be stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
A example of a kid who grew up to be a pot head!
More like an ignorant view pervasive to anti-drug warriors who like to pretend dated, and scientifically disproven myths like "pot makes you lazy" and "pot kills brain cells" are gospel to be taken seriously.
Oh Well

Athol Springs, NY

#17 Aug 5, 2011
I don't smoke it , I just posted to stir it up a little , Fads are Fads are Fads , the kids will get the hair cut when its Job Time.

Location hidden

#18 Aug 6, 2011
Killgore Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
More like an ignorant view pervasive to anti-drug warriors who like to pretend dated, and scientifically disproven myths like "pot makes you lazy" and "pot kills brain cells" are gospel to be taken seriously.
Has anyone done a medical study involving; cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption or marijuana usage to see what effects are more harmful to the human body?
It would be interesting to see, if alcohol or cigarettes are found to kill or disease more people; would they have reasons to outlaw their usage?
Alcohol can kill when not used responsibly, or over a long life time. Cigarette usage has showed to kill over a lengthly period of time but not the short term. Marijuana usage when used inappropriately,
could kill in a short term if mismanaged like alcohol or prescribed medicines, meanwhile it hasn't had any proven long term effect on the human body, and has been prescribed by doctors!
The idea that pot usage will lead a person to experiment with a more deadly drug like heroin, etc., would that mean that a beer drinker would try a shot or rum? A once of alcohol is an ounce of alcohol no mater the drink, its the flavor which is added but like heroin it can be abused even if not "moved onto" after beer, at its the same.
So, if pot was proven not to be harmful if used responsibly; then why should it be illegal?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#19 Aug 6, 2011
POTHEADS that I went to school with are still wearin' the same 'ol tie-dye shirts, and drivin' da same 'ol shitbox VWs they were 40-years ago ...
Nunya

Buffalo, NY

#20 Aug 8, 2011
Are u serious? I was one of those so called "potheads" in school. Now that I'm older I have a respectable job and all the things one one would consider successful that come with it. There are so many closet smokers in this town it's not funny! I haven't smoked in years cuz my job prohibits me to do so but you can bet your sweet arss that I would love to just kick back n toke! There's so much bigger problems in this town other than pot! I'm only saying kids will be kids and experiment but just cuz they were labeled as this or that doesn't mean that's their lifes destiny.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#21 Aug 8, 2011
Nunya wrote:
Are u serious? I was one of those so called "potheads" in school. Now that I'm older I have a respectable job and all the things one one would consider successful that come with it. There are so many closet smokers in this town it's not funny! I haven't smoked in years cuz my job prohibits me to do so but you can bet your sweet arss that I would love to just kick back n toke! There's so much bigger problems in this town other than pot! I'm only saying kids will be kids and experiment but just cuz they were labeled as this or that doesn't mean that's their lifes destiny.
The azzholes that I was referring to actually had jobs as YOU, but got SHITCANNED when they started doin' HAIR testing for DRUGS !!!

It makes NO DIFFERENCE WHO pisses in yer cup when they tellya they're takin' a HAIR SAMPLE !!!

Location hidden

#22 Aug 8, 2011
Concerned Onlooker wrote:
<quoted text>
The azzholes that I was referring to actually had jobs as YOU, but got SHITCANNED when they started doin' HAIR testing for DRUGS !!!
It makes NO DIFFERENCE WHO pisses in yer cup when they tellya they're takin' a HAIR SAMPLE !!!
Wear extenders!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salamanca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Da office catt county being Investigated corrup... 8 min Watchdog 13
Darryl shongo 55 min Duh 4
Poll Salamanca's biggest problem is... 1 hr Ustavue 47
8 year combat vet E 5 looking for polite conver... 1 hr Shenanigans05 2
Seneca Nation Marshalls (Jan '15) 3 hr Cornplanter 81
Why are Indians..... 7 hr Zimmer 4
Salamanca coo s being investigated 8 hr larry 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salamanca Mortgages