Abortion - Anti or Pro? Thoughts?

Posted in the Saint Albans Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 31, 2012
I was wanting some people's opinions. I have some of my own but would like to hear others thoughts. Please go into detail.

Example:
.Are you Anti Abortion or Pro Abortion?
.What are your reasons?
.Concerns?
.Thoughts?
yeah..

Ardsley, NY

#2 Sep 10, 2012
100% anti-abortion.
Abortion is completely selfish for ANY & ALL reasons. There's no situation, AT ALL, when I would say its ok.
Raped.. Please get through the 9 months & give that sweet baby a life.
Mental illnesses.. I've never seen a mentally ill child who's not smiling & enjoying life.
Abortion is the murder or another human being, why does this topic even need a debate?
Apple

Charleston, WV

#3 Sep 10, 2012
I'm pro-choice. While I don't think I would ever want an abortion I support rights for those who do. I wasn't going to post on this, but "yeah.." doesn't seem hostile so I would love a civilized discussion.

What if the womans life is at risk?
I suggest you look up tubal pregnancies. The fetus isn't going to live and niether is the mother. Even the Catholic church condones abortions in this case so long as they are done in a certain way.

I also just can't imagine telling an 11 year old rape victim that they have to cary a child. It would be physically risky as well as emotionally damaging.
I like that yeah said "get through the 9 months" because so many people seem to ignore the issue of pregnancy itself, expecially for a young woman.

As far as mental illness. I believe you meant mentally impared. There is a huge difference.
While I can understand opposing it in cases of autism or down syndrome, where they might not know the severity of the imparement until birth, I suggest you research anacephaly and holoproscephaly.
yeah..

Ardsley, NY

#4 Sep 11, 2012
IF it is an ABSOLUTE KNOWN fact that the mother & child will both not survive, & removing the fetus will atleast save one person, then one person is better than none.
I hate to talk about an 11 year old rape victim, that's so touchy. I guess I could wrap my head around someone doing it, but I would still give the advice to get through it.
No illness is cause for abortion for me.
whoa

Ardsley, NY

#5 Oct 13, 2012
Your a fuck!ng retard for even asking this kinda question I mean you questioning your own children?? Must not be to good of a mother...
hey

Ardsley, NY

#6 Oct 13, 2012
[QUOTE who="yeah.."]IF it is an ABSOLUTE KNOWN fact that the mother & child will both not survive, & removing the fetus will atleast save one person, then one person is better than none.
I hate to talk about an 11 year old rape victim, that's so touchy. I guess I could wrap my head around someone doing it, but I would still give the advice to get through it.
No illness is cause for abortion for me.[/QUOTE]
You guess you could wrap your head around someone raping an 11 year old? Are you blind to the world? I am not being disrespectful- I appreciate your positive outlook on people, but there are people in prison for raping 2 year olds, a woman in a wv prison is incarcerated for raping her own child with a hot curling iron!! It happens everyday! Open your eyes to the evil around us... On the topic of abortion for the rape victim- so you are okay with physically and emotionally traumatizing an 11 year old child, the child would of course be traumatized enough, but to live in a living hell for 9 months, that's enough to push a child to suicide. So there would be two lives lost. It's a tough decision, who is to say who is right? Whatever the individuals choice is in that situation I believe is right for them. On the subject of illness-- so you condone birthing a child that you know will be in physical excruciating pain for the rest of their life, going through numerous surgeries, never having a quality of life whatsoever? I'm sorry, but I feel that is a selfish act. Why put someone you love through that?
hey

Ardsley, NY

#7 Oct 13, 2012
whoa wrote:
Your a fuck!ng retard for even asking this kinda question I mean you questioning your own children?? Must not be to good of a mother...
You must not be too intelligent, can you not handle controversial adult debates without cursing or downing another person? They never said anything about their own children. They asked everyone's opinion. Maybe they are writing a research paper on the topic- who are you to judge?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#8 Oct 13, 2012
whoa wrote:
Actually I'm 33 weeks pregnant with my second child and I am completely 100% AGAINST Abortion and your a complete bitch for saying such a thing! Why did I start the Topic? Because I wanted to hear others OPINIONS! Maybe try to understand why people do what they do.

I love both my children more than anything in this world, my son is 7yrs old and I wouldn't know where I would be without him. For years, since around the time my son was 2yrs old, I wanted a Baby Girl so badly and now I'm finally having her!(: and naming her the name I've had picked out for years.

It is not wrong to post a TOPIC on 'TOPIX' wanting to hear others opinions. Perhaps you should take what your parents 'should have' taught you and keep your nasty thoughts to yourself. Thank You! and I'm glad there's actually adults on this site that can discuss such area's in a mature manner.
Johnny Rotton

Williamstown, WV

#9 Oct 14, 2012
mmmmmmmmmm i love prego vage can i get some will's mom?
js

Hurricane, WV

#10 Oct 14, 2012
I'm not Pro-Abortion, I'm pro-choice.
huh

Charleston, WV

#11 Oct 15, 2012
Johnny Rotton wrote:
mmmmmmmmmm i love prego vage can i get some will's mom?
Ummm, thats weird not even funny or cool.
I am pro-choice. I have three children and can't imagine terminating any of my pregnancies. I think its morally and ethically wrong when used solely as birth control and think that person is selfish and self centered and will pay some price. I know women who have had abortions and it haunted them and I believe you have to answer to God in your afterlife.
With that being said, I am against it but we were given free-will and it is not up to me, religious organizations, or government to control beliefs . So, for me, I look at it this way abortion is bad and letting the government control moral and ethical choices is worse. I have to choose what I dislike the most and that is my moral and ethical decision and thoughts being regulated.
bill nye

Scott Depot, WV

#12 Oct 15, 2012
i wish you would have given up you children huh. the world would be better off without more of your dna in it. Pregnant cat is good.
bill bill

Charleston, WV

#13 Oct 16, 2012
bill nye wrote:
i wish you would have given up you children huh. the world would be better off without more of your dna in it. Pregnant cat is good.
Sounds like Johnny Rotten wrote this too.
1 post removed
ballerina
#15 Dec 10, 2012
if a child is raped and gets pregnant this means shes had her menstrual at some point and her parents didnt take her to get a pap and some form of birth control. therefore I see the parents as being irresponsible. times are bad and we as parents need to stay prepared, ready to handle things. abortion is only acceptable to me if theres absolutely no chance of the 2 makeing it. as for an 11 yr old being raped, it is your responsibility as a good parent to accept that in todays society this thing happens more than we can imagine. therefore as a responsible parent when your child starts her menstrual you should take her to get a pap and a form of protection. dont sit back and do nothing to protect your child and then say abortion is ok just because u did nothing to protect your child. we can not be with our kids every second we need to accept that and be responsible parents.
kris

Springfield, NJ

#16 Dec 11, 2012
ballerina wrote:
if a child is raped and gets pregnant this means shes had her menstrual at some point and her parents didnt take her to get a pap and some form of birth control. therefore I see the parents as being irresponsible. times are bad and we as parents need to stay prepared, ready to handle things. abortion is only acceptable to me if theres absolutely no chance of the 2 makeing it. as for an 11 yr old being raped, it is your responsibility as a good parent to accept that in todays society this thing happens more than we can imagine. therefore as a responsible parent when your child starts her menstrual you should take her to get a pap and a form of protection. dont sit back and do nothing to protect your child and then say abortion is ok just because u did nothing to protect your child. we can not be with our kids every second we need to accept that and be responsible parents.
I don't agree with this and I don't appreciate you calling the parents who don't agree with you 'irresponsible'. No I can't be with my child every second but I will do anything I can to protect her. But I'm not going to take her to get a pap as soon as she has a menstrual cycle, kids are starting to have them around 12 years old and I'm not going to take my child's innocence away and force birth control on her when she has done nothing. If I knew she was having sex or thought she was thinking about it then yes I would, but I refuse to take away a child's innocence. This life is crazy and you do have to do what you can to protect your child but there are other ways than taking them to a dr at a young age and forcing them to get a pap, that would be traumatizing in itself! There is a reason that the dr.'s recommend you have a pap at age 21 or when you are sexually active!! You may call me irresponsible but I call you sick and uneducated.
hrrr

Charleston, WV

#17 Dec 11, 2012
It is irresponsible to take your child to get a pap when they start their period as a precautionary to pregnancy. Stop and think about that judgment ballerina. I am assuming you do not have children and/or are young. I have a daughter who has made it through high school into college and has not been pregnant or has a had a pap. I am a responsible parent and agree there are too many irresponsible parents. I was told the hardest word to say as a parent is "NO" and how true that has been. It would have been easier to say "Yes" to my children. Parents can start by saying "No" following through and being an active parent in their life. This is not the entire answer to help prevent unwanted pregnancy and abortion but this has worked for me in raising multiple children.
ballerina
#18 Dec 11, 2012
i am a mother as a matter of fact. my children are under the age of 5. i will not have them papd until i know they have had sex, but I am smart enough to start her on birth control as soon as she strts her monthly. because i know for a fact that i can not watch her every move and things do happen. for the most part children will not come to their parents about sex. why? because most parents are all into " oh my baby would never" or make them feel like they will be in trouble. its common sense. birth control does not in any way take away innocence. i didnt mean to have them papd b4 they have sex. im srry i must have worded it wrong but birth control is a safety measure that should be taken. you can not be with your child 24-7, and theres really no other way to ensure that type of safety. what? tie a whistle around their neck? its 2012 things are bad and getting worse. protect your child how u c fit but do not judge me for protecting mine how i c fit. i c nothing at all wrong with birth control. have u even saw the statistics for under age pregnancies? kids are preg at around 12 or 14 these days! its not 1970 anymore u need to wake up. i was raped at age 14 lucky for me my mom already had me on the pill and i thank her for that. if not for her choosing to protect me i would have most likely become pregnant. do you truly think a child wants to be responsible for another childs life? to know they cant take care of the baby so they have to have an abortion? wouldnt u consider that takeing away a childs innocence? i am an extremely good parent and my daughter will inform u of that so your childish put downs do not bother me. therefore u shouldnt waste your time.
ballerina
#19 Dec 11, 2012
furthermore... u say there are other ways to protect them... well fill me in on these ways please. i have an open mind i will listin and perhaps even use these other methods. there certainly werent any other methods when i was raped by my babysitter. so please do fill me in on what else could have been done. oh and before u say my parents should have researched my sitter. allow me to tell u it was a relative. now fill me in. im waiting. have u any idea how bad things are getting? go to a website for registerd sex offenders type in your city and see how safe u feel then. are u going to follow your kids to school? eat school lunches with them? go to their friends houses with them? follow them everywhere they go? no u cant. so get over yourself. and as for the other person, just say no? really? lmao i am happy this worked for you. but i know at least 50 parents that it didnt work for.(im in a parenting group) we do not all share the same opinions and thats ok. im not here to argue with u. all i know is ive been there.
bob dylan

United States

#20 Dec 11, 2012
Kids are like trophys in a marriage.. meaningless and takes up space. Abortion all the way!!
kris

Springfield, NJ

#21 Dec 11, 2012
ballerina wrote:
furthermore... u say there are other ways to protect them... well fill me in on these ways please. i have an open mind i will listin and perhaps even use these other methods. there certainly werent any other methods when i was raped by my babysitter. so please do fill me in on what else could have been done. oh and before u say my parents should have researched my sitter. allow me to tell u it was a relative. now fill me in. im waiting. have u any idea how bad things are getting? go to a website for registerd sex offenders type in your city and see how safe u feel then. are u going to follow your kids to school? eat school lunches with them? go to their friends houses with them? follow them everywhere they go? no u cant. so get over yourself. and as for the other person, just say no? really? lmao i am happy this worked for you. but i know at least 50 parents that it didnt work for.(im in a parenting group) we do not all share the same opinions and thats ok. im not here to argue with u. all i know is ive been there.
I am sorry you went through that and I completely agree, some things are unavoidable and only God knows the reason things happen. I apologize for upsetting you, it just struck a nerve with me when you stated any parent who doesn't get their child a pap is irresponsible, because I know I am far from irresponsible and I do not agree with the pap. I do however agree with birth control and given your circumstance and your feelings toward it, I understand your reasoning completely and applaud you for you trying to protect your child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saint Albans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trista Richardson 1 hr Grow up 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr THE COMIC 1,268
Drunk girl at Taco Bell 9 hr Iknowu 18
hollie doub (Jul '14) 10 hr True 7
Donny Kyle (Aug '10) 15 hr Guesswho 38
Mrs snyder Wed Sam I am 5
Jesse Delafuentes (Jul '14) Wed Mog 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saint Albans Mortgages