McKinley&Hayes Middle School

Posted in the Saint Albans Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sammi

Charleston, WV

#1 Jan 12, 2011
Who do u know? Whos a slut? Whos the coolest? Who has dates every guy/girl in the school?
Meee

Charleston, WV

#2 Jan 12, 2011
I know tori scaggs is the most awsome bestfriend evva.
jfadfjadfaddfjad fjd

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 16, 2011
oh my god. Victoria Scaggs is the shit.
&&heartss;<3

Charleston, WV

#4 Jan 17, 2011
Omg ikr.!!
idgaf-

United States

#5 Jun 15, 2012
Its a dumb ass school ! We get high , break shit, fight , && nothing is done!
Actually its a pretty good school (;
Annon

Charleston, WV

#6 Aug 10, 2012
This is why I do not wish to send my child to either school.
I went to Hayes. Intelectually understimulating, filled with teachers that didn't care about students, and the facility itself was horribly run down.
Julie39

United States

#7 Aug 10, 2012
My daughter went to Hayes for a year and a half, we moved and she went to John Adams for the remaining year and a half. Words can't explain the difference between the two schools, it's a shame that the kids at Hayes can't experience what the kids at JA have. Not only is it an academic school, it's very organized with good front office, good teachers, good parents, good sports teams and just an all around feel of excellence. Best middle school in the entire state and that's not just based on westest scores it's the overall experience.
Annon

Charleston, WV

#8 Aug 11, 2012
Julie thank you for your comment.
I'm expecting my first child and trying to find out as much as possible about all of the education options in the area. It's nice to finally hear a good review of a school!

There are different website that give ratings based on test scores and allow parent comments.
Sadly I have to agree with one of the more negative comments I've read- mmany of us in WV don't realize how substandard some of our schoos are, because we don't know anything else. Sadly many of our schools, even the private ones (in some cases expecially the private ones) aren't the best learning environment.

I want my child to go to good elementary, middle, and high school programs. However in considering what programs would be the "best" for my child I also have to consider where the majority of the students will go when they move up to the next school level. While academics and safety are my top concerns, I doubt I would create a good learning environment, or a content child, if I forced my child to go to school with a completely different set of kids for each level of education.

I'm trying to find a good school district in my general area that has high quality eementary, midde, and high schools.
Parent

Nitro, WV

#9 Aug 11, 2012
The problems at Hayes start at the top. Scott Monty the principal is incompetent and totally ineffective. The teachers bully the students. The students bully the students. The test scores are lousy. And it will be this way until they clean house there.
Parents complaints are ignored.

Everyone there and at the Board of Education knows about the problems and nobody will do anything about it.
Annon

Charleston, WV

#10 Aug 11, 2012
I could not agree more.
I know some people don't take bullying seriously, but it is counter productive to a learning environment.
Often times the bullying, which is ignored, as you said, would be considered harassment and would result in criminal charges if the parties involved were adults.
Dave11

United States

#11 Aug 11, 2012
Parent wrote:
The problems at Hayes start at the top. Scott Monty the principal is incompetent and totally ineffective. The teachers bully the students. The students bully the students. The test scores are lousy. And it will be this way until they clean house there.
Parents complaints are ignored.

Everyone there and at the Board of Education knows about the problems and nobody will do anything about it.
No one can do anything about it, it's the gene pool. Stop making excuses.
Tressa

Saint Albans, WV

#12 Aug 25, 2012
There are some excellent teachers at Hayes. Unfortunately, they are almost outnumbered by the ones who show videos daily (When they show up) or play elementary school games to occupy the students and don't do real lesson plans. Won't even mention the way they dress. Mr. Monty needs to get rid of several of them.
Itrojan

Princeton, WV

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Trojan boy
mom

Ashburn, VA

#14 Dec 19, 2013
My child attends MMS, and I've been quite pleased with the education she has received there. Her west test scores are high, she enjoys going to school, likes her teachers, and has had the opportunity to participate in extra curricular activities. Personally, I prefer the smaller school size. Although not an affluent area, I believe the school is doing the best they can with what they have.
1 post removed
pops

Hockessin, DE

#16 Jan 6, 2014
Kids that have parents that care will be fine . The curriculum is the same county wide. If their in advanced classes they will be fine period . It all starts with Parenting
But I guess its just easier to blame the schools .
00 grand am

Winfield, WV

#17 Jan 7, 2014
I attended Hayes for a year. It is by far one of the worst schools in WV. The staff are uncaring, unintelligent , pathetic people. The facility is in shambles. The students for the most part are wild animals. It's a horrible place.
bigdaddy

Charleston, WV

#18 Jan 8, 2014
i like it.....ALOT!
harold 72

Charleston, WV

#19 Jan 26, 2014
I care too much about my child to send them to Hayes so I moved. Shame shame shame
mark

Charleston, WV

#20 Jan 26, 2014
Hayes and McKinley both have a greatschool score of 6 out of 10. McKinley has a little better test scores and better pupil to teacher ratio.
hornet

Hockessin, DE

#21 Jan 27, 2014
My kids have went to both schools and are in advanced classes. Both schools are fine . Not the top but not the bottom either . Parenting is everything . The school does not raise your child you do. They give them the work it is your job to see that its done .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saint Albans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jameson Edwards 1 min Tom Clark 2
Daniel W. 1 hr QueenBBB 18
Trashy trailer park near the intersection of W.... 1 hr Floyd Crawford 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr Machine Gun Jake ... 4,243
Suzis Hamburgers 7 hr Food critic 6
Anyone know Patty marcum 9 hr Fanny 8
Kelsi and Nora Shamblin 10 hr Horns n halo 12

Saint Albans Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance