Police chiefs voice concerns to AG ab...

Police chiefs voice concerns to AG about Ariz. law

There are 39 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 27, 2010, titled Police chiefs voice concerns to AG about Ariz. law. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Arizona's new immigration law and similar proposals in other states would lead to an increase in crime, some police chiefs from around the country told Attorney General Eric Holder in an hourlong meeting Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Crusader

United States

#21 May 27, 2010
Another load of liberal dung. These police chiefs aren't on the border and if they can't handle their jobs they need to get into a different line of work. If the illegals wern't there in the first place they wouldn't be having illegals commiting crimes in their areas. Idiots!
Countymen

Clarksville, MD

#22 May 27, 2010
oh yeah, enforcing existing laws increases crime!!

Bite me - liars!
Bedrock Bob

Cerrillos, NM

#23 May 27, 2010
Too Simplistic wrote:
Rally now? Did YOU guys have a massive Hispanic population on the border of Mexico? Please enlighten me on how your state's situation is comparable.
It is amusing that you idgits have an opinion about what police chiefs should be thinking even though I seriously doubt any of you are in law enforcement yourselves. You are aware that most police forces are understaffed, right? That means that dealing with this would not allow them to put as much focus on investigating other crimes such as burglaries, thefts, muggings, sexual assaults, regular assaults etc. etc. etc. Oh that's right! I forgot, only illegals do those kinds of things.
Do you tards really think that if a cop arrests someone for not having their papers, they will just take the person to jail, and that's it? They would have to spend time creating reports, then trying to find the person's identity which requires time and MORE fingerprint examiners and fingerprint database computers. Then once that is all done, they process them to be sent them over to ICE.
You see, they already do this, but if they start doing this through the cops, do you realize how many people they would be dealing with on a daily basis???? Do you have any comcept of the fact that not only would this overburden the police forces that are already lacking in numbers, federal agencies that are just not equipped to handle that volume would not be able to keep up.
Get a brain, do research, analyze objectively, then create an opinion.
<quoted text>
Oh woe is the job of the policeman. We simply cant uphold the laws of the land becasue we are understaffed. We have all those LONG reports to file. It would be much better to simply ignore the fact that there are thousands of illegals here than it would be to try and address the situation. It is just much too hard!

Should we all vote to determine a priority list? We have so many laws that the cops just cant enforce them all. Maybe we need to prioritze for them. At least WE can decide what laws we want them to ignore adn not let THEM tell US what laws they decide to upghold and what laws they feel are "just too troublesome".

Since when does a public servant get the right to decide which laws they are going to enforce? They are SWORN TO ENFORCE THEM ALL. We al get a vote! Why are the cops allowed to vote and then second guess the decision? If the feds wont enforce the laws and teh states try to our government starts a propoganda campaign in spite of 75% of the popular opinion. Then the cops are whining about having to do it. I guarantee that if the feds wont enforce the laws, the cops wont enforce the laws WE ARE ONE STEP FROM ANARCHY! Why? THE PEOPLE WILL ENFORCE THE LAWS!
ArizonaFightingF orUS

United States

#24 May 27, 2010
Too Simplistic wrote:
Rally now? Did YOU guys have a massive Hispanic population on the border of Mexico? Please enlighten me on how your state's situation is comparable.
It is amusing that you idgits have an opinion about what police chiefs should be thinking even though I seriously doubt any of you are in law enforcement yourselves. You are aware that most police forces are understaffed, right? That means that dealing with this would not allow them to put as much focus on investigating other crimes such as burglaries, thefts, muggings, sexual assaults, regular assaults etc. etc. etc. Oh that's right! I forgot, only illegals do those kinds of things.
Do you tards really think that if a cop arrests someone for not having their papers, they will just take the person to jail, and that's it? They would have to spend time creating reports, then trying to find the person's identity which requires time and MORE fingerprint examiners and fingerprint database computers. Then once that is all done, they process them to be sent them over to ICE.
You see, they already do this, but if they start doing this through the cops, do you realize how many people they would be dealing with on a daily basis???? Do you have any comcept of the fact that not only would this overburden the police forces that are already lacking in numbers, federal agencies that are just not equipped to handle that volume would not be able to keep up.
Get a brain, do research, analyze objectively, then create an opinion.
<quoted text>
You know, you're sick. You're probably mean and ugly too. What exactly is your ideal working solution to this problem? My brain says border protection. Keep them out. Find those in hiding and put them on a plane home. The media has mistakenly given invaders (those with no ID or papers of any sort)the name "immigrant." What an insult to 99% of us. That makes the invader a warm and fuzzy person who just wants to work and is being mistreated by the country who gives so much. Hidden with those "immigrants" are nationalities of many varieties (not just Mexican) to include middle-Eastern. I have an absolute phobia when it comes to middle-Easterners. Sorry. That only happened in 2001. I'm not very kind or understanding about these things. It was reinforced by the attack at Fort Hood, TX recently and again with the Christmas Day underwear-bomber. I mean, I wasn't born with that phobia. If you don't think America should turn in illegal aliens, what is your solution? Newsweek is trying to tells us that our cities are safer with immigrants. That's probably an accurate statement. But, what about invaders?
jan michael vincet

United States

#25 May 27, 2010
Maybe the police's time would be better served doing tobacco stings and speed traps. I'd really don't want them to be put out. Do any of you know what type a pension most officers get after twenty years? close to full pay, and who pays for that? Get off your ass and do your job.
Too Simplistic

El Paso, TX

#26 May 27, 2010
There is this thing called protocol, policies and procedures written to dictate every kind of thing an officer can do. This is because there have been and are lawsuits all of the time. Police and all FEDERAL (operative word there) officers have to follow them or there are repercussions.
Uphold ALL laws? NO, that is where you are dead wrong. Police officers are sworn to uphold state, city, and county law. That's why they can't just go around to other cities and states and be cops over there whenever they want to. Federal crimes are handled and investigated by federal officers. If a federal crime is discovered by a police officer, it is handed over to the feds because the feds have their own protocol that must be followed.
Like I said, our federal agencies do not have the ability to take on hundreds of cases per day. That is unless they put more money into it which would be more cost consuming than illegals are themselves. This is just how it is.
ArizonaFightinForUs, you pretty much just stated that you are a just a xenophobe. you have no problem with the militias like the Hutaree? How about the anthrax guy? How about that American white lady that was planning an attack in Europe? As for my looks, lol, you will never know. You sound like a an ugly individual on the inside which always makes one hideous on the outside.
Natural

United States

#27 May 27, 2010
Too Simplistic wrote:
There is this thing called protocol, policies and procedures written to dictate every kind of thing an officer can do. This is because there have been and are lawsuits all of the time. Police and all FEDERAL (operative word there) officers have to follow them or there are repercussions.
Uphold ALL laws? NO, that is where you are dead wrong. Police officers are sworn to uphold state, city, and county law. That's why they can't just go around to other cities and states and be cops over there whenever they want to. Federal crimes are handled and investigated by federal officers. If a federal crime is discovered by a police officer, it is handed over to the feds because the feds have their own protocol that must be followed.
Like I said, our federal agencies do not have the ability to take on hundreds of cases per day. That is unless they put more money into it which would be more cost consuming than illegals are themselves. This is just how it is.
ArizonaFightinForUs, you pretty much just stated that you are a just a xenophobe. you have no problem with the militias like the Hutaree? How about the anthrax guy? How about that American white lady that was planning an attack in Europe? As for my looks, lol, you will never know. You sound like a an ugly individual on the inside which always makes one hideous on the outside.
I have no problem? On top of being a know-it-all, are you insane too? Sorry, you're wrong. I have a problem with every crazy group or individual who harms others. Just because I'm skeptical of middle-eastern illegal aliens doesn't mean I approve of radical militias. Anthrax? That crazy white lady? Boy you're a classic. You're really reaching because you have no argument. Whatever I am on the inside is born of pure love of family, country, and human-kind. If that's automatically ugly to you, so what? We're all different. And by the way, your beginning pompous statements are facts for the most part known to everyone. You didn't add a thing to the conversation. You still have no solution, just a big mouth. So it costs more money to rid ourselves of illegals than to just let them stay??? That's your argument?
Too Simplistic

El Paso, TX

#28 May 27, 2010
Well, it does not seem like anyone is taking protocol into account when they argue for cops doing things they could very easily mess up doing which would get the case thrown out of court if it went to court. You only mentioned foreign cultures in your fears. That lead me to the conclusion that you are xenophobic.
If I'm the one with a big mouth just because I come to conclusions based on facts, then I guess that would make you one who talks just hear yourself pontificate nonsense.
My solution would be to build up the border and strengthen it much better than it is now, and yes, grant them stay. The alternative would be to spend millions building up the border and spending billions making ICE bigger than it currently is with more manpower, facilities, and technologies; then doing investigations, then going through the court system, then final deportation.
overlapping authority

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#29 May 27, 2010
Too Simplistic wrote:
By golly you make it sound so narrow, you are clueless.

A Texas Game warden has more authority than A BP agent, for local,state and Federal...
shocker!
overlapping authority

United States

#30 May 27, 2010
Too Simplistic wrote:
Well, it does not seem like anyone is taking protocol into account when they argue for cops doing things they could very easily mess up doing which would get the case thrown out of court if it went to court. You only mentioned foreign cultures in your fears. That lead me to the conclusion that you are xenophobic.
If I'm the one with a big mouth just because I come to conclusions based on facts, then I guess that would make you one who talks just hear yourself pontificate nonsense.
My solution would be to build up the border and strengthen it much better than it is now, and yes, grant them stay. The alternative would be to spend millions building up the border and spending billions making ICE bigger than it currently is with more manpower, facilities, and technologies; then doing investigations, then going through the court system, then final deportation.
Take off the handcuffs the local yokals have applied, every officer enforces everything.
NO need to expand ICE.
Reward illegals, HARDLY..enforce and deport.

Change is coming..
Be seeing ya.
Too Simplistic

El Paso, TX

#31 May 28, 2010
It's simply not feasible. You would have to expand the police forces if that happened. Something would have to be expanded. Police forces are funded by local tax revenues. If police forces were to be expanded because of this, the burden would be put squarely on the residents of the cities especially those right on the border. Try exercising next-step analyses before putting up catch phrases that I hear so much it feels like parrots learned to type.
overlapping authority wrote:
<quoted text>
Take off the handcuffs the local yokals have applied, every officer enforces everything.
NO need to expand ICE.
Reward illegals, HARDLY..enforce and deport.
Change is coming..
Be seeing ya.
Silly boy

United States

#32 May 28, 2010
Too Simplistic wrote:
It's simply not feasible. You would have to expand the police forces if that happened. Something would have to be expanded. Police forces are funded by local tax revenues. If police forces were to be expanded because of this, the burden would be put squarely on the residents of the cities especially those right on the border. Try exercising next-step analyses before putting up catch phrases that I hear so much it feels like parrots learned to type.
<quoted text>
The local pd gets federal funds, let them earn it.
Same with SO, asking that little question of an offender, USC?
NO BIG DEAL. I just love it.
The use of existing authorized LE to enforce all codes, would help close this crap real fast, something clearly not on your plate.

The benefit is the LOSS of the criminal element amongst us... on every one's plate.
BP assists EL PASO SO

United States

#33 May 28, 2010
Friday, 8:15 pm the El PASO SHERIFF OFFICE AT A TRAFFIC STOP IN TORNILLO, LOST THE DRIVER!

HE RAN AWAY. WHITE SHORTS, NO SHIRT --THE BORDER PATROL IS ASSISTING THE SO, A FLIR UNIT IS BEING TAKEN FROM BORDER USE TO HELP THE SO.

NOW, THIS IS THE WISE CRACKING SHERIFF WHO AT A PUBLIC MEEGTING EXPRESSED HOPE FOR THE FEDERAL MONIES TO BE REALIZED SO HE CAN GET HIS FOLKS OFF THE BORDER AND BACK TO THE COMMUNITY!

WHAT A LIAR!

ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT NEEDS TO WORK TOGETHER, NOT FIGHT OVER WHO HAS THE BIGGEST DESK.

WAKE UP AND DO YOUR JOB. ALL OF IT.

HANDS OUT FOR THE MONEY BUT WHEN IT COMES TO DO THE JOB THE NO RESPONSE IS A RESPONSE!
BP assists EL PASO SO

United States

#34 May 28, 2010
9:16, THE bORDER pATROL CAPTURE THE PRISONER WHO ESCAPED EL PASO SHERIFF OFFICE CUSTODY.

NOW ISN'T IT NICE THE BIG BOYS CAN PLAY WITH THE LITTLE ONES AND DO THEIR JOB FOR THEM!?

SO MAYBE THE EL PASO SHERIFF OFFICE SHOULD HAVE PURCHASED NIGHT VISION INSTEAD OF FLASHY MOTORCYCLES!
BP assists EL PASO SO

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#35 May 28, 2010
Boy, THAT felt good!

Another local thug goes to county!
Too Simplistic

El Paso, TX

#36 Jun 1, 2010
Federal grants are used to fund special operations, usually stash house operations. Most of what funds police forces are local tax revenues. It does not sound like you know what you are talking about. I do. Perhaps you should ask yourself how I would know these things, you retard.
Silly boy wrote:
<quoted text>
The local pd gets federal funds, let them earn it.
Same with SO, asking that little question of an offender, USC?
NO BIG DEAL. I just love it.
The use of existing authorized LE to enforce all codes, would help close this crap real fast, something clearly not on your plate.
The benefit is the LOSS of the criminal element amongst us... on every one's plate.
sisterat75

Whitney, TX

#37 Jun 21, 2010
ArizonaFightingForUS wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you're sick. You're probably mean and ugly too. What exactly is your ideal working solution to this problem? My brain says border protection. Keep them out. Find those in hiding and put them on a plane home. The media has mistakenly given invaders (those with no ID or papers of any sort)the name "immigrant." What an insult to 99% of us. That makes the invader a warm and fuzzy person who just wants to work and is being mistreated by the country who gives so much. Hidden with those "immigrants" are nationalities of many varieties (not just Mexican) to include middle-Eastern. I have an absolute phobia when it comes to middle-Easterners. Sorry. That only happened in 2001. I'm not very kind or understanding about these things. It was reinforced by the attack at Fort Hood, TX recently and again with the Christmas Day underwear-bomber. I mean, I wasn't born with that phobia. If you don't think America should turn in illegal aliens, what is your solution? Newsweek is trying to tells us that our cities are safer with immigrants. That's probably an accurate statement. But, what about invaders?
I agree with you completely. I am sick and tired of hearing they just want to come over here and work. Maybe a few but the largest amount don't give a hoot about our country except for the free things they get and they have no shame to accept any free thing and then trample on our soil or flag and you mighty right when I see one of them I will personally see that they get reported. I don't care what color they are , the ones from Mexico are just a little closer and have been doing this a way too long while the hard working people sit by and let them.
I do believe that the Border Patrols are under staffed and we should definitely send in our National guards to patrol those borders and yes, this is war and if they come over they should do what they know how best. And not take a chance on loosing their own lives. I heard on the news just last night about one of our policemans loosing his life trying to solve a family dispute. He had just gotten there and the man shot him . Another shot that man but he got what he deserved the policeman was just doing his duty and trying to protect the innocent and he was innocent and lost his life. That is what chills my blood. I can't say that I envy a policemans job because I wouldn't want to be in his shoes but I want every one of them to know that I appreciate them and all that they do.
sisterat75

Whitney, TX

#38 Jun 21, 2010
jan michael vincet wrote:
Maybe the police's time would be better served doing tobacco stings and speed traps. I'd really don't want them to be put out. Do any of you know what type a pension most officers get after twenty years? close to full pay, and who pays for that? Get off your **** and do your job.
If for any reason if you envy a policemans pay , why don't you get up off your lard and go apply for a job like his. It is my opinion you do not even work and you couldn't qualify for such job in the first place. I'm sure after the first day it would be a little to scary for you. Just ridding in a patrol car would scare someone like you todeath.
Not only do we have great men but we have great women who have chosen to protect us , so you get a life!!!
Dumbocop

Sahuarita, AZ

#39 Jun 27, 2010
Come on, you know that we hire only the stupidest people to be cops. You have to have zero brain to be one. All you do is cruise around all day long. Harrass people left and right. Eat donuts. Harrass some more. Fill ticket quotas. Charge OT. Go on silent calls every time you feel like speeding. Shave your head (this is a pig requirement right now). Park illegally. Spend time talking to fellow pigs. Oink around a bit. Drink coffee. Speed, run red lights, make illegal turns, speed some more.

These idiots are not here to protect you. You want protection, get yourself a gun and take care of your own. Don't wait for these incompetant fools to come and protect you. They'll protect you alright. They'll protect you by giving you a speeding ticket or by simply harrassing you.

We have 1 freaking cop for every 2 people down here. Do we really need all of these pigs here? This is a peaceful area and was peaceful before we brought all of the pig farm down here.

Don't kid yourself, these guys ain't worth 10% of what they are paid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sahuarita Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Border Patrol raids desert aid camp, arrests 4 ... Jun '17 spud 3
Dave Townsend Jun '17 Mike K 1
FeaturePoints referral code TZFTCC (Feb '15) Aug '16 Antonio 2
News Ariz. High School Wrestlers Arrested for Sexual... (Jan '13) Apr '14 Mhm 6
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Arizona (D... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Graham Kotow 23
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Arizona (D... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Brenton Colbath 32
News Son arrested in shooting of his father (Jan '10) Jul '13 girltoobad 5

Sahuarita Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sahuarita Mortgages