'Spirit at work' in the Sonoran Desert

'Spirit at work' in the Sonoran Desert

There are 215 comments on the SantaFeNewMexican.com story from Feb 15, 2009, titled 'Spirit at work' in the Sonoran Desert. In it, SantaFeNewMexican.com reports that:

Photo: Shura Wallin is spending her retirement years working with Green Valley Samaritans, a group that searches for and helps distressed migrants in the southern Arizona desert.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SantaFeNewMexican.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Bonnie

United States

#239 Feb 24, 2009
Paleface wrote:
<quoted text>
cf: lulz
Whatever. You are truly two ugly m f'ers. YIKES!! Bet the cops could not even hang a photo of that in the post office.
Bonnie

United States

#240 Feb 24, 2009
ChicagoAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever the illegal mex next door to me park on the lawn I call the city and they fine them until they move the mex land barges. It's fun to watch them get a ticket handed to them as they give the cop the clueless donkey look.
L.O.L. I don't know if it is against the law here or not. It's a new phenomena. People used to have the sense to park in the drive way. Probably no need for a law until recently.

Watching Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

#248 Feb 24, 2009
Strap on Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
'Bout time you came out of the closet.... You are blunt, I gotta say.....What about Eagle?
Thats not Bonnie la..
Thats BOC using Bonnies name.. No blow to my ego..

Eagle

Watching Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

#251 Feb 24, 2009
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>And that's not la you moron. It's NJ
Well his ISP is Los Angeles, CA
Are you saying its NJ?? Thats where KK posted from so you just ratted out your friend..

Eagle
Bonnie

United States

#253 Feb 25, 2009
Corks r us wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet they could use your carved up empty head as a p.o. box....and your fat azz as a magazine rack....LOL
You are a silver tongued devil. Are ya also a really really tuff guy? Have ya ever kiss a girl. Was that one of your pick up lines. Do ya ever show yer momma you posts? Just messin with ya... I can see you're really a good boy. Probably an Eagle Scout.
fixityerself

Pelican Rapids, MN

#257 Apr 20, 2009
Doinky wrote:
Offering water is the humane thing to do.
Death in the desert isn't a deterrent, nor is the fence, nor is the border patrol, nor is catch and detain nor catch and release.
It's disgusting that we would just let people die out there.
Letting people die in the desert??? WHAT??? We should be tolerant of those who want to die in the desert. After all, why take away their freedom of choice. Arizona suffers from water shortage, why give it to them who trespass into a country that's not theirs? Next liberal morons will say we should offer a thief breaking into our homes, a cup of coffee or a glass of iced tea, and maybe show them where we keep all our valuables. That would be the humane thing to do. Wouldn't it?
sahuaro

Tucson, AZ

#258 Apr 25, 2009
Bless Your Pea Brain wrote:
<quoted text> This use of Christ-like behavior is total B.S. How about "Thou Shalt Not Steal?" Because that's exactly what they do! If you love the illegals so much, adopt a few hundred all for yourself!
Use of Christ like behavior is never "B.S."
Not all Mexicans steal, that's too universal a statement. White people steal, black people steal, American people steal...people steal. That's why I don't let *anyone* in my home!
Caffeinated

United States

#259 Jun 1, 2009
No need to celebrate traitors.

What a disgrace!
GIVE WATER-BACK TO BORDER

Bouse, AZ

#260 Jun 2, 2009
Give them water as YOU walk them BACK to the border!
Where's the compassion about our own Arizonians?? Look at the strain illegals have put on the AZ system. Hospitals overflowing, mental health only has the money to drug patients into submission and not actually teach them how to manage or cope. Children, OUR CHILDREN, in such poverty that they are starving and don't have homes. Our schools? Crap.(Admittedly, AZ doesn't care much about K12 education & No child left behind didn't help any go forward either.) Fire departments across the state have been cut or closed. We didn't have enough law enforcement as it was, and they've been cut too. Yes, some of fire house issues are because of the economy, but not all; and we haven't had enough police in at least a decade, only more cut now. I can go on and on about the cost to the state of Arizona, but do I really need to?
Take care of our own first, otherwise, we can't take proper care of others. And simply put, right now, we can't. The burden on AZ due to illegal aliens is too much. At least immigrants give back, illegals don't. They don't even give back enough to take care of half the burden they have put on AZ.
Arizona can't even take care of its own people, let alone any others.
Caffeinated

United States

#261 Jun 6, 2009
The Mexican government needs to take care of it's own people.

If they can't...they can give us their land to use as we see fit.
how funny

Littleton, CO

#262 Jun 8, 2009
Don't you think that if illegals know they're going to get help out there, more of them will come? And if more come, what then? What about all the crimes they commit while being over here? You're actually helping them come to our country and sell drugs, rape women, beat whoever, and on and on.
areyou4real

Boca Raton, FL

#263 Jun 10, 2009
Ms Ann Thrope wrote:
It's good to see someone doing something compassionate, especially in the face of the kind of xenophobia and selfishness that tries to pass itself off as Christian or patriotic. One party inspires me, while the other makes me cringe; one makes me feel generous, the other makes me want to give them a wide berth. Humanity is made of both, probably needs both.
Good for you....how about putting your money where your mouth is....Post your home address so some ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS can find your home. You can become financially responsible for them...I'm sure the party that inspires you would be so proud of your humanitarian ways...while making the rest of us who belong to another party...who by the way are not xenophobes but instead people who believe in the rule of law...there is abig difference between LEGAL IMMIGRATION and ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION....but you can show us all just how christian you are by placing a large banner in front of your home saying that..."TRESPASSING LAWS DO NOT EXIST AT THIS HOME...WHAT IS MINE IS YOURS... AFTER ALL IT IS THE CHRISTIAN THING TO DO"..and if you don't you are just another liberal, lying, hypocrite
WMDiscussion

Schaumburg, IL

#264 Jun 10, 2009
areyou4real wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you....how about putting your money where your mouth is....Post your home address so some ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS can find your home. You can become financially responsible for them...I'm sure the party that inspires you would be so proud of your humanitarian ways...while making the rest of us who belong to another party...who by the way are not xenophobes but instead people who believe in the rule of law...there is abig difference between LEGAL IMMIGRATION and ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION....but you can show us all just how christian you are by placing a large banner in front of your home saying that..."TRESPASSING LAWS DO NOT EXIST AT THIS HOME...WHAT IS MINE IS YOURS... AFTER ALL IT IS THE CHRISTIAN THING TO DO"..and if you don't you are just another liberal, lying, hypocrite
Amen to your post! I'm so sick of these illegal alien lovers' hypocrisy. They claim Christian values when it comes to illegal aliens but hate their fellow Americans who only want to protect this country.

And the party that "inspires" them is the far left wing, Democrat party and their facist leader, Hussein Obama. No wonder they're all a bunch of loons who need to be taken to a funny farm and locked up forever.
areyou4real

Boca Raton, FL

#265 Jun 10, 2009
WMDiscussion wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to your post! I'm so sick of these illegal alien lovers' hypocrisy. They claim Christian values when it comes to illegal aliens but hate their fellow Americans who only want to protect this country.
And the party that "inspires" them is the far left wing, Democrat party and their facist leader, Hussein Obama. No wonder they're all a bunch of loons who need to be taken to a funny farm and locked up forever.
Thank you....I'm sick of their hypocrisy also...it is time for them to relinquish the sovereignty of their own homes is they expect us to pretend that our nations sovereignty doesn't exist.
areyou4real

Boca Raton, FL

#266 Jun 10, 2009
sorry....should have said "if they expect" etc etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sahuarita Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump's wall plan draws mixed reactions ... Mar '16 Your Ex 47
News Mixed reactions to Trump's border wall along Ar... Mar '16 tomin cali 1
News On Your Mind (Nov '07) Feb '16 Screwed 7
News Illegal immigration main topic of forum (Sep '06) Feb '16 Doctor Strange 53
News Report: Explosives Found Near US-Mexico Border (Nov '14) Dec '15 Kimmy Head 2
Use code - TZFTCC to get free clash of clans gems (Feb '15) Nov '15 KSIXMOONSHADOWX 3
magic mountain or bell hill? (Sep '15) Sep '15 searching 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sahuarita Mortgages