How Billy Joel planned to surprise wi...

How Billy Joel planned to surprise wife with Sagaponack house -

There are 139 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 16, 2007, titled How Billy Joel planned to surprise wife with Sagaponack house -. In it, Newsday reports that:

As a young girl, Katie Lee Joel always dreamed of having a home on the ocean. This summer, husband Billy Joel made that dream come true, buying actor Roy Scheider's five bedroom waterfront home in Sagaponack ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
john caldas

AOL

#134 Aug 17, 2007
skyewyatt wrote:
I would like to know their "carbon footprint". One huge home is bad enough, but to have all of those homes to heat, air condition, & staff is a disgrace. I love all these famous people who claim to care for the environment & social causes but negate them with their rape of the earth.
Your absolutely right!

I'm waiting for the day when one of the celebrities moves to a town like Lynbrook (which is hardly a great sacrifice)and gives the rest of their millions away. Then I will be more than happy to listen to what they have to say on environmental issues.
GTM

United States

#138 Aug 17, 2007
It goes to show you ,you don't have to walk the street to be a call girl. I feel bad for her ,she must get very tired to get him going, or to make him last at least a few minutes.Money can not help you there,only the real thing can make it happend.
A Fan

Coram, NY

#139 Aug 18, 2007
Good for you, Billy. You earned it. You're a Long Island kid who made it. I say, go for it. Do what makes you feel good. Screw the people who don't get it.
bla bla bla

Bronxville, NY

#140 Aug 18, 2007
Ubee A-Sucka wrote:
I feel sorry this poor girl has to bang him. did you see his picture in the Post today? He's fat, bloated, old, hugre bags under his eyes, and getting drunk again.
the only good news for her is he'll probably drive into a tree again soon.
You are correct except the part about the tree!
Albie

Easthampton, MA

#141 Aug 19, 2007
Some of you people are so damn ignorant...this is what a lack of education produces...small minds with no signs of intelligent life. Go back to reading the Enquirer...
BACKATCHA

Bronx, NY

#142 Aug 19, 2007
DEIRDRE wrote:
NICE TO BE RICH AND BE ABLE TO SPEND 17 MILLION on a house. Most of us won't even have that in our lifetime. Even winning the lottery your lucky to even win a million. MOST of us here on the island can barely afford to live and dishing out 17 million on a home...NO COMMENT! What's 17 million to a millionaire or a billionare...nothing. But to MOST of us....trying to get 200 together or 300 together or 2,000 in rent.......is a struggle! Then let's not forget about our other expenses....food, clothing, cable, electric. Then what if we want to vacation......think again. So sorry spending 17 million on a home is greed!!! I'd be lucky to even afford a home here and if I could, I'd be happy with one costing 100,000. So sorry, hearing these stars spending millions on homes is greed! How about buying one of us Long Islanders who struggle to make ends meet a home for the minimum price of home here which is what about.....250,000 if your lucky. Let's not even talk about Trump and Jones Beach!!!!
I hope one day you will have this kind of money because you really sound depressed... If you earn what you make, you should be entitled to the million and better dollar homes here on LI. He didn't inherit, he worked for it. He's entitled.(Trump on the other hand, was dealt the original card from his father)
John

Woodbury, NY

#143 Aug 19, 2007
What a vicious pack of beasts we have here. Obviously none of you actually know either Billy Joel or his wife,yet see fit to howl your morally superior abuse on them. How pathetic and miserable your lives must be.He who is without sin - let him cast the first stone. You make me ashamed to be part of the human race.
Ethan

Woodbury, NY

#144 Aug 19, 2007
Let me get this straight - A man buys a gift out of love for his wife and people tear him apart for this? I don't understand.
GTM

United States

#145 Aug 19, 2007
Ethan wrote:
Let me get this straight - A man buys a gift out of love for his wife and people tear him apart for this? I don't understand.
Lust, not love.
Ethan

Woodbury, NY

#146 Aug 19, 2007
To GTM- Gee, thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess you know him personally well enough to know that he doesn't love his wife. You must be a Very Jmportant Person with that kind of knowledge. I'm really impressed.
Albie

Easthampton, MA

#147 Aug 19, 2007
GTM wrote:
<quoted text> Lust, not love.
...and we all know that Phoenix is the eppa cental of love...or is that Meth?...
GTM

United States

#148 Aug 19, 2007
Albie wrote:
<quoted text>...and we all know that Phoenix is the eppa cental of love...or is that Meth?...
Born and raised in Port Jeff
Ethan

Woodbury, NY

#149 Aug 20, 2007
.........and obviously raised very badly. Do us all a favor and stay in the desert with all the other snakes
GTM

United States

#150 Aug 20, 2007
Ethan wrote:
.........and obviously raised very badly. Do us all a favor and stay in the desert with all the other snakes
I go back from time to time, maybe I'll see you at the local gathering hole. Don't take so hard most of this is a lot of fun. And by the way I live in a private community. No Long Island trash allowed,of any kind.
Ethan

Woodbury, NY

#151 Aug 20, 2007
This is your idea of fun ? Taking delight in slagging and slandering a man and a woman you don't even know with a lot of other judgemental, moral hypocrites ? If they don't allow Long Island trash in your 'private community' then who the hell let you in ? And pray you never see me at the local gathering hole because you really need a good ass-whipping.
John

Woodbury, NY

#152 Aug 20, 2007
Bravo Ethan! All these moronic hyenas posting their garbage prove is that they are a bunch of snide cowards. And F.Y.I.- even Billy Joel doesn't live in a 'private community'. His house sits directly on a public beach where 'Long Island Trash' of any kind ARE allowed.
Billy Jewish

United States

#153 Aug 20, 2007
bond007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel is Jweish but what is the point?
Billy is Jewish , that's why I find it ironic that he's never sued or threatened to sue anybody.
John

Woodbury, NY

#154 Aug 21, 2007
Billy Jewish wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy is Jewish , that's why I find it ironic that he's never sued or threatened to sue anybody.
Thank you for adding Anti-Semitism to this stinking pile of puke. You've summed up the general quality of this entire forum in one hilarious post. Case closed.
Ethan

Woodbury, NY

#155 Aug 21, 2007
"There are people who have lost / Every trace of human kindness" Billy Joel -[All About Soul].........and here they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sagaponack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officials raise concerns about proposed East Qu... Jan 12 JESUSGRANDE 1
Tesla Model X 2016 Jan 8 fyi 3
Historic Movie Theater Roof Collapses In Massiv... Dec '16 openmind693 1
News James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Foun... (Dec '11) Nov '16 SMH 2,912
News Facts shed light on the folly of hoarding bulbs... (Jun '11) Nov '16 Moonbeam 4
News Trump demands Ginsburg resign for criticizing h... (Jul '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 21
News After losing suit against former boss at top me... Aug '16 Rev Cash Dollar 3

Sagaponack Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sagaponack Mortgages