How Billy Joel planned to surprise wi...

How Billy Joel planned to surprise wife with Sagaponack house -

There are 139 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 16, 2007, titled How Billy Joel planned to surprise wife with Sagaponack house -. In it, Newsday reports that:

As a young girl, Katie Lee Joel always dreamed of having a home on the ocean. This summer, husband Billy Joel made that dream come true, buying actor Roy Scheider's five bedroom waterfront home in Sagaponack ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Sarcastic Sarcasticson

Denver, CO

#1 Aug 16, 2007
Wow. Congratulations on your fifth mansion. Sounds like you really needed it.
ya sure

Denver, CO

#2 Aug 16, 2007
quote...""He bought it without my knowing! I don't know how he pulled it off, because I'm so nosy," she tells Hamptons magazine in its latest issue, which hits newsstands Friday."

i'm sure he does alot of things without her knowing...

quote...."The Hamptons locale reminds her of her native West Virginia. "One of the reasons I feel so comfortable in Sagaponack is that the rural atmosphere is very much like home."

somehow i doubt that
dan

Scarsdale, NY

#3 Aug 16, 2007
Hey Billy,write a song about this. "House In The Hamptons"

“LETS GO RANGERS”

Since: Apr 07

Ottawa, Canada

#6 Aug 16, 2007
YAAAAAY..

Can you buy me Paraguay now?????
CATHY

West Hempstead, NY

#7 Aug 16, 2007
Why can't people just be normal and not pay millions of dollars for houses. It raises the average home pricing and some people cannot afford it.
Billy Joel

Frisco, TX

#8 Aug 16, 2007
Eat your heart out, Uptown Girl.
NotShocked

Irvine, CA

#9 Aug 16, 2007
This was news like 2 months ago....
Stony Brook NY

Bound Brook, NJ

#10 Aug 16, 2007
Wait, she must have been the only one that didn't know - wasn't this news a few weeks ago - Billy Joel to buy house in Hamptons for new wife????? Or am I getting psychic? HMMMMMMMM
ann

Jersey City, NJ

#11 Aug 16, 2007
what a waist of money, instead donate it to charity-ie darfur etc.
Maggie

Roosevelt, NY

#13 Aug 16, 2007
Who cares about Billy Joel? Big deal. That's what's important to you people? What about the people living on the streets? They can't aford one house let alone a multi-million dollar house.
Katie Lee Joel

Denver, CO

#15 Aug 16, 2007
I'm better than all you peasants. I have more houses and money than you can ever dream of. Bow down to me for I am your queen.
Dude

New York, NY

#16 Aug 16, 2007
WGAF?
piano girl

United States

#17 Aug 16, 2007
You DRUNK Billy!!!
True story

Elizabeth, NJ

#18 Aug 16, 2007
He once asked if I wanted to chip in and get a case of beer. My boss and I were painting his house at the time. Guess he's been saving his share of the beer money and investing it, since I declined to split the cost. What a cheapo.
Pete

Highland, NY

#19 Aug 16, 2007
Maggie wrote:
Who cares about Billy Joel? Big deal. That's what's important to you people? What about the people living on the streets? They can't aford one house let alone a multi-million dollar house.
Want to read about the people on the streets?......Go to "Mom pleads not guilty to giving son booze" or "Girl bites cop in Greenport"....
Pete

Highland, NY

#21 Aug 16, 2007
You can see that there is a big difference between Billy Joel and Rupert Murdock. Joel stills spends money on girls like a drunken teenager.
Joe Blow

Clifton, NJ

#22 Aug 16, 2007
And Billy wasn't DWI when he crashed his car 2 years ago in East Hampton..Yeah right !!!!
Festering Boil

Frisco, TX

#23 Aug 16, 2007
Maggie wrote:
What's your problem, sweetie? Take a homeless person in YOUR home and quit telling us what to do.
Lahighum

Bethpage, NY

#24 Aug 16, 2007
Is billy joel jewish, does anybdy know?
Ruth

Hicksville, NY

#25 Aug 16, 2007
Billy Joel looks like he would make a good Santa Claus. All he needs is the outfit, and the beard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sagaponack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Hampton Bays man fatally stabbed (Jul '07) Feb 6 Bellhelll 286
News Living in ... Tuckahoe, N.Y. Feb 3 Alfred Mariani 1
News Lynbrook PD: Prostitution Arrests at Capri, Ide... (Feb '13) Jan '18 Confused 10
News Southampton Town Police reports (Feb '09) Jan '18 Mel Brooks 6
News $326 Million Mega Millions Jackpot Win Is Large... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ekkchai Ariyawong 1
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Oct '13 tommy 16
News Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program Hosts Open... (May '11) May '11 karla 1

Sagaponack Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sagaponack Mortgages