James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

Dec 16, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: International Business Times

James Bissett, the co-owner of Long Island Aquarium, was found dead Wednesday night in what police are calling an apparent suicide.

Comments
1 - 20 of 2,855 Comments Last updated Tuesday
First Prev
of 143
Next Last
Chris

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

Jimmy Bissett was a wonderful man, whose business savy, and success has always inspired me. Despite Jim's high ranking in the business world, he seemed to be such a down to earth pleasant man. He will be missed by many.
kevin Godberson

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

I never had a chance to meet Jimmy on a personal level. I can say that I owe a great thanks to him for showing me the way to really run a company the right way. I will continue to hold all of my business at the nursery because of the greatest team of people I ever worked with. Jimmy , I will meet you in the biggest landscape Garden above that I'm sure you are in charge of. Thank you God Bless
tom

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

money, greed, and businesses not doing well at all! unreal for his family before christmas
John

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

over extended!
Mark G

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

cant understand what drives a man to shoot himself, in any event but my sympathy to his family in this holiday season. i sure there must be some things coming to a head soon bankruptcies, and repossesions he must have known and was scared of whats coming.
VBS

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

Jimmy will be dearly missed.... a true gentleman and loved by MANY. My sincere condolences to his wife and beloved children. Forever in my heart!
Vinny

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

i heard his businesses were really struggleing and he layed off lots of people. i feel bad for his family my heart goes out to them. i heard he was a nice man.
gary

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

god bless his family this christmas
Stacy

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

I personally knew Jimmy.. he was very successful down to earth gentlemen! shame on you Vinny for going off of hear say!! No one will ever know the truth behind his horrible decision. His smile & personality would light up a room... he will forever be known as Jimmy Fish!!
John S

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

suicide is just wrong, it destroys much more than yourself. it the easy and selfish and cowardly way out of problems. my prayer goes to his family and children, for strength during this time.
Tonya

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

I feel terrible for the family right before the holidays. such a tragedy.
susan

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

terrible way to go out! must be more to the story
suzie

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

When there is an internal struggle, no one ever knows the extent of the torture felt. Jimmy was an amazing man, such a kind soul, and an inspiration and he will be forever missed. You have no right to pass judgment on anyone whose story you don't know first hand. To walk a mile in one man's shoes....
TJAMS

Farmingville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

i went to school with him , jr high and sachem high school ,, one of the hardest workers ive ever seen , honest loyal and loving family man him and his family are a true class act ,you dont become that sucessful by not doing right thing , a real people person , he will be truly missed by so so many , nothing is werth ending it,

prayers to his family
jtmportjefferson

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

May Jimmy RIP and his family find solace and comfort in those that love them. Please do not forget Jim, had wonderful children with Irene and respect them! Jim is to be pitied rather than scorned!
jtmportjefferson

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

tom wrote:
money, greed, and businesses not doing well at all! unreal for his family before christmas
You are such are a idiot to post such a thing! His family ALREADY feels this and do not need a JERK like you expounding on this.
TJAMS

Farmingville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

tom wrote:
BY YOU SAYING THIS GOES TO PROVE YOU KNOW NOTHING ,( GREED ) MOST GENEROUS PERSON EVER , OBVIOUSLY YOU DID NOT KNOW HIM
A friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Dear jimmy

I would like to wish you a bon voyage on the next part of your eternal journey

The bottle of rain that we left you from your wedding night was full to the top as your life was full of love and compassion for everyone you touched in this world

We all enter this world alone and when it is time to leave we also leave it alone

You are now with all your friends on the other side where the light begins and ends

Peace to u dear Jimmy we love u and u will truly be missed

Aloha
Lang

Pine Bush, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

All of you people from westchester that never knew the man should pay respects to a visionary person and clam up. My condolences to my many friends at Bissets and I know how much they loved their boss, owner and friend.
Jimmmy Bissetts reputaion is far from Money and Greed and only a moron would post that.
Larry Krohn

PopayŠn, Colombia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

RIP Jimmy..........
Jimmy was good people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 143
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sagaponack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 College Professor 6,391
Southold cops: Man caught peeping into living r... Aug 10 peggs 1
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Aug 7 dew4794 673
LaValle, Thiele secure 4-poster bucks Aug 6 Ravensara 1
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Aug 1 tbird Cat Controller 756
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 1 r u crazy 6,377

Search the Sagaponack Forum:
•••

Sagaponack News Video

•••
•••

Sagaponack Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sagaponack People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE