Beach erosion threatens homes in Saga...

Beach erosion threatens homes in Sagaponack

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Beach erosion threatens homes in Sagaponack. In it, Newsday reports that:

Ashby Grantham, 77, lives on the front line of Long Island 's battle with erosion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

gng

Stamford, CT

#1 Aug 1, 2008
No sympathy here. You build in a vulnerable area, Mother Nature may want to take back what's rightfully hers.
dune goat

Elizabeth, NJ

#4 Aug 1, 2008
baahhh bahh bbaaahhhh
"castles in the sand..."
Ex Fire Islander

Lindenhurst, NY

#5 Aug 1, 2008
Lost my Home on the Beach after the "Perfect" Holloween Storm. Got paid from the Insurance Company and moved on. The Ocean reclaimed my Property. It was heartbreaking but that's life. I still have the Memories though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sagaponack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Studying abroad, U.S. students catch a wave in ... May 18 Doc Savage 1
Fire Warning for Suffolk County starting May 13... May 13 GUEST 1
News Hamptons Million-Dollar Homes Bolster Real Esta... May '15 GUEST 2
News Optometrist Apr '15 Beach Man 2
News Downtown Montauk Project Underway, Officials Ho... Apr '15 um how about 3327 XV 1
News $326 Million Mega Millions Jackpot Win Is Large... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ekkchai Ariyawong 1
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Oct '13 tommy 16
More from around the web

Sagaponack People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]