NY State Parks Dept. eyes abuse of pr...

NY State Parks Dept. eyes abuse of privileges for disabled

There are 1 comment on the Newsday story from Oct 2, 2008, titled NY State Parks Dept. eyes abuse of privileges for disabled. In it, Newsday reports that:

New York residents who are legally classified as disabled played more than 41,000 rounds of free golf at state courses on Long Island in the past year - a number that has the Parks Department wondering if the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JayK

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Oct 2, 2008
When I play golf at Eisenhower, and wait on line early in the morning, a lot of them have talked about what a scam this is. So many of them have Access passes, and they all note that all they need is their doctor to pass on some BS note about a disability that doesn't exist. This is an enormous ripoff. Of course, then a lot of times they start talking about welfare cheats and other similar types, and they fail to realize that they are doing the same exact thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sag Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Foun... (Dec '11) Sep 12 friend of cops 2,897
News After losing suit against former boss at top me... Aug 31 Rev Cash Dollar 3
News The Latest: FBI expected to release Clinton doc... Aug 30 Fooling No One 1
News Longtime aide Huma Abedin like 'second daughter... Aug 30 Woof 1
ufc 202 Aug '16 YachtGuy 1
News Billy Joel's daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, hospital... (Dec '09) May '16 drugs thin the herd 33
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! (Jan '16) Jan '16 Saghabordelivery 1

Sag Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sag Harbor Mortgages