Sag Harbor Marine killed in Iraq

Sag Harbor Marine killed in Iraq

There are 129 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Sag Harbor Marine killed in Iraq. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Marine from Sag Harbor has been killed in a suicide car bomb attack on his squad in Iraq, his family said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Kenny Coffey-

Black Mountain, NC

#161 Apr 27, 2008
First a shout out to Vincent Demarco and all those who were able to partisapate in the HONORABLE ride from DEL. to take our brother home..THANK YOU Our thoughts and prayers out to the HAERTER family and all.Knowing now what they have always known is one of the many reasons that our HERO[S] shall NEVER be forgotten.Rest well brother as promised and in your honor that star spangled banner shall FOREVER wave.Your name stamped in steel shall be FOREVER clutched in the talons,as your spirit FOREVER soars high in the skies in the symbol of our greatfull nation THANK YOU All Hard Chargers..If you are wonded I will carry you**If you are captured I will carry you**If you are K.I.A. I will FOREVER reamber you.We have one and all COME by NORTH**COME by SOUTH**COME by EAST**COME by WEST,We were all gathered and united on that great day as strangers,.As we stood and upon those last [4] spoken words we are......FOREVER BROTHERS......B.V.C..........S EMPER FI..........

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Phillip Brame

Philadelphia, PA

#162 Apr 28, 2008
Most of what you say here is open to discussion. What would happen if all soldiers and airmen sailors and marines were to refuse orders and say let me get that in writing? The Presidents Own are the US Marines so when an order for war is issued it is the President who gives it. That is where first in last out comes into play. I understand that you are against the war and no one here is going to question your patronage, but this page is not the place. Here is where we honor one of our fallen brothers.
FACE REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
The Iraq war isn't a job - it's a CON job.
Every US military member back in MY day was informed about the ability to refuse to follow unlawful orders. That's where the phrase "get it in writing" comes from. You can refuse to follow orders to torture and kill civilians. Demand that order in writing, 9 times out of 10 the creep giving you that order won't dare to issue it in writing.
Our troops are carrying "drop shovels" and "drop weapons" to plant on civilians that they shoot after mistaking them for insurgents, so that they can cover their butts. They are shooting and killing innocent people and being killed themselves. FOR. A. LIE.
Then they come home and commit suicide because they cannot live with the things they've done. 20% of ALL suicides in the United States right now are Iraq or Afghanistan war veterans.
Bush and his criminal cabal are directly responsible and as the citizens of this country it is OUR responsibility to hold them accountable for the laws they have broken, the lives they have caused to be taken, and the suffering they have inflicted both on the people of this nation and the people of Iraq.
I don't work for the AssKlownFuhrer OR his father anymore. HE WORKS FOR ME! AND HE'S NOT DOING HIS JOB!
IMPEACH NOW! TROOPS HOME NOW!
Roz

Mount Vernon, NY

#163 Apr 28, 2008
As a parent my heart goes out to both parents but your son didn't
die in vain. Only God and certain leaders know what is being fought here - In part our soldiers are
fighting a great evil and that is not wrong in God's eyes. I'll keep
praying for our soldiers; that's what we all should be doing instead of complaining.

“Yes, you can die of stupidity.”

Since: Nov 07

Huntington Station

#166 Apr 28, 2008
I didn't personally know LCpl. Jordan Haerter, his cousin is dating my younger brother. But as an infantryman I feel the loss as if he was my brother.

To those of you who want to share your political opinions and views, you are entitled to that right...all we ask is that you go elsewhere and leave us time to mourn.

His story:

Jordan was 19 years old, and it had only been a few days in country. While at a checkpoint, his battle buddy ordered a truck to stop. It didn't, instead a suicide bomber charged at LCpl. Haerter's fellow Marines with a single purpose...to destroy them all. Lance Corporal Jordan Haerter was faced with a decision nobody in their right minds would make...but with seconds to decide, he threw down his teammate and opened fire on the vehicle, killing the assailant. However, during his attack...the vehicle borne IED detonated, and killed him as well. It is to Jordan's credit that his fellow Marines are alive...paid for with his blood and the tears of his friends and family.

May Lance Corporal Jordan Haerter rest in peace with our fallen brothers and sisters in arms. May he find solace with our forefathers and those who walked our path before us. May you never be forgotten by those who held you close, and even those who did not. And may time heal the pain and grieving of those he left behind.
Herdman Newark DE

Philadelphia, PA

#167 Apr 29, 2008
Thank you Jordan!
Susan - Marine Mom

Scottsdale, AZ

#168 May 4, 2008
To LCpl Haerter - I promise you will never be forgotten. Thank you for sacrificing yourself to protect me, my family, and all of America. You are a hero and we love and support you, along with your fellow 1/9 brothers - Martinez, Watkins, Rodriguez, Roth, Xiarhos, etc. There are many that love and support all of you. We are here for you. My son was wounded in Ramadi receiving a purple heart. He, at the tender age of 21, is on his third deployment with the 1/5. I honor my son and consider you all my sons. I am here for you all, always. Much love and support to the Haerter/Lyles family during this difficult time. There are many out there who honor you and your son. Ignore the others. Much love and support to all our fine brave who serve our country and keep us safe.
Semper Fi.
From a very proud Marine Mom
in Phoenix, Arizona.
Previously from Farmingdale, L.I. with friends in Sag Harbor

Since: May 08

Scottsdale, AZ

#169 May 4, 2008
Much love and support to the Haerter/Lyles Family. Jordan is now with the Military Angels in heaven guarding and welcoming their fellow brothers in arms. Thank you Jordan for keeping us safe. Thank you for protecting us. We love you and will never forget you.

Semper Fi.
From a proud Marine Mom
Corporal Juraska, 1/5 Weapons Co.
Phoenix, Arizona
previously from Farmingdale,
Long Island

OOHRAH ...
poor dogs

Dover, NJ

#171 May 6, 2008
I am very appreciative for all of the armed forces and the men and women who have served in the military. Especially to those who have fought in a war, who have been wounded and who have died while defending my country. I thank you!
LCprl

Binghamton, NY

#172 Jul 25, 2009
for the best there is yet to come. all who believe shall have everlasting life.
god speed
eagal/globe/anchor

God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sag Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ufc 202 Aug 19 YachtGuy 1
News James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Foun... (Dec '11) Aug 11 chamleo 2,896
News Trump demands Ginsburg resign for criticizing h... Jul '16 Synque 24
News De Blasio mandates restroom access for transgen... Jun '16 Nopal 4
Song about the Citiots! Jun '16 John_Albert 1
News Billy Joel's daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, hospital... (Dec '09) May '16 drugs thin the herd 34
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! (Jan '16) Jan '16 Saghabordelivery 1

Sag Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sag Harbor Mortgages