Noose sparks new Southampton hate crime policy

Full story: Newsday
Southampton Town Police have created a new bias and hate crime policy that puts county detectives in charge of such investigations. Full Story
Bonacker

Port Washington, NY

#1 Dec 4, 2008
There should be some more investigating in East Hampton as well. Anyone else remember when the high school star basketball and his friends were in involved in the series of mugging and jumpings of Hispanics in the Springs section. It was in the Star and a small little blurb in Newsday. This goes on everywhere, its not just in Patchogue.

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 4, 2008
This is ridiculous now. Last year I had a rubber skeleton hanging from a rope on a broom stick for Halloween outside my front window. I live on a main street in a very quaint village off of Hempstead Ave, south of the SS parkway. Had that prop for 12 years. Would you know I was asked to take it down cause it offended some of my town folk. IDIOTS!
Not from LI

Plano, TX

#3 Dec 4, 2008
If that is the case, then I want every thug that tries to give me the "death stare" charged with a hate crime. This is really getting out of control, people.
Joseb

Hicksville, NY

#4 Dec 4, 2008
Well I see it this way, if a mannequin of President Bush is in the noose it is a work of art; but to have a noose without a conservative in the noose is a hate crime.

This is such bull, last year when the town of Hempstead had a noose in the garage someone called and complained about their life being threatened. What the town of Hempstead and Newsday did not tell you is that noose that someone felt threatened by was hanging in the garage for 30 YEARS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sag Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Tue Kristen Scannell ... 2
Did Nancy Genovese Get Her Money Yet? LOLOLOLO... (Feb '11) Dec 14 Rich Giddens 9
James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Foun... (Dec '11) Dec 6 Sheen 2,865
Police: Supervisor Scott Russell Involved in Si... Nov '14 tne martian 1
Adopting older kids: heavenly (Dec '06) Nov '14 edlacinski 4
$326 Million Mega Millions Jackpot Win Is Large... Nov '14 Ekkchai Ariyawong 1
'Pride' star Ben Schnetzer triumphs in U.K. Sep '14 Phyllis Schlafly ... 2

Sag Harbor News Video

Sag Harbor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sag Harbor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sag Harbor News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sag Harbor

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:41 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:41PM
Breaking Down Eagles' Game Plan vs. Giants
Bleacher Report10:49 PM
Jets vs. Dolphins: What Are Experts Saying About New York?
Bleacher Report12:04 AM
Jets' Week 17 Preview vs. Dolphins
Bleacher Report 5:04 AM
New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins: Complete Week 17 Preview for Miami
NBC Sports 5:09 AM
Friday morning one-liners