Mine worker's death probed

There are 2 comments on the Arizona Daily Star story from Aug 22, 2008, titled Mine worker's death probed. In it, Arizona Daily Star reports that:

An electrical apprentice's death occurred last Friday at the Ray Mine, a copper pit operation in a relatively remote section of Pinal County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arizona Daily Star.

anthony

Safford, AZ

#1 Aug 22, 2008
Well I feel very bad for this man's family....At least he didnt work here in Safford for Freeport Mc Moron, where they put chemicals in the air......
Carlos eastside

AOL

#2 Sep 3, 2008
My prays go out to the family. I would like to remind the family that as an apprentice he is never to work un-supervised. Asarco is 100% at fault for allowing these types of practices to continue. Their track record in creating unsafe conditon persist. They should concentrate on safety and never allow this to happen again. The rule is apprentices are never be alone while on the job. Asarco must be a better employer and neighbor, of which they have been lacking for many many years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Willcox Historic Theater Apr 28 joanNYadoptees 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Apr 21 Musikologist 20
News Girl dies after being hit by truck (Nov '08) Jan '15 AdrianB 3
Found Dog! Willcox Nov '14 joanNYadoptees 1
Looking for 3 bed to rent in willcox Nov '14 Mike 1
anyone up for some adult fun? (Sep '14) Oct '14 handyman 3
Review: The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Da... (Sep '14) Sep '14 AlisonNelson 1
More from around the web

Safford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]