Views & News -- The sheriff - Part I

Views & News -- The sheriff - Part I

There are 14 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Views & News -- The sheriff - Part I. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

Last year my wife and I attended a conference arranged by a good friend, Dr. Stanley Monteith.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

Malcolm Kyle

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1 Apr 3, 2010
If you support prohibition then you've helped trigger the worst crime wave in history.

If you support prohibition you've a helped create a black market with massive incentives to hook both adults and children alike.

If you support prohibition you've helped to make these dangerous substances available in schools and prisons.

If you support prohibition you've helped raise gang warfare to a level not seen since the days of alcohol bootlegging.

If you support prohibition you've helped create the prison-for-profit synergy with drug lords.

If you support prohibition you've helped remove many important civil liberties from those citizens you falsely claim to represent.

If you support prohibition you've helped put previously unknown and contaminated drugs on the streets.

If you support prohibition you've helped to escalate Theft, Muggings and Burglaries.

If you support prohibition you've helped to divert scarce law-enforcement resources away from protecting your fellow citizens from the ever escalating violence against their person or property.

If you support prohibition you've helped overcrowd the courts and prisons, thus making it increasingly impossible to curtail the people who are hurting and terrorizing others.

If you support prohibition you've helped evolve local gangs into transnational enterprises with intricate power structures that reach into every corner of society, controlling vast swaths of territory with significant social and military resources at their disposal.

If you still support prohibition then prepare yourself for even more death, corruption, sickness, imprisonment, unemployment, foreclosed homes, and the complete loss of the rule of law and the Bill of Rights.
Jim Hall

United States

#2 Apr 3, 2010
All true.
Stunning

San Leandro, CA

#3 Apr 3, 2010
The vast majority of laws are prohibitionist in nature. I could give you thousands of examples, but you already know that. Take your marijuana legalizations talking points somewhere else.
Shagnasty

Kelseyville, CA

#4 Apr 3, 2010
Free advertising. A COLUMN not a letter to the editor.
new leadership needed

United States

#5 Apr 3, 2010
No single individual can go head to head with these criminal organizations, but collectively we can see to it that they are disbanded and that new, prudent leadership emerges. We urge all individuals to post what information they have, keep abreast of the content on this page, and stay true to the cause of removing these people from power and restoring our freedoms and liberties.

Good article to the degree it exposes the difference between a sloth like Mitchell and other more advanced thinking individuals.

The above paragraph is the position statement of the sheriffmitchellwatch.blogspot.com citizens group of concerned citizens, please join us in our efforts to bring transparency and justice back to our county.
Todd

Clearlake, CA

#6 Apr 3, 2010
Somehow I felt this comentary was addressing Mitchell.
More Questions

San Leandro, CA

#7 Apr 3, 2010
It should, it's accurate enough.
It is

United States

#8 Apr 3, 2010
It is addressing Mitchell, a subtle way of making a point, but a point well made indeed.
pot head

United States

#9 Apr 3, 2010
More Questions wrote:
It should, it's accurate enough.
After the first paragraph NOTHING relates to Mitchell. If it did Mitchell would be running uncontested.
Mountain Breeze

South Gate, CA

#10 Apr 5, 2010
Why is this article in the RB? Where is this sheriff and what does it have to do with Lake Co. or even the State of CA? Thre is no context or foundation for this article.
cobbmama

United States

#12 Apr 6, 2010
Todd wrote:
Somehow I felt this comentary was addressing Mitchell.
I agree.
Al Duncan

United States

#13 Apr 7, 2010
My purpose for writing this article is the same as with all of my articles, to enlighten the public as best I can. In this case, to enlighten the people of the enormous powers the Sheriff possess for protecting and serving those within his or her county, no more, no less.

I no nothing of the current Sheriff nor his activities, and therefore I am not making any references to him or about him, directly nor indirectly. Thus, you’re better equipped to judge whether the shoe fits or not.

My intent is never against anyone but to enlighten everyone.

I promote everyone’s right to express their disagreement with my views. That’s one of the precious rights afforded us in the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. I only ask, please don’t shoot the messenger.

Thanks for all of your comments, they keep me on my toes.

Al Duncan
Great article

Waterloo, IA

#14 Apr 7, 2010
Al Duncan wrote:
My purpose for writing this article is the same as with all of my articles, to enlighten the public as best I can. In this case, to enlighten the people of the enormous powers the Sheriff possess for protecting and serving those within his or her county, no more, no less.
I no nothing of the current Sheriff nor his activities, and therefore I am not making any references to him or about him, directly nor indirectly. Thus, you’re better equipped to judge whether the shoe fits or not.
My intent is never against anyone but to enlighten everyone.
I promote everyone’s right to express their disagreement with my views. That’s one of the precious rights afforded us in the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. I only ask, please don’t shoot the messenger.
Thanks for all of your comments, they keep me on my toes.
Al Duncan
Tnx Al. I always enjoy your articles. Keep them coming.
Brodan62

United States

#19 May 9, 2010
Al has hit the nail on the head. Make it illegal and you make it more attractive to the rebellious. Legalize it and you remove the glamour and the source of income for the unscrupulous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are you living in Willcox az. ? Jun 17 joan 1
Az Birth Parents who relinquished a child (Jun '12) Jun 17 joan 6
News Fort Bowie historic site (May '10) Jun 5 Bud1 3
the music thread (Mar '12) Jun 2 Musikologist 22
Freeport McMoran Calls Laid Off Workers Losers,... (Feb '09) Apr '16 Not-a-highschool-... 7
Son shoots mother in chest Apr '16 Dani Moonstar 3
Does anyone remeber a steve c. Mar '16 Knows_whats-going... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Safford Mortgages