Tallassee, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Listener wrote:
Truth from Gallion/Demopolis....I know who you are. Your continued adverse and racist comments attests to you being a bitter and disgruntled person. You made "further more" comments even when no one responded to you. You surely should check yourself!!! You are not as intelligent for which you attempt to give your self credit. You are a disgrace to your community for your dispicable and judgemental comments, and for your specific reference to Blacks and Black Men. Uniontown has more than just Black citizens. You are a piece of work, and the next time by chance I see you in Uniontown, I don't care where we are, I will call you out for the racist that you are.
P. S. By the way,you aren't as well-to-do, nor are you this "BIG" tax paying tycoon that you are pretending to be.
Maybe you are right.Maybe I became disgruntled after realizing all the BULL that goes on in Uniontown and the stupidity and sorriness of most blacks. If you don't see any harm with the things that go on in Uniontown, it is because you are in the same boat with these idiots.
TRUTH

Tallassee, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Listener wrote:
Truth from Gallion/Demopolis....I know who you are. Your continued adverse and racist comments attests to you being a bitter and disgruntled person. You made "further more" comments even when no one responded to you. You surely should check yourself!!! You are not as intelligent for which you attempt to give your self credit. You are a disgrace to your community for your dispicable and judgemental comments, and for your specific reference to Blacks and Black Men. Uniontown has more than just Black citizens. You are a piece of work, and the next time by chance I see you in Uniontown, I don't care where we are, I will call you out for the racist that you are.
P. S. By the way,you aren't as well-to-do, nor are you this "BIG" tax paying tycoon that you are pretending to be.
Telling the truth is not racist. That excuse has been used for far too long rather than accepting the truth about mentally and morally inferior blacks.
Dw_staybk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Don't Come to Uniontown, Ala. Please it is really a bad place to retire or to have a family
UTTiger

Saraland, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

If you even have to ask about retiring to Uniontown then you have never been there. I grew up there. No way I'd ever move back to retire or otherwise.

The town has been trashed and is nothing but a danger.
sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Walter S wrote:
Am thinking of retiring from the big city and relocating to a small town. I see large old homes listed for sale in Uniontown at very attractive prices. Is Uniontown a good place to retire to?
I grew up in Perry County, but have lived in other areas, States and Countries so I have some perspective. There is NO WAY you want to retire in Uniontown, Perry County or the entire Black Belt area of Alabama. There is a reason these places look as they do. Its best not to even drive through the area--whatever infects it could be contagious.
the other truth

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

You also can't go through Uniontown during the Foot Washing, you might get shot.
BIGDOG

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

F--K YALL WHO TALKIN ABOUT UNIONTOWN
Wow

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Even though these posts are old I have to agree with everyones opinion because wr all experience things differently. Im from there and I loved my childhood. Good place to raise children because of the safety. I live in the city and my kids barely go outside but they look forward to visiting there to be able to play outside. But as you get older, you realize that if you really want a career or more options in life then you need to relocate. As far government handouts its true but can you blame them when very few jobs its called survival. It will never progress when mostly every property is privately owned and placed as a historical site. Many people have left because the town has been the same. Old buildings being reused over and over again. Its one big community but alot of jealousy and hate for no reason at all probably because lack there of and boredom. Its nothing like it usef to be. Maybe the ages make the difference because children and old ppl seem to emjoy but the between ages have no options but to party or fight in my opinion. But it is what is and maybe one day they will see that it start with the people that stays there to improve before any outsider come to help
Bama Roots

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

diane wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from the north and to hear you talk, none of you are intellegent from my stand point. Not one of you can talk about any one or another race. You all sound pretty dam supid.
OMG!!! I so agree with you on that one. My grandmother is from Perry County, Uniontown, AL. She was the most intelligent person I knew. She left there at 14 to pursue an education and better opportunities. I am afraid to say had she stayed there, she may have not been as successful a person as she turned out to be. My grandmother educated herself and made sure that all of her children and grandchildren where educated as well. Had she not come from there, she may not have had the drive to leave and do better. So with that being said...THANK YOU UNIONTOWN, ALABAMA for being so racist and down trodden that my grandmother left there and made a better life for our family. She came from nothing...a 2 room house that was no bigger than my living room. She was the oldest of 7 children. She had to walk several miles just to go to school but she did it. She experienced big time racism because she was very light skinned with red hair. Not accepted by blacks or whites. She was 'tainted' and you know why. I am proud of who she was and where she came from. Honestly had she not had it so rough, she may still be there and so would I. THANK GOD FOR IGNORANT PEOPLE both BLACK and WHITE!!!!
Jim Morrison

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

danny _b wrote:
uniontown is the best i n alabama
Have you been anywhere else?
Jim Morrison

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

I lived there once and not again!
sunshine

Pelham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Apr 4

Is it ok for whites to visit the town for it's history?
Not the Truth but close

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Apr 7

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably live in Uniontown, Al.by your comments. Let's face the truth. You can't help someone until they admit they have a problem. The only route out of poverty is to educate yourself or acquire a skill so that you can demand more for your services.Many Uniontown residents are third and fourth generation welfare recipients. How do you explain that? The answer is a simple one. Uniontown residents don't care about their quality of life, what they wear, what kind of house they live in, or the car they drive as long as they can receive a check and other social program benefits and not have to get their sorry a___ s out of bed to go to a job every morning.
Another sad truth about many Uniontown, Al. residents regardless of how hard it is for you to swallow is that quite simply they don't have the intelligence to improve themselves and their lives. All one has to do to prove this is walk down mainstreet Uniontown, Al. and witness the stupidity of these people and many of them that have Neanderthal features.
Also, go into Piggly Wiggly on the first of the month. You can clearly determine the welfare and foodstamp recipients from the working people by watching their shopping habits. The welfare mother and children will have what I call a "grocery train" pushing and pulling two, three, or sometimes four grocery carts filled to overflowing while the working person will have usually a fraction of what the welfare recipient purchases because after all, the welfare recipient is spending what the government has taken from the working person.
Your logic is flawed when you ask why people such as myself don't help places such as Uniontown,Al. I have tried to help many young blacks over the years but have in the end regretted my attempt because every time I have tried to give a young black man a chance, I get ripped off. It is very discouring when you try to help someone and you are repeatedly decieved.

Wow! I don't live in Uniontown but I could by all the "buzz" words know that mostly Blacks live there. I'm quite sure the Truth is relating what he or she feels is factual but as I read on, it seems to me that a great deal of those facts has some kind of racism involved. I'm African-American, proud to say and pretty educated, I'm not on welfare and I attend school full-time. I agree with Truth on some things but if I didn't feel racism had a lot to do with some of the comments I would agree much more hardily. I feel that Truth needs to look in his own back yard when their talking about who's educated or not, or who looks like a "Neanderthal," Truth, in their haste, spelled some words incorrectly (deceived, not decieved, and discouraging not discouring). Maybe it was accidental, but you don't seem to be as smart as you think you are, like most Whites.
Not the Truth but close

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Apr 7

These comments are very old I realize that, but the ignorant and very dangerous way in which one commenter in particular (Truth), expels his rampage of so called Truths, on the people of this town is despicable. It's now 2014 and the Truths' comments from 2008 still resonate today louder than ever. Just like with the holocaust, which was a horrible thing brought on by ignorance and superiority, so was slavery. To say that just because you had some tribes in Africa who enslaved other Africans as a part of their culture, didn't give the Europeans the right to go over there and exploit what had been going on in many parts of Africa, Europe and Asia, since the beginning of time. Here it is 2014 and we have had a African-AMERICAN president for 2 terms, and I have never seen such disrespect of a standing president ever! Not even scary, stupid, lying, Bush Jr. was criticized like President Obama, the republicans has some of the American people, right where they want them, and in 2016 I wouldn't be surprised to see a republican in office once again, because of the short memory that white people seem to have when it comes to their own. Bush and his cronies brought this country to it's knee's, people were afraid to spend, losing their homes, lost jobs that they had worked for years, while the rich got richer. The republicans will continue to put blacks, against whites and vise versa as long their getting richer and we're getting poorer. America needs to wake-up and stop living in a dream world ALL OF AMERICA, and stop playing each other while the rich laugh at us as they sip on their champagne on their yacht off the coast of Florida. Think about it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 114 of114
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Safford Discussions

Search the Safford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jan '14 WnL 699
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov '13 Close Distance 79
AL Who do you support for Attorney General in Alab... (Oct '10) Nov '13 thetruth 115
AL Who do you support for Public Service Commissio... (Oct '10) May '13 Marita Owen 8
AL Recent tornado outbreak in South may set new re... (Apr '11) Nov '12 PatrickPatrick 394
AL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Al... (Oct '10) May '12 leeward lolo 18
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec '10 Give Me a Break 28
•••
•••
•••
Safford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Safford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Safford People Search