Drug Testing Lab in Florida Says New Rule Requiring Patient Drug...

Oct 5, 2010 Full story: I-Newswire.com 39

Avee Laboratories establishes information hotline to educate physicians and patients about October 1st changes to Florida's pain clinic laws and to explain new standards of practice for pain management physicians.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MarcoPolo

Palatka, FL

#1 Oct 6, 2010
BS
These guys are just happy they will be getting rich!
Most of those that sell them also take them and anybody could take a few for a couple of days before going for the piss test.
Stupid Law
JamsNclams

Cohasset, MA

#2 Oct 7, 2010
now everyone's just gonna goto heroin now that oxys are gunna be mad expensive and rare. WEAKSAUCE
oci

Nutley, NJ

#3 Oct 7, 2010
agreed i know over 10 ppl who made switch over and theres looking bad its not good
tampapain

New Milford, CT

#4 Oct 7, 2010
The pill mill buisness is over but the legit pain managemnt buisness in Florida is still huge.Sure I know that companies are getting rich off of me but it's worth it to me.Knowing that I have pain relief in a bottle in my nightstand helps me sleep at night.
Jim

Holly Springs, NC

#5 Oct 8, 2010
The people that really need pain mangement, get screwed. Because of some Dead beats that sell there meds. Dr's piss test the crap out of your patient's
tommy

Houston, TX

#6 Oct 9, 2010
Frankly, I don't see how any of these new laws, maybe excepting the 72hr law, are going to make any real difference. The Pill Mills will still be around and nothing will change. Every clinic I know of down here(yes, IP addy is wrong-I do live here) already drug tests so how is this law going to stop the pill mills? Seriously? What's the difference?
Jaxon

Spring Hill, FL

#7 Dec 20, 2010
Are they just testing to see if you are taking your oxycodone OR to see if you are taking other drugs too?

Thanks!

Since: Dec 10

Fayetteville, NC

#8 Dec 29, 2010
To see if you ARE taking your presribed meds and as prescribed, as well as other meds/drugs. Here in NC. it is about impossible to stay in a pain management clinic due to all the crazy laws and standards by which the medical firms are forced to throw upon patients. Being in chronic pain has become a pain in itself because of all the BS I have to go thru to get help. Now I am back to the beginning all over again because of crap SAID about me and the pain clinic catching wind of it. Dismissed again... Start all over... Anyone know of a clinic where I can get help?

Since: Jun 10

Loudon, TN

#9 Dec 29, 2010
Spyder1961 wrote:
To see if you ARE taking your presribed meds and as prescribed, as well as other meds/drugs. Here in NC. it is about impossible to stay in a pain management clinic due to all the crazy laws and standards by which the medical firms are forced to throw upon patients. Being in chronic pain has become a pain in itself because of all the BS I have to go thru to get help. Now I am back to the beginning all over again because of crap SAID about me and the pain clinic catching wind of it. Dismissed again... Start all over... Anyone know of a clinic where I can get help?
yea SPYDER my pain center was just closed ten days ago ,maryville pain center,they whear talking of haveing a new place up and running very soon, when i get the call from them i will post it,we had over 2,500 people that have that this has effected them ,with out eney help.and all the other painclinic ,are refuseing eney one new ,that has a up to date mri and records,my last UA was with a Q tip thing that turned blue when it was done with your spit,no more piss tests its ,,a new dna spit test that shows you levels of pills in your system,i talked to the nurse when the DEA was takeing out all the office files,and she is going to get a new office as soon as possable,this dea crack down is effecting everyone,i know what you are trying to cope with,

Fayetteville, NC

#10 Dec 29, 2010
Hey, thanks alot for the info. I appreciate your understanding my predicament too. Sorry to hear about your clinic. Folks are going thru alot nowadays with all the BS with DEA. Hurts us that are pain ridden. 2500 people... Thats gotta hurt.
I have all my records and MRI's as well. Where in Tenn are you? I am about 5hrs from the Tenn/NC boarder but distance isn't a problem for me when it comes to pain management. Sick of this state... Gotta get my ducks in a row for the future as well... Got some things going on that I will have to take care of soon... Right now I must get MYSELF taken care of. So the ride would do me good, I hope. Let me know what town/city I would have to drive to and I would be appreciative.
Thanks alot...
Spyder

Fayetteville, NC

#11 Dec 29, 2010
Just found it on the map... Not far at all. It would be a nice ride for me and my driver. Cool...
You are right there by Knoxville. So, maybe you could email me when the new clinic is about to open and that way I could go ahead and get my name in and all my records. My email is: spydertattoos2@gmail.com
Thanks again...
Spyder
Ho Lee Schitt

Pennington, NJ

#13 Dec 30, 2010
The cowards and sociopaths of the dea could care less about those in pain. For them it's all about publicity and funding. They are a rogue agency that should have been shut down years ago!
wwelvis

Kingston, TN

#14 Dec 30, 2010
I know you need your meds NOW,but still no news as of today ,i know they whear takeing people from out of state.all the other pain centers have a 5 month wateing list,as soon as i find out whear and when i will post it.dont count on me because of the paranod,effects from this dea crack down ,but my nurse is a fighter ,and also suffers from chronic pain.its finding the right doctor,with the dea license,take care
pissed

Boynton Beach, FL

#15 Dec 30, 2010
Ho Lee Schitt wrote:
The cowards and sociopaths of the dea could care less about those in pain. For them it's all about publicity and funding. They are a rogue agency that should have been shut down years ago!
amen

Fayetteville, NC

#16 Dec 30, 2010
Thanks, wwelvis. I hope to be able to ride thataway before too long. I am making out ok at the moment best way I can. I need to check in with the local hospital and see if I am ready for my surgery concerning my broken neck. C-1 was shattered when I hit a tree at 50mph this last April. Doctors said I was a miracle due to not being paralized from the neck down. Also, a shattered and dislocated rt shoulder needs surgery. Lower back, L-5, was broken in '06. Doctors said ANY attempt at surgery would result in a 96.5 percent paralization. So, THATS out. But I'm hanging on! Thanks for your input.
Spyder

Fayetteville, NC

#17 Dec 30, 2010
Ho Lee Schitt wrote:
I agree, Ho Lee. Those that have no idea of the degree of pain some of us must live with each day do not understand nor can they. Thus, the anomosity toward those of us who do. Thanks for your unput...
Spyder

Since: Nov 10

Dallas, TX

#18 Dec 30, 2010
i dont understand if you go to a doc than chances are you take your meds.how does this change anything?oh yea fukc the dea. didnt obama pass a law saying feds cant touch state laws. i know it counts with cali and the marijuana/laws it should count with florida and are meds.

Bastrop, TX

#19 Dec 30, 2010
So if they care so much about preventing overdoses,than why is that they refuse to help me,just because I'm a pot smoker. They just want to get you hooked on their dangerous opiates and put anyone who doesn't want to take their pills everyday, out on the street. Sometimes people may not need to take a pill that day,because the pain may not be that bad, or sometimes people may finish their pills early. Either way,if this happens,then you will be labeled as someone who is selling their pills,and be red flagged.They just want to have the consumer by the balls and goosestepping to their tune.
methprevention

Oroville, CA

#20 Dec 31, 2010
This is a great idea, this would keep addicts from lying to doctors to get their fix.

Bastrop, TX

#22 Dec 31, 2010
QUOTE who=This is a great idea, this would keep addicts from lying to doctors to get their fix. See how this works,whether you're someone that,s only prescribed one pill a day, or one of these people that goes doctor shopping and get's hundreds of pills,you,re labeled as an addict that needs a fix. I have no problem with going after people that try and get way too many pills. What I hate,is, just because there will always be people that will abuse the system,anyone who takes opiate pain killers,is labeled as a low life addict that needs a fix. Anybody that takes opiates for more than a short period of time, becomes addicted to these type of pain killers. Many people with chronic pain,find that these painkillers help them to have a better quality of life. Having to live with pain,is bad enough,so why make people feel worst by judging them and calling everyone of them, addicts that needs a fix. With this type of government oversight,you are required to take your medicine everyday,whether you need it our not.You also cannot run out too early, when your pain becomes worst, as is what happens to anyone that's human. I believe that it would better to let these people that abuse the system,to go ahead and kill themselves by overdosing,than to punish the thousands of people who only have one doctor and one prescription. I say, keep the government out of our doctors office,and let them do the job that they were trained to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safety Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for some help with a connect. 3 hr loyal2foil 1
Hookup in Clearwater 3 hr loyal2foil 2
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 3 hr VET 2,499
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 5 hr heros 2,974
Scientology: The truth rundown & David Miscavige (Jun '09) 6 hr Waco 12
clearwater help finding some cool people with h... (Sep '13) Fri Adtr2889 7
New hotel under construction at old Adam's Mark... (Feb '14) Sep 18 Cory Trevor 2
•••
•••
Safety Harbor Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Safety Harbor Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Safety Harbor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE