Florida finds middle ground on flag t...

Florida finds middle ground on flag tribute -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 1 comment on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 19, 2007, titled Florida finds middle ground on flag tribute -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Michael Rossi swelled with pride last week as he saw Old Glory flying at half-staff in his town of Safety Harbor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Ronda Helms

#1 Jul 22, 2007
First, I would like to say to Army Pfc. Jonathan Rossi's family that my family thanks you for the wonderful Son that you raised. To defend the freedom of myself and my family without even knowing who we were. I have two boys and I pray that they will grow up with the great values and great pride that your precious Son had. THANK YOU!!!!!!!.

With all our love and prayers may your young man watch over you and your family as he did for mine.

The Helms Family

Now in response to Ms. Doody's comment:

Get over yourself, the flags fly in honor of our Soldiers is more important than your selfish thinking. When these families look up and see that flag flying in the wind in honor of their Soldier, it doesn't matter how many times its already been done or how many more times it will be done because at that very moment, when his/her family sees the RED, WHITE and BLUE, flying for their loved one they know their Hero was and is a Hero to us all and that FLAG is a symbol of what their Soldier(s) believed in and fought for.

If the flags shouldn't be lowered to half staff after a Soldier killed while protecting this flag, then when and for whom? That flag being lowered in honor of these brave Soldiers and their families is all that matters, they are the ones that are hurting and suffering and this American Flag represents the sacrafices these soldiers and their families have made. If it wasn't for the sacrafice that Army Pfc. Jonathan Rossi's Family and Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Robert McRill's Family we wouldn't have the freedom we have today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safety Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
when is the cara ryan murder trial Nov 19 Gary Beard 1
Prescriptions for pain medicine (May '14) Nov 18 justhelp 5
gossip can cause big problems (Mar '13) Nov 17 jay 5
Sutherland Crossing (Apr '14) Nov 12 Robin 6
Review: North American Maintenance Company Inc Aug '15 Betterhones 1
News Authorities target kratom as herbal supplement ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Preacher for profit: Followers say they were de... (May '08) Aug '14 Observer of this ... 92
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Safety Harbor Mortgages