Florida finds middle ground on flag tribute -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Full story: Orlando Sentinel
Michael Rossi swelled with pride last week as he saw Old Glory flying at half-staff in his town of Safety Harbor. Full Story
Ronda Helms

AOL

#1 Jul 22, 2007
First, I would like to say to Army Pfc. Jonathan Rossi's family that my family thanks you for the wonderful Son that you raised. To defend the freedom of myself and my family without even knowing who we were. I have two boys and I pray that they will grow up with the great values and great pride that your precious Son had. THANK YOU!!!!!!!.

With all our love and prayers may your young man watch over you and your family as he did for mine.

The Helms Family

Now in response to Ms. Doody's comment:

Get over yourself, the flags fly in honor of our Soldiers is more important than your selfish thinking. When these families look up and see that flag flying in the wind in honor of their Soldier, it doesn't matter how many times its already been done or how many more times it will be done because at that very moment, when his/her family sees the RED, WHITE and BLUE, flying for their loved one they know their Hero was and is a Hero to us all and that FLAG is a symbol of what their Soldier(s) believed in and fought for.

If the flags shouldn't be lowered to half staff after a Soldier killed while protecting this flag, then when and for whom? That flag being lowered in honor of these brave Soldiers and their families is all that matters, they are the ones that are hurting and suffering and this American Flag represents the sacrafices these soldiers and their families have made. If it wasn't for the sacrafice that Army Pfc. Jonathan Rossi's Family and Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Robert McRill's Family we wouldn't have the freedom we have today.

GOD BLESS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safety Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
curios bystander 14 hr heidi 1
gossip can cause big problems (Mar '13) Mar 4 mylissa 4
Review: C J Patti Roofing & Building (Sep '09) Mar 3 egohme 16
New hotel under construction at old Adam's Mark... (Feb '14) Mar 2 Lost souls 4
Largo hosts community conversations Mar 1 New snowbird 2
Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) Feb 28 hornback12 1,198
Company to rent from? Contract buying? Feb 28 Needing advice 1
Safety Harbor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Safety Harbor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:02 pm PST

CBS Sports 3:02PM
Maurice Jones-Drew announces retirement: 5 things to know