Since: May 14

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Looking for some opinions from the locals as most of the forums I've come across are very outdated. My fiance and I are looking to move to the Tampa Bay Area shortly, and are looking for a place to call home. We are in our 30's, fun loving, laid back. He is a small business owner, I work in the administration/office field so we want to be in an area that would fit our needs.

I of course have been referred to Ft. Lauderdale over and over, but from what I've heard it's gotten very overpriced and crowded. We currently live in the suburbs of Chicago (about 30 min outside the big city) and that's kind of what we're looking for - Close everything, but not packed with crime. We want a place to feel safe coming home to, especially building a life together. We enjoy fishing and watersports, so anything by the water would be ideal (which from what I hear is the safest areas anyway). We like going out to local bars, shooting pool, going to concerts/fests, ect.

We've been suggested Gulfport, but I've found a lot of affordable, close to water rentals in Largo as well. Being from out of state though, I'd love to hear everyone else's opinion.

Thanks!
stay out sam

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

want move to Pinellas county ok , no jobs , terrible traffic , the county is poorly run the town of largo a joke , biggest business is by the police lock um up for a parking tickets and the smallest of crimes , draconian regulations on everything cant use water there carries a jail term when watering the lawn , biggest source of income beside tourists is the Pinellas cops and code inforcement . place backed with crime , lived there 20 years , don't do anything wrong Florida and Pinellas county zero tolerance for everything I tell the truth , there court house has six floors and the jails and prisons one of the largest in the country , big income for the county , taxes and houses real high , cost of living very high , lots of people on food stamps , the bottom fell out in 2008, aint no joke its real , hillsbough and tampa the same , think long and hard before you come there , tranical , draconian rule is governed . Good luck , hope you like beaches that all florida got !!
love it

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

well, i just moved back from California to place which i love, Oldsmar. It is 25 min from my work in Tampa, 15 min to honeymood island, rent is half what i pay in California with nice view on lake in front of our condo. Elementary school for my kid is better as the one what i got in California, prices for everything are cheaper. And jobs, yeah, there is more than it was when we left three years ago. I love Florida and thats the part what keeping me here. I dont like big towns and city rush.
Good luck to you guys with moving

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Safety Harbor Discussions

Search the Safety Harbor Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 59 min Lunny Tunes 2,385
KKK in the Florida police. 8 hr Wyatt 2
VOTE BLUE in November. We need your votes. 8 hr Wyatt 6
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 22 hr nina roth 2,063
United Travel Schools (Jan '06) Tue lkts729 88
Good Humor Breyers/Unilever (May '09) Mon Lupy 27
Review: Clear Harbor Apartments (Aug '09) Jul 19 Apartment hunter 94
•••
•••
•••
•••

Safety Harbor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••