Popular East Lake teacher forced to r...

Popular East Lake teacher forced to retire

There are 2 comments on the St. Petersburg Times story from Mar 24, 2008, titled Popular East Lake teacher forced to retire. In it, St. Petersburg Times reports that:

“When you see a 56-year-old break down in front of a group of 15-year-olds, that's pretty scary to them”

By THERESA BLACKWELL, Times Staff Writer Published Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:54 PM East Lake High School history teacher Bob O'Donnell's request for an extension in the state's Deferred Retirement Option ... via St. Petersburg Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Petersburg Times.

TERRY QUESSENBERRY

Spring Hill, FL

#1 Aug 22, 2008
I have known and Bob for several years. He is an outstanding educator in all respects. How the school board can extend a driver Ed. teacher on the drop program and not someone like Bob is beyond my comprehension. What is more important drivers ed. or someone who teaches honor classes and AP European classes and is most influential in lives of his students. As a fellow department chairman (retired) I simply shake my head and ask what wrong with this picture.

“let's go to the beach!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 18, 2013
So sad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safety Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knock offs at Wagon Wheel Flea Market (Apr '10) 11 hr Ziva D 21
Onyums (Nov '14) Thu anonymous 69
Scientology Cult Jan 18 Pysoscientology 1
when is the cara ryan murder trial (Nov '15) Jan 17 Bsdetector30302 6
Harbor Bluffs Music Thread (Apr '16) Jan 7 Musikologist 4
News Clearwater police officer arrested in domestic ... (Jun '06) Jan 7 Ashamed 5
Clearwater Police Nazi Troops for Scientology (Nov '13) Jan 4 The Peoples Media 24

Safety Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Safety Harbor Mortgages