Preacher for profit: Followers say th...

Preacher for profit: Followers say they were deceived by S. Flo...

There are 92 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 11, 2008, titled Preacher for profit: Followers say they were deceived by S. Flo.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

T o a chorus of "Amens" and "Thank You, Jesus," the Rev. Daniel S. Mundell tells followers God will free them of debt, even make them millionaires.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ed G

United States

#1 May 11, 2008
Can't help but snicker at this article......pointing out the obvious, isn't it STRANGE that people who believe in myths and superstitions and fairy tales are ALWAYS suckered out of their money?

It's just too easy........
angel

AOL

#2 May 11, 2008
Ed G wrote:
Can't help but snicker at this article......pointing out the obvious, isn't it STRANGE that people who believe in myths and superstitions and fairy tales are ALWAYS suckered out of their money?
It's just too easy........
this guy has a lot of balls, he has returned because he knows that he left some suckers with their money.
Velma

AOL

#3 May 11, 2008
Throw him in prison for 45 years like they tried to do with Jim Bakker!
Enough

Key West, FL

#4 May 11, 2008
I visited his Solid Rock Church many years ago. I felt Rev. Mundell was using his African-American wife to exploit folks in the name of God. Remember faith is built on the solid rock of God, not man. Study your bible for yourself. Commune with church organizations that truly work for the body of Christ. We must remove the scales from our eyes.

My heart goes out to those who were swindled. Just know that your money went to God. "All things work for the good of those who love the Lord." You shall and have prospered through Christ.
Jesse H Christ

United States

#5 May 11, 2008
My heart goes out to those who were swindled. Just know that your money went to God. "All things work for the good of those who love the Lord." You shall and have prospered through Christ.

My heart DOES NOT go out to those who were swindled, Thats what you get for being a kooky born again..just remember..Pt barnum once said "There's a born again sucker every minute". just remember that.
JimBo

Miami, FL

#6 May 12, 2008
This stuff is more widespread than you think. This is one time I think that government regulation is necessary. These guys are building up massive wealth and empires with people's hard earned money and have no oversight and no one to give account to.
Tom

Miami, FL

#7 May 12, 2008
If I made ridiculous claims to get a vacuum cleaner sold and it didn't live up to expectations I would probably be thrown in jail. And here these preachers ask for people's hard earned money and promising all kinds of miracles in return yet they walk free and are allowed to scam people over and over again. This is just wrong.
ChiChi

Miami, FL

#8 May 12, 2008
Velma wrote:
Throw him in prison for 45 years like they tried to do with Jim Bakker!
Senator Grassley from Iowa is already investigating some of the bigger names such as Randy and Paula White and Benny Hinn. At a time when the world has lost almost 40,000 people to natural disasters, these guys have no problem conning the low and middle class to finance their lavish lifestyle.
Steve

Miami, FL

#10 May 12, 2008
ChiChi wrote:
<quoted text>
Senator Grassley from Iowa is already investigating some of the bigger names such as Randy and Paula White and Benny Hinn. At a time when the world has lost almost 40,000 people to natural disasters, these guys have no problem conning the low and middle class to finance their lavish lifestyle.
Hey chichi, if people think they're getting conned then they should stop giving these clowns their money. The problem is people like you that keep on giving and keep on complaining. If you would like to help the people in Mynammar then shut up and send your money there. You are part of the problem.
ALICE SIMMONS

AOL

#11 May 12, 2008
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned !!!

No one is angrier than a woman who has been rejected in love

wake up..... READ BETWEEN THE LINES....WOMAN ON HIS SIDE FOR 20 YRS.... AND WHAT SHE DIDNT WANT ANY OF THE "RICHES" THE HOUSE, THE TRIPS, CARS ..PLEASE AND DIDNT DO ANY OF THE SHOPPING...PLEASE I KNOW HER FIRST HAND AND ALL SHE DID WAS SNUB HER NOSE, BRAG OF CLOTHES AND RIDICULE AND PUT DOWN PEOPLE... OH BUT IN THE NAME OF CHRIST. PLEASE ..HER HUSBAND WAS GOD SENT THAT RAN INTO A 20 YR BOUT WITH SATAN....... JEZABEL... TRYING TO BRING HIM DOWN BEING THAT SHE IS WITHOUT HER MONEY AND HOUSE... WHY ELSE THE PICTURE OF HER PEARING IN THE WINDOWS OF LOST HOME.... ASK OTHERS INCLUDING ME....TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY....... I'VE STUDIED UNDER HIS TEACHINGS, PREACHINGS AND BEEN BROUGHT CLOSER TO GOD IN FAITH, WALK AND TALK....ALL SHE DID WAS DRAG DOWN ANY ATTENTION NOT PAID TO HER, A NOOSE AROUND A KNECK... PRAYFULLY GOD WILL SEE HIM THROUGH HIS MINISTRY WILL FLOURISH... AND THE WORD OF GOD WILL KEEP ON STRONG...SATAN IS A LIAR.......... HOW MANY MINISTERS GO UNDER THE SCOPE FOR WHAT WORKING HARD AND SUCCEEDING.... WAKE UP YOU WORK THE HOURS YOU DESERVE THE PAY...THIS IS FROM ONE THAT GAVE THOUSANDS TO SOLID ROCK..AND GLAD I DID I WAS BLESSED ...FOR I DID IT FOR GODS WORD TO GET OUT...AND IT DID.......BLESSINGS REV..KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOUR DOING GETTING THE GOSPEL OUT GOD WILL DO THE WEEDING.......
Mitch

United States

#12 May 12, 2008
Steve is right, if itiots stop giving their money away to these con-artists than they will have to go away. Any idiot who gives their money away like that deserves to live under a bridge begging for a meal. Oh, and Alice you are also dumber than a box of rocks.
ALICE SIMMONS

AOL

#13 May 12, 2008
YEA... SMART COMMENT MITCH OF SOMEONE YOU DONT KNOW AND ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT...ENOUGH SAID YOUR COMMENT SPEAKS ENOUGH ABOUT YOU ....
Shane and Elsa

Miami, FL

#14 May 12, 2008
We know Rev. Mundell to be a good and descent fella with a big heart. He teaches the word of God with no appologies. All who live godly will suffer persecution. I have no problem with any thing he has said to me or my wife. We welcome any person to come to one of the meetings in Hallendale Beach Blvd. New Generations Ministries is located 3/4 of a mile east of I-95 on the left side. Come see for your self. All are welcome!
Mitch

Miami, FL

#15 May 13, 2008
ALICE SIMMONS wrote:
YEA... SMART COMMENT MITCH OF SOMEONE YOU DONT KNOW AND ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT...ENOUGH SAID YOUR COMMENT SPEAKS ENOUGH ABOUT YOU ....
What I do know is that it's wrong to lie to people. The thing about people like you is that because you think you have something to say then everyone else should listen, any professional other than a preacher would have gotten his butt thrown in jail, so turn off your CAPS LOCK and go back to the hole you crawled out of.
ALICE SIMMONS

AOL

#16 May 13, 2008
YEA MITCH...CAUSE THE JAILS AND PRISONS ARE FULL OF LIARS.... AND THE ROOFERS, CONTRACTORS, AND GC THAT WALK OUT THERE AND RIPPED PEOPLE OFF FROM EVERYDAY BUSINESS AND HURRICANE RIP OFFS ARE ALL IN JAIL. ALL THE LYING PROFESSIONALS THATS RIGHT THATS RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE MITCH...GROW UP! YOUR THIRD GRADE TACTICS OF SAYING YOUR PIECE STOMPING YOUR FEET AND THEN CALLING NAMES AT THE ONES YOU JUST DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO JUST DOESNT GET IT AFTER AGE 6....I KNOW THE MAN I KNOW THE ESTRANGED WIFE I KNOW THE CHILD,I KNOW ABOUT THE SITUATION AND PEOPLE LIKE ME? I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY AND PEOPLE SHOULD LISTEN?..NO MITCH ITS A COMMENT POST FORUM YOUR ON...TAKE ALL OF IT AS YOU WANT LISTEN OR NOT AGREE OR NOT...WHAT IS IT THAT TELLS YOU WHO AND WHAT I'M ABOUT? MY CAPS? LOL .... THANKS FOR THE LAUGH ENJOYED IT..
ALICE SIMMONS

AOL

#17 May 13, 2008
Shane and Elsa wrote:
We know Rev. Mundell to be a good and descent fella with a big heart. He teaches the word of God with no appologies. Generations Ministries is located 3/4 of a mile east of I-95 on the left side. Come see for your self. All are welcome!
AMEN!!!....GREAT WILL BE THERE BEEN LOOKING WHERE HE WAS MYSELF AND A FEW FREINDS THAT ALSO WERE PART OF HIS CONGREGATION LONG AGO UNDER SOLID ROCK MINISTRIES....GLAD HES BACK IN TOWN...CANT WAIT TO HEAR HIM AGAIN...HES ALWAYS SUCH AN EXHORTER...THANKS FOR THE POST
Mitch

Miami, FL

#18 May 13, 2008
ALICE SIMMONS wrote:
YEA MITCH...CAUSE THE JAILS AND PRISONS ARE FULL OF LIARS.... AND THE ROOFERS, CONTRACTORS, AND GC THAT WALK OUT THERE AND RIPPED PEOPLE OFF FROM EVERYDAY BUSINESS AND HURRICANE RIP OFFS ARE ALL IN JAIL. ALL THE LYING PROFESSIONALS THATS RIGHT THATS RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE MITCH...GROW UP! YOUR THIRD GRADE
TACTICS OF SAYING YOUR PIECE STOMPING YOUR FEET AND THEN CALLING NAMES AT THE ONES YOU JUST DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO JUST DOESNT GET IT AFTER AGE 6....I KNOW THE MAN I KNOW THE ESTRANGED WIFE I KNOW THE CHILD,I KNOW ABOUT THE SITUATION AND PEOPLE LIKE ME? I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY AND PEOPLE SHOULD LISTEN?..NO MITCH ITS A COMMENT POST FORUM YOUR ON...TAKE ALL OF IT AS YOU WANT LISTEN OR NOT AGREE OR NOT...WHAT IS IT THAT TELLS YOU WHO AND WHAT I'M ABOUT? MY CAPS? LOL .... THANKS FOR THE LAUGH ENJOYED IT..
Hey genius, the last time I checked. This column ain't about roofers and contractors, its about lying preachers and your Rev. Mundell ain't the only one. Nice job diverting the attention to someone else. I didn't understand the reference though, if you are trying to associate him with the roofers and contractors or not. But then again I only had a 3rd grade education. Oh, and yes, if he did the crime he will do the time. When Senator grassley is done with Benny Hinn and the rest of them maybe he will want to talk to you Mrs. Alice Simmons.

“oh great ruler of the universe”

Since: May 08

everywhere usa

#19 May 13, 2008
I HOPE SO CAUSE I KNOW I CAN SHINE ALOT OF LIGHT ON THE TOPIC AND WHERE AND WHO THE QUILTY ONE REALLY IS. YOU SEE IN THE READINGS THAT NOTHING WAS PAST UNLESS THE BOARD PASSED IT..WELL THE BOARD WAS THE ESTRANGED WIFE AND HER DAUGHTER THEY ARE THE TWO THAT HANDED THE BOARD RULINGS. ONCE AGAIN I JUST HOPE THEY WANT TO TALK TO ME. AND MY REFERRAL ABOUT THE ROOFERS AND GC. WAS THAT IF ALL THE CROOKED PEOPLE ARE IN JAIL WAS RESPONSE TO YOU STATING any professional other than a preacher would have gotten his butt thrown in jail, NOT SO NOT SO.... HAVE A GREAT DAY MITCH ITS GOOD TALKING WITH YOU ...REALLY YOUR A THINKER...THATS A GOOD THING ...KEEP IT UP ...
Mitch

Miami, FL

#20 May 13, 2008
ALICE SIMMONS wrote:
I HOPE SO CAUSE I KNOW I CAN SHINE ALOT OF LIGHT ON THE TOPIC AND WHERE AND WHO THE QUILTY ONE REALLY IS. YOU SEE IN THE READINGS THAT NOTHING WAS PAST UNLESS THE BOARD PASSED IT..WELL THE BOARD WAS THE ESTRANGED WIFE AND HER DAUGHTER THEY ARE THE TWO THAT HANDED THE BOARD RULINGS. ONCE AGAIN I JUST HOPE THEY WANT TO TALK TO ME. AND MY REFERRAL ABOUT THE ROOFERS AND GC. WAS THAT IF ALL THE CROOKED PEOPLE ARE IN JAIL WAS RESPONSE TO YOU STATING any professional other than a preacher would have gotten his butt thrown in jail, NOT SO NOT SO.... HAVE A GREAT DAY MITCH ITS GOOD TALKING WITH YOU ...REALLY YOUR A THINKER...THATS A GOOD THING ...KEEP IT UP ...
\

Glad you think a 3rd grade education is a thinker, what is "QUILTY"
JimBo

Miami, FL

#21 May 13, 2008
Shane and Elsa wrote:
We know Rev. Mundell to be a good and descent fella with a big heart. He teaches the word of God with no appologies. All who live godly will suffer persecution. I have no problem with any thing he has said to me or my wife. We welcome any person to come to one of the meetings in Hallendale Beach Blvd.
New Generations Ministries is located 3/4 of a mile east of I-95 on the left side. Come see for your self. All are welcome!
No Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Safety Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local & State News - Tampa Bay's 10 - tampabays... (May '07) Tue LSG-hoodrat 7
News Urban Survival Gear LLC Launches Based On Lates... Aug 28 David 1
Areas to avoid in Clearwater (Jul '10) Aug 28 Mike 69
Does anyone know what happened to Ron Henry Mor... (May '14) Aug 28 Frank Gannucci 4
Review: Clearwater Bankruptcy Aug 27 Lourdes456 1
Review: 10 Minute Locksmith (Oct '14) Aug 24 Raylin Sutter 4
Review: North American Maintenance Company Inc Aug '15 Betterhones 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Safety Harbor Mortgages