Help wih finding Saco family in VT ca...

Help wih finding Saco family in VT car accident

Posted in the Saco Forum

Rebecca

Somerville, MA

#1 Dec 17, 2008
I am asking for your help in finding a family from Saco, Maine:
On November 30th, 2008 my partner and I were driving Southbound on an icy I- 89 near White River Junction, VT when we came across an accident scene involving a rolled over SUV that was upside-down and off the road. When we approached the accident scene, I immediately pulled over to help.
Inside the vehicle was a family – a father, mother, and their infant daughter – who had been driving home to Saco, ME from a Thanksgiving in VT.
Thankfully, all three passengers had been wearing safety restraints when the accident occurred. When I arrived on the scene, the infant and mother were still in the over-turned vehicle, belted into their seats and upside-down.
As it became more and more evident that help would not be arriving soon (there were 6 reported accidents before this one), strangers came together to help the Saco family through a very dangerous and serious time.
With a doctor who had arrived on scene, I helped guide the infant and mother out of the vehicle. I also gave the father my winter coat when he started to shiver and helped him bandage a cut on his hand with a t-shirt from my trunk. Someone set a road flare. Another person gave the family an unzipped sleeping bag to wear on their shoulders. The father of a UVM student helped me direct traffic. The doctor assessed the victims and played an integral role in keeping the family safe and calm. About 8 strangers came together that day to help the family from Saco, ME.
When an ambulance finally came, I gave the father a hug and told him I wished his family health and happiness.
I am asking for your help in finding this Saco, ME family to make sure they’re together – happy and healthy – for the holidays. I would love to send the Saco Family a Christmas card and present for their baby!
While I didn’t get the family’s last name, I do remember the following details:
1. The mom graduated from UVM and is blonde
2. The dad’s name is Kevin
3. The baby was calmed down by a soft baby book that had family photos in it
Any help you or your organization can offer is appreciated – I am willing to discuss this story further with reporters, do interviews, etc…whatever it takes to get my Christmas card to Kevin.
Thank you,
Rebecca
[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Matt Cushing's Friends Speak Out (Feb '08) Dec '16 ID network junkie 9
Kennebunk Music Thread (May '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 20
Good People of Biddeford Nov '16 SpreadTheWord 2
Homewrecking Poker Player Oct '16 Stephanie 1
Eating places in Gorham Oct '16 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Shaun Spencer/Philip Peter Spencer Jr. (Oct '06) Sep '16 Sheila 11
News Veterans protest alleged Flag code violations i... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Charles Dickens 1

Saco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saco Mortgages