Over policed in St. Lawrence County

Over policed in St. Lawrence County

There are 183 comments on the North Country Now story from May 2, 2013, titled Over policed in St. Lawrence County. In it, North Country Now reports that:

Do you believe that your friends, neighbors and surrounding community members are all criminals that should be constantly scrutinized by the police? If not, why is it acceptable for there to be a SLC Sheriff between Potsdam and Canton, a US Border Patrol agent in the village of Canton, and three NYS Troopers between the villages of Canton and ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Country Now.

drt

Watertown, NY

#153 May 24, 2013
What we need is less LOUDMOUTH DB's like Riparian.
Riparian

Ardsley, NY

#154 May 24, 2013
drt wrote:
What we need is less LOUDMOUTH DB's like Riparian.
Cry I care
roger spencer

Ardsley, NY

#155 May 25, 2013
it is indubitable that we have a more police than needed in this area. the only ones that disagree are those that work in the system.
rom

Woodstown, NJ

#156 May 25, 2013
roger spencer wrote:
it is indubitable that we have a more police than needed in this area. the only ones that disagree are those that work in the system.
The ones that think there are to many police, or that spout off about it are in all likely part of the criminal element which is why we need the police in order to protect law abiding citzens from scum like you.
heavy hitters

Ithaca, NY

#157 May 25, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>Really? lol Driving under the influence, also known as a DWI, driving while intoxicated. Alcohol. Drugs. Really?
Didn't know NY had a DUI in the laws?!?
Curious

New York, NY

#158 May 25, 2013
rom wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones that think there are to many police, or that spout off about it are in all likely part of the criminal element which is why we need the police in order to protect law abiding citzens from scum like you.
That's right up there with the "HOW DARE YOU!!!" response heard spouted so often by LEOs and their proxies any time some "citizen" (ie the TAXPAYER - YOUR BOSS - THE ONE WHO PAYS THE BILLS) questions absolutely ANYTHING LE does. It's an entirely disingenuous response intended to play on a person's emotions, soft of like when an older person tries to get one over by saying "Well, whatever, then. You won't have to bother with me much longer, anyway." It adds nothing substantive to the argument, but then I guess it's not supposed to. It's supposed to "guilt" us into agreeing with you, right?

Nah, I don't think so.
Riparian

Ardsley, NY

#159 May 25, 2013
rom wrote:
<quoted text>The ones that think there are to many police, or that spout off about it are in all likely part of the criminal element which is why we need the police in order to protect law abiding citzens from scum like you.
The ones who think there are not enough police or spout off about it are all likely sqiuds who cant take care of themselves and who depend on the government to hold their hand throughout life.
They are all likely part of the governmental element that grows by the minute in the midnight backroom town, state and federal halls in which their unconstitutional bullshit is made into law.
They are all likely the reason people need to have meaningful conversations, the freedom to say what needs to be said and means backup their right to such freedoms.
Furthermore, if the people that founded this country could see what it has become they would dispise your kind for what you scumbags have done to it, and ashamed of me for letting you,
while I still breathe.
True Story

Utica, NY

#160 May 25, 2013
Live in Norwood. We have village popo, and we don't even need them. There's plenty of Sheriffs and State boys around to fill the void.
roger spencer

Ardsley, NY

#161 May 26, 2013
rom wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been working since 14 years old. I have never been arrested for anything. I have been to war. I have worked in a truly dangerous place. I pay my taxes. I can see when money is being wasted. Yes we need police. But it is out of hand. Every year they need more people more cars more training. all those things cost a lot of money. If three officers did the job last year. you don't need 5 this year. when I drive through Gouv. I see county,village and state. we just need protectino from real crime. Leave people alone. stop bothering us with all the petty stuff. it is only a way to rob us. if you get a seatbelt ticket you will pay a big fine. plus an 85 dollar court cost. if you mail in the ticket how does it cost the court 85 dollars. it is just a rip off. i hope im not a scum bag for getting a seatbelt ticket. the schools are the same way. it is for your kids. we need more of everything. theres a lot of jobs in the school that were not there in the past. if they didnt need them then. they dont need them now. more more more. when is enough. enough. you do know. if you are a working person. you are paying for all the excess things. in all tax funded jobs. dont you care that they are wasting your money.
clara

Ithaca, NY

#162 May 26, 2013
I drive from Russell to Watertown 5 days a week and hit the back roads. I am lucky to see 1 cop a month. because you people see cops in Goiverneur doesn't mean they are everywhere. It is by their station so of course you see them more often. Like saying I seen tons of steel working driving down factory st when I left china food place. Must be too many steel working around town.
clara

Ithaca, NY

#164 May 26, 2013
**workers
Riparians Fart Box

Hammond, NY

#165 May 29, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones who think there are not enough police or spout off about it are all likely sqiuds who cant take care of themselves and who depend on the government to hold their hand throughout life.
They are all likely part of the governmental element that grows by the minute in the midnight backroom town, state and federal halls in which their unconstitutional bullshit is made into law.
They are all likely the reason people need to have meaningful conversations, the freedom to say what needs to be said and means backup their right to such freedoms.
Furthermore, if the people that founded this country could see what it has become they would dispise your kind for what you scumbags have done to it, and ashamed of me for letting you,
while I still breathe.
My name is Riparian, and I feel all criminal's should be set free. My whole family is able to live comfortably from the welfare system since we support it with drug sales and false workers comp claims. It is a family tradition.
Riparian

Hammond, NY

#166 May 29, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry I care
My ass does cry from time to time.
fart box

Gouverneur, NY

#167 May 29, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
My ass does cry from time to time.

Wouldn't it get easier after a few times and it would stop crying?
Riparian

Springfield, NJ

#168 May 29, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>My ass does cry from time to time.
I dont live in hammond you tool.
Riparian

Hammond, NY

#169 May 29, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont live in hammond you tool.
Yes I do
Riparian

Ardsley, NY

#170 May 29, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do
Now both of me are confused lol
Youre retarded and I hate that you make me laugh jerk.
over fined guy.

Boston, MA

#171 May 29, 2013
I agree with all the law enforcement in this type of area. But I don't agree with them needing to meet a certain amount of tickets per month. There are good officers and bad officers. Here is a story of a bad one: He goes by the name of Scott Murphy and he is/was a "forest ranger" who was stationed near my house and decided that our state land must be under strict protective watch. My friends were over to play a game of paintball and I had the bright idea of using the state forest for a woods course. After Murphy saw some vehicles drive in, it was game on for him. He found the vehicle path we had taken back to the pines and drove up.
Defacing the trees and parking in the state land were two of the several tickets we were threatened with. Thankfully he "let us all off easy" with illegal parking tickets.
What a way to ruin our weekend! Shut the four wheelers down and keep the people out. Apparently the state has some extra cash kicking around to pay this guy to protect our woods that they harvest. So watch out for the murphenator! He would give his own mother a ticket.
Riparian

Hammond, NY

#172 May 30, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
Now both of me are confused lol
Youre retarded and I hate that you make me laugh jerk.
Split personality?
Riparian

Ardsley, NY

#173 May 30, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>Split personality?
The voices

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sackets Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Flath Tue Wondering 2
Itworks Aug 21 Thomasinag 1
Jamie Ames Aug 15 jamie is disgusting 2
Terrie lalone of Adams Aug 15 kidpbird23 8
News Sackets Harbor woman faces driving impaired by ... (May '13) Feb '16 Jackie 2
News Watertown Mayor Jeffrey Graham says arena upgra... (Feb '15) Sep '15 What About Bob 2
Campbells Point Members Only (Jun '14) Jun '14 majestic 1

Sackets Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sackets Harbor Mortgages