Your local Sabetha " Police Department "

Posted in the Sabetha Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
soontobe former resident

Everest, KS

#2 Jun 29, 2009
same s**t here in seneca. did ya ever notice that they go for the lower wage earner drug arrest and if the town folks only new the so called look good public high wage earners are the ones they need to catch
Billy Mays

Kansas City, MO

#3 Jun 29, 2009
Takeawildguess wrote:
Chief Thompson only acted on these cases when he had to look good due to an embarrassing but mostly true e-mail being circulated around town about his credibility and integrity as a police officer.
Care to post the email that was circulated? Apparently I'm not on the right people's email list.
Mike Hock

United States

#4 Jun 29, 2009
yup true dat....SPD is like a training dept.y do u think i moved...
Sabetha

United States

#5 Jun 30, 2009
Police "chief" Thompson is not only a person that is not fit to be a "chief", let alone even a police officer. He possesses absolutely no leadership skills. He has many shades to his personality, and is a pathological liar. He is very good at telling people exactly what they want to hear, which is why he has some of the town fooled. He is finally, slowly losing his creditability. It will come to light one day what kind of person that the city commission hired for their chief of police. He should be terminated on sexual harassment alone...(and yes, this is documented, but taken no further than a reprimand)
getalife

Cumming, GA

#6 Jul 2, 2009
Obviously you all do not know what kind of job law enforcement is! Its not the easiest job in the world, yes people do make mistakes but let it stay there...sabetha is a great town and growing up there i do have the highest respect for the police department and the city admin...there is a big drug problem in sabetha and its taking hold of the kids which would get out of control if it wasnt for chief thompson and his DRE training..im sure u can all find something else better to chat about...naz is a military veteran and should be honored for serving his country..again im sure u people talkin trash arent in the military too...shout out to bill!!
Dennis-Thompson

Hiawatha, KS

#7 Jul 6, 2009
I have to hand it to who ever wrote the first blog about me. First you can see that I have written my name to the blog that I am writing, so that shows that I have enough heart to stand by what I do. Yes, if I did not do my job than everybody would like me, I do not make the laws I enforcement them as fair as I can be. Anyone knows if I have taken them to jail I treat them with the respect that they have given me and if you would like to step into this thankless job please have at it. Yes I do pay child support along with thousands of others and yes I do get garnished, that is just a part of my life that I am very responsible about and no I am not behind. Once again the list could go on and on, the bottom line is as long as I am the Chief of Police or an officer or any kind of public servant I will always be in someones cross hairs. My door is always open, please don't hide behind your computer, just come in and talk to me and if I can't satisfy you than I will give you all the contact numbers you need to find someone who can. Polictics is a funny thing, please don't get caught up in it. I do not put things in our paper about drug cases, maybe you should talk to the paper about that if your mad about the public knowing.
Dennis-Thompson

Hiawatha, KS

#8 Jul 6, 2009
I forgot to mention that I get these kind of messages wrote about myself and the police department all the time and I always will. If you believe them, then you do not know me. If you don't believe them thank you for reading them and also enjoy a little laugh with me. Once again you can also contact me and clarify anything you want to know.
Dennis-Thompson

Hiawatha, KS

#9 Jul 6, 2009
I really should not be wasting my time replying to this funny blog, but the evidence room has a lock that only opens with a key and in order to get your key out you have to keep the door locked. Myself and Cpl. Wilcock are the only ones who have a key to the evidence room. What happened before I became Chief in 2007 is beyond my control. Also everything in this blog is untrue and I will call you out on anything you want to bring.So please get your facts straight and please don't forget my office door is always open for you. I will stop replying because I have adult things to do.
Dennis-Thompson

Hiawatha, KS

#10 Jul 6, 2009
Last but not least, the last time someone put ficticous information about me on the internet, the police ddepartment made a case and executed a search warrant to find out who wrote it and that turned out to be a discruntled employee. Don't forget everything you do on a computer your IP address can and will be tracked. GOOD LUCK!
Gunner

Seneca, KS

#11 Jul 6, 2009
Dennis, most, if not all, of that article is true. The PD is supposed to "Protect and serve" and to be honest with you, you guys suck at it. You all focus on the small stuff in town. Who gives a rats ass about kids smoking weed or cigarettes. I'm sure you have bigger fish to fry seeing as how you are such a heroic figure to the public. Lastly, how are you going to try to scare someone for writing fictitious information. That's not illegal at all. Good luck trying to get a judge to sign that search warrant of yours. Of course an IP address can be tracked, but no one on this page has done ANYTHING illegal. I guarantee I know more about computers at my young age of 16 than you will in your whole life. Also, I left my real first name just because you cant do a thing about this post, you never will be able to do a thing about this post.
Gunner

Seneca, KS

#12 Jul 6, 2009
Oh, and I forgot to mention something. I'm a bit skeptical on whether or not that is the real dennis thompson. But who cares if it isn't. I still got my point across
Outsider

United States

#13 Jul 6, 2009
Gunner, you said who gives a rats ass about kids smoking weed, well I dont want my kids on it. I dont want them to grow up and be just welfare trash.If you have a grudge about getting caught with it you need to get over it and go on with your life. Obviously you still havnt learned your lesson. Leave chief Thompson alone, grow up and get a real life.
Gunner

Baileyville, KS

#14 Jul 6, 2009
So you are imposing I am welfare trash because I'm standing up for Marijuana? If I were welfare trash how would I be sitting at MY house on MY computer? Outsider, you should quit leading the misinformed lifestyle you have been and learn something. I beg you to watch this video and then get back to me on that comment about Marijuana.

And JFTR, I have NEVER been caught for smoking, possessing, or affiliating with any drug.(Aside from alcohol with is 10x more harmful and addictive than weed, but is not looked down upon by society) So before you go on to making conclusions about my lifestyle and my affairs please think about getting you're facts straight. "Still havent learned your lesson" Who are you to tell me what I have went through and what I have taken away from my past experiences.

You told me to grow up and get a real life and leave chief Thompson alone. If growing up and getting a real life means I'm going to live in a small kansas town with sheltered beliefs and a warped sense of reality, then no, I do not want to grow up.

Go live youre great life, you f****** goof.
Outsider

United States

#15 Jul 6, 2009
I cant watch your video,I have utube blocked by a filter to keep my children from watching trash.
Dennis-Thompson

Hiawatha, KS

#16 Jul 7, 2009
I am sad to see how gunner replyed to this blog. Less than a week ago I gave Gunner a break for smoking (which should have led to a juvenile intake process) among at least 6 other young men. I tried to show them that I am a decent person and I am very easy to get along with. We all know the small things like smoking usually add up to bigger things down the road. Obviously sometimes people take a kind act as a sign of weakness. Law Enforcement has a job to do rather it be small or big. People wonder why some officers don't have a since of humor, it is because everytime you try to give someone a break they throw it back in thier face. It takes a unique person to wear the uniform and I am very proud to wear it and yes gunner, I still like you.
third party view

Edgerton, KS

#17 Jul 7, 2009
Ok-you gotta admit this is funny. As one saying goes..you don't like the police?..well then next time call a crackhead. Try some respect with a police officer next time you have a run in with one. You might be amazed how human they are! Being a cop is one of the hardest jobs. I know I couldn't bear to deal with all the stuff they encounter.
angel - Sabetha

Lenzburg, IL

#18 Jul 9, 2009
lets say that the evidence room was left unsecure on several occaisons I don't think this is reason enough to let some drug dealers or users back out on the street. If they were arrested for drug abouse then they get what they deserve. Anyone selling drugs should be put in prison. The United States is way to easy on criminals. Anyone caught selling drugs on a 3rd. offenice should be put to death, with no appeals. Anyone that purposely kills a nother person should also be put to death with no appeals. Gunner you need to grow up take responsablity for what you do. You don't like things the way they are then change them. You want to be a pot head all your life then crawl in a hole someplace & be a pot head. You want to have a normal life then lay off the drugs & stop blaming everyone else for what goes wrong in your life.
Concerned Grandma

Rock Port, MO

#19 Jul 13, 2009
I guess what I have trouble with in regards to the SPD is that they are focusing on one certain group of kids here. My grandchild was talking with me the other day and was telling me about the number of kids that are drinking. These are kids that are the "jocks" of our great high school and the ones that have just graduated. Im not saying that the ones smoking and doing drugs are not important, they are. The under age drinking is getting way out of control. These kids are not worried though cause first of all they are the "good kids, jocks", they dont do that. Secondly they are not worried cause the SPD are looking at the other kids and letting the rest get away. It hurts my heart that my grandchild is out there and has to be subject to this. Lets refocus on the under age drinking and keeping our ear out for that also.
angel - Sabetha

Lenzburg, IL

#20 Jul 13, 2009
yes underage drinking is a problem & it all needs to stop. I think the police should give out a ticket or arrest anyone doing something wrong NO matter WHO they are. I don't care if it's the Mayor or a major business owner anyone doing drugs or driving drunk should all be treated the same. Like I have said we as a people have become way to easy on people who break the law.
think about it

Hiawatha, KS

#21 Jul 14, 2009
wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sabetha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tired of the riff raff Sep 16 Krystal 3
Has Anyone Seen Chuck Smith? Where is He? Sep 11 blaster 5
Kristina richey (Mar '15) Aug 29 Jasmin 2
My Sister's House (Jan '11) Aug '17 Grateful 48
Theft of Jeep (Sep '15) Jul '17 Farmboy 13
Pony Creek Big Foot Jul '17 Good night irene 7
Poll How do you feel about the Hiawatha Police Dept. (Mar '08) Jul '17 Sara 169

Sabetha Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance