sabetha resident

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2011
I would like to know what u think of subway and their staff.
Smokescust

Topeka, KS

#2 Jan 21, 2011
Great!
Piper

Robinson, KS

#3 Jan 22, 2011
I think they are doing a great job love the new place.
sabetha resident

United States

#4 Jan 24, 2011
Smokescust wrote:
Great!
thanks!!
sabetha resident

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2011
Piper wrote:
I think they are doing a great job love the new place.
I appreciate the compliment :)!!
Blaster

Lawrence, KS

#6 Jan 24, 2011
Beats the hell out of the old place. It isn't as cluttered and not as dirty as before.

I haven't been to Quizno's, but I'm guessing the coffee drinkers are going to keep the tables full so no one has a place to sit away from the counter just like they did at Subway when it was as Ampride.
vigilante

Hamburg, MN

#7 Jun 23, 2011
I think that kayla penn is nuts for having drug addicts working there makes our small town look trashy sabetha will soon be no better then hiawatha
Boring

Falls City, NE

#8 Jun 24, 2011
Quizno's is going to be in the red for some time and the investment doesn't look too promising. It never did. Not including the startup costs, some basic numbers for you, they have a 7% royalty payment due each month, then there is 20% labor, 30% food, 2.9% credit card fees, spoilage, advertising, I could go on and on. No one has any control over the %. They are fixed and that is basically that. Heavy investment brought about by a kneejerk reaction to replace Subway. The Problem is, and this is investing 101, you never ever replace one product with a more expensive replacement, not when it's going to be your only product, made to order sandwiches. You just don't do it, ever. Example, if that location is lucky enough to make $480,000 dollars, they could only expect a return profit of around %7.2 ~%7.5, or annually, around $35,000 dollars. Long term profit forcast? 3 years, a $100,000 profit. Doubtful and not when, again, you factor in startup costs that continue to eat up any profits for the foreseeable future. There are also other factors that lesson this amount as well. Location, population. Are there other competing products in the same market? Having two made to order sandwich shops in a small town such as Sabetha is, basically, not so smart. Both locations suffer. Poor judgment, poor investment. End result. Money lost forever.
Sabetha

Lawrence, KS

#9 Jun 25, 2011
Boring wrote:
Quizno's is going to be in the red...

End result. Money lost forever.
From my untrained eye by being a customer of Subway, I believe Subway is actually doing more business now than they previously did.

Everything you say sounds correct. One of the competitors has to close in order for the other to succeed.

G&L Wine and Deli is pretty much non-existent. The sandwich place at the new gas station is out of the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sabetha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Save Our Schools? Mar 30 two 8
scary (Aug '13) Mar 28 Nightmare 10
ryan hull (Oct '09) Mar 28 puffychest 29
Looking Mar 27 Nightmare 7
Sneaky ways (Aug '10) Mar 26 Nightmare 2
Angela goltz Mar 25 Nightmare 9
Kristina richey Mar 19 discussed 1
More from around the web

Sabetha People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE