First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just info

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2012
November 9th 2012

Carolyn Sue Kurts ,63 Blaine, was arrested and charged w/ obstruction of service of legal writ or process and manufacturing marijuana.
Carolyn Sue (Renfro) Kurts.

Brother Jimmy Renfro was on the scene to the aid of his sister in the company truck after work hours ? When did this become county business?

Don't have a problem with helping a family member; however don't use taxpayer resources and political favors to tidy things up.
Just a good ole boy

Clinton, TN

#2 Nov 14, 2012
Welcome to the Good 'Ole Boy ASSociation of Grainger County. Where elected officials do what they want and the friends & family who voted them in stand by and watch.
XXX

Beaverton, OR

#3 Nov 15, 2012
Just a good ole boy wrote:
Welcome to the Good 'Ole Boy ASSociation of Grainger County. Where elected officials do what they want and the friends & family who voted them in stand by and watch.
You, got that right. It's all about that last name and who you you know around here, that's all that matter. It's truly a crying shame!
native family

Beaverton, OR

#4 Nov 15, 2012
XXX wrote:
<quoted text>You, got that right. It's all about that last name and who you you know around here, that's all that matter. It's truly a crying shame!
you gots that right it is time we all end this junk, we are going with that jim hanna he will end this junk and help us all. he gots our vote
Blaine mom

United States

#5 Nov 16, 2012
just info wrote:
November 9th 2012
Carolyn Sue Kurts ,63 Blaine, was arrested and charged w/ obstruction of service of legal writ or process and manufacturing marijuana.
Carolyn Sue (Renfro) Kurts.
Brother Jimmy Renfro was on the scene to the aid of his sister in the company truck after work hours ? When did this become county business?
Don't have a problem with helping a family member; however don't use taxpayer resources and political favors to tidy things up.
So I'm guessing that you are really one to talk... to post on topix about someone else.....guess that makes you someone to respect! You post Jims name and his family but not yours? Are you saying that if you heard you had a family member in trouble that you would take the time to take your vehicle back to your job, get your car, then go check on them? LOL I bet you would! And I guess this good ol boy system that applies to who you are is true? If that was so Jims sister would not have been arrested. Hes a great person. Two years ago when all the roads were froze my baby was in nicu and I couldn't get to him....I called jim who was a stranger to me and told him my situation. He came out and cleared a path from my driveway to the highway so I could go to the hospital! You need to pick and choose who you talk about...your name could be on here next!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6 Nov 16, 2012
Blaine Mom, I agree with you on some issues of this, others not so much. The arrest report was in the paper. It is public knowledge, and she was arrested. I have no problem with any one who is arrested having their name posted on Topix.

Just Info, reports that Jim was seen after hours in the company auto. However, living in Blaine it happened during normal business hours. I know, I saw all of the cop cars there between 2PM and 3PM. Jim may have already been close and driving the company auto. It would have made more sense to go there instead of going back to Rutledge, getting his own car, then going back again to get the company truck. Just Info, you do not know the circumstances.

Now, I am in no way defending Sue Renfro, or what ever her name is now. But, anyone who knows her, probably thinks that she is a few fries short of a happy meal, I would have to agree. Jim's assistance could have been requested to make this easier for everyone involved.

Simply put, you don't have the whole story here. I KNOW it happened during normal business hours, not after hours. I also know that Jim Renfro would go out of his way to help anyone that he could, all you would have to do is ask.
freebird

United States

#7 Nov 21, 2012
Sue was incarcerated and accused of what ever they want to call it interfering with arrest best I can understand.

As a witness to the event....Sue identified the witness as Jesse Hawkins son of Steve Hawkins, Atty and former Grainger District Atty
Brandon Smith arrested her and charged her for identifing the suspect and called posse and a search warrant she already told them what happened no interest what happpened they got insulted she exercised 4th amendment rights embarrased they should be called tbi fbi all around state of Tennesse found no suspect....he is freee has anyone heard anything about it NO Sue is charged....what a ....up Grainger County.......what has this cost taxpayers and how this was handled is a shame to the county.....

Must the citizens of Grainger County put up with the abuse of power by guns and ignorance if so I will leave this county asap
freebird

United States

#8 Nov 21, 2012
Just a good ole boy......look....ck the facts in evidence before you start slamming the family name......Sue had nothing to do with Okies Robbery Sue was a victim of abuse again by the ignorance of the Grainger County Sheriff Dept Sue did nothing Sue gave the description and details of event and she was arrested and search warrant issued and then another false charge on her.

We now live in a Police State!
freebird

United States

#9 Nov 21, 2012
Thanks for the info I am sure the county appreciates the info!
Queen

United States

#10 Nov 22, 2012
Wasn't their mother also arrested? I've known Ruth Renfro for many years, and her reputation is flawless. If someone tried to take my elderly, failing mother out of her home, I would be there real quick and fast, and I'd have HELL with me.
I don't care if I were in a company vehicle, a fire truck, an ambulance, running shoes, walking, hitch-hiking, crawling, or riding a fast broom.
And if a hair on my mother's head was harmed, some body would be getting a royal a**-whooping.
It's very unlikely that a backward lady and her feeble mother could muster the resourses to rob their own piggy bank, and the force used in this situation would be considered excessive, an abuse of authority, and a peril to the health, safety, and life of the elderly and ill.
I'd say Jimmy did the right thing in this situation. Maybe he ought to go after one of the arresting officer's 4-wheel-drive, super-cab, wide-tired, custom-painted hunting jeeps with a ditch witch.
RTD2

Morristown, TN

#12 Nov 22, 2012
I agree completely with freebies and Queen!
Queen

United States

#14 Nov 23, 2012
blablabla: So you're all for the mistreatment of the elderly, as long as you don't like their children? If Sue is, indeed,'crazy', it would be unlikely that she could carry off a drug store robbery, and should be handled as a suspect with limted capabilities.
It seems that she told the swat team where the likely TRUE suspect lived, and offered to show them his house, and, as it has turned out, she was right.
Looks like she was the smartest one in her yard that day.
Once again

Beaverton, OR

#15 Nov 23, 2012
blablabla wrote:
So Jim's mother lives with his insane sister? IF that is what I gather from these posts. First of all if this is so there is nothing to Jim Renfro or he would not put his mother in harms way. His sister has always been crazy!!!! Furthermore, I know personally Jim is an ass and treats his employees like shit. Even threats of termination towards them. He is not the man people think he is. He has a terrible temper and shows it daily. I always heard his wife lived in Hell.. I know exactly why. She is a kind and sweet person to live in such Hell with a sorry piece of crap as Jim Renfro!!!!
Well,Well,Well! You are just mad because you know of someone that works for Jim, and it makes you mad because he is making that person work. You know, when you have job that's what your suppose to do, not lay on your all day and not do nothing. You, happen to know alot about that your job is for lazy people like you, you get to sit on you fat ass all day and not do anything besides watch over toddlers! Get Over it! Remeber, you have always said you can't believe everything you hear. Maybe, Jim, isn't that bad on them he just makes them work! They all think that he is a hard ass because they never had to do anything when Bean was in the office so therefore it's a big change for all of them! If, they hate it so bad then they'll hit the road and find them another job.
juststandingby

Powell, TN

#16 Nov 30, 2012
It's not just the fixing problems of family members thats going on in in Grainger County. A month or two ago Toby Cameron walked in to the Marathon Station (Valley Market) and arrested a man; who had been airing up a tire for his sister, and then went in the store to shop, for driving on a revoked license after asking the man if he had a license and the man said no. This man was not even driving, he was with someone else.
blablabla

United States

#17 Dec 2, 2012
Once again wrote:
<quoted text>Well,Well,Well! You are just mad because you know of someone that works for Jim, and it makes you mad because he is making that person work. You know, when you have job that's what your suppose to do, not lay on your all day and not do nothing. You, happen to know alot about that your job is for lazy people like you, you get to sit on you fat ass all day and not do anything besides watch over toddlers! Get Over it! Remeber, you have always said you can't believe everything you hear. Maybe, Jim, isn't that bad on them he just makes them work! They all think that he is a hard ass because they never had to do anything when Bean was in the office so therefore it's a big change for all of them! If, they hate it so bad then they'll hit the road and find them another job.
No I have no family or friends working for the Highway Dept. I stopped to ask Mr. Ass Renfro about the road I live on and some repairs, he happened to be with his road crew and I heard how he talked to them and directed them. I have no respect for this man, and further more to put Anthony Dalton in as a foreman, he is a murderer and should still be in prison for the life he took. And Queen evidently you haven't lived here long
Queen

United States

#18 Dec 2, 2012
blablabla: I was not addressing any other problem than that the sherrif's office arrested a lady who wa obviously NOT involved in criminal activity. I also offered the opinion that Jim Renfro went to the aid of his mother and sister. It sounds like they needed his assistance. I comend him for his actions, and I stated ina former post that I would have done about the same thing.
I have lived in Grainger Cunty for 18 years. I studied several counties in this area before my husband and I left East Knox County, where we had lived for several years. I was born and raised in Knox County, and I have always been politically active, even in the surrounding counties.
I think I have a pretty good grasp on what is happening in this area, and I am not trying to make county policy.
I stated that I had known Ruth Renfro for many years, and that I would trust her. I know that she is 'failing', but that does not make her a lesser person, and it should not make her a victim for any politician. If I were Jim Renfro, I would sue the pants off that useless gangbuster sherrif and start moves to get him out of office.
Let's all get together and get Jim Hannan elected, and try to get Grainger County in to the relm of responsible, honest, open public administration.
interesting

Morristown, TN

#19 Dec 2, 2012
If Mr. Renfro treats his employees so bad, why is it they still work there? Does he force them to stay also.
mom of 3

United States

#20 Apr 28, 2013
Sue is a horror and drug addict
freebird

United States

#21 Apr 28, 2013
May the Father in Heaven not judge u for your sins
what a terrible thing to say about someone u do not even know ..........horror and drug addict
that lady does nothing but give give and help and help people ......She has done nothing to noone how can u dare say that about Sue......
freebird

United States

#22 Apr 28, 2013
mom of 3 wrote:
Sue is a horror and drug addict
&li st=PL278829A4AA9541CF&inde x=14

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So why ?!?! 23 min Timmy 2
Build the bridge. 46 min Marty Mcfly 16
Who's The Daddy 13 hr CuriosityRover 3
Little League Baseball... 16 hr James 9
Where is the justice? 18 hr James 5
city property taxes Sun Einstein 5
brian rhodes & lester ramsey Sun true 10

Rutledge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance