Grainger Co Finest
Cameron T

Seymour, TN

#1 Feb 18, 2013
Here's a relevant link, this one's no joke, it's the real deal. Maybe some of you good folks know about this *trooper*? The fact this is his second go, makes one think, he might have some connections at the top of the link, perhaps?

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/255093/2/Hom...
tn law

United States

#2 Feb 18, 2013
To the best of my knowledge filing a false report is a felony , your supposed to be arrested and be held accountable for your actions. I guess if your a trooper you are exempt from the law .
look at this

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2013
true&topVideoCatNo=default &clipId=8421911
look at this

United States

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Check out on channel 6 news they have good story also
Trooper gate

Kodak, TN

#5 Feb 20, 2013
This guy is from Grainger County, right? Yet no one here seems to be disturbed by this news. What's up with that? Also, just read this is not first incident for him. Is this county like so many others that a person with the right name can get away with murder?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6 Feb 21, 2013
Trooper gate wrote:
This guy is from Grainger County, right? Yet no one here seems to be disturbed by this news. What's up with that? Also, just read this is not first incident for him. Is this county like so many others that a person with the right name can get away with murder?
Disturbed? Yes. Suprised? No. It is evident from your post that you are not from here. Things like this are common place here. We catch wind of things like this all of the time. Often times it is swept under the rug and chalked up as rumor. However, this one seems to have made the news. Toby Cameron is the son of Mike Cameron who was also a former State Trooper and Mike's father Earl Cameron was the Sheriff of Grainger County for many years. Does Toby have many "CONNECTIONS" in Grainger County? I would think, yes. Is this the first questionable issue that Toby has been involved in? I would think, NOT. This is the first time Toby turned on his good buddies and sued them though. It is not just a name that can get you off on crimes in Grainger County, it is money also. Of course, that is my opinion. But, having lived here for most of my life, I have seen and heard things since my childhood that are questionable at best. If you read the local news, you can see every week how many people are turned lose to repeat crimes against the people of Grainger County. We have people who are found guilty of murder by a jury, turned lose in less than 7 years. We have people that have repeatedly robbed their neighbors and been convicted, turned lose with no more than probation. I saw one arrested for violation of probation, given more probation. I am sure he learned his lesson, how about you? So, Toby Cameron lied and filed a false police report. As terrible as that is, it is far less than we deal with everyday. Should Toby be punished with more than a 5 day suspension? I think so, but, I think that many of these crooks should sit in jail until moss grew on their asses.

We have a Sheriff that openly states that he can not control what goes on inside his jail, a judge that is reported as being drunk more often than sober. From what I understand, the sheriff shows up to actually work less and less. Some one reported a while back that he had an on duty officer bring his some tobacco and a mountain dew to his home because he didn't feel like getting out. You want us to be up in arms over Toby? He is the State's problem. Most of us are waiting to see if they actually do anything with him. There is no justice in Grainger County, we will see if there is any in Tennessee. We will not hold our breathe.

This lack of justice leaves us with no respect for local law enforcement. Some of us think them as corrupt, if not more so, than the few criminals they catch. There are still some good ones, but I have more faith in my old shot gun than a badge and a handful of empty promises.
Trooper Gate

Knoxville, TN

#7 Feb 21, 2013
O O Tree, thank you for your response. No, I didn't want anyone to be "upset", I just thought more people would be shocked. Guess this type of crap is getting to everyone, I thought it was basically just a few of the counties in East Tn, that were so blatant, guess I was wrong. My county is full of this, but on a much larger scale. Friends and family elect who they want, and run their agenda down the rest of the people's throats. If you're in that group, you got it made, if not, life can be rough, to say the least. Again, thanks for your information!
Freebird

Powell, TN

#8 Feb 28, 2013
Am I understanding this correctly....DHS how ...since when is a Federal agency running the TENNESSEE State .......I am in no way saying I AGREE with Toby Cameron alledged false arrest but when I read Dept of HOMELAND SECURITY I wonder did anyone else see a RED FLAG.....WHY DHS....we must have already lost State to Feds.....
Conspiracy Theory NOT

Knoxville, TN

#9 Feb 28, 2013
The THP is under TN Dept of Safety and Homeland Security. It has nothing to do with the Federal Dept of Homeland Security.

Calm down Flee, the sky isn't falling, yet!
THP

Tucker, GA

#11 Mar 1, 2013
It's like this , state is covering for there trooper he filled a false report . A false report is a Class D felony that should of been treated like the rest of us . Arrested and court date set , but we know how our court system works .
hola atcha gurl

Jefferson City, TN

#12 Mar 4, 2013
pat wells is a gooden
pissed off

United States

#13 Mar 22, 2013
u sure cant get the county to do nothing, i guess they r saving their energy to a rest us for not having health insurance
just asking

Powell, TN

#14 Mar 23, 2013
You continue to vote the "good ole boys" that what you get, you would have thought that some 20 years later someone would at least think that something is wrong, but, no that go and vote another " good ole boy" back in. Layel goes and hires his family, close friends, has been dysfunctional troopers, and , now you all write and talk about how unhappy you are. Hypocritical don't you think ?
One day your family may be a victim of a serious crime, than you will wake up, MAYBE. The "good ole boys' will do anything to keep a real lawman from getting elected.
just asking

Powell, TN

#15 Mar 23, 2013
Cameron T wrote:
Here's a relevant link, this one's no joke, it's the real deal. Maybe some of you good folks know about this *trooper*? The fact this is his second go, makes one think, he might have some connections at the top of the link, perhaps?
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/255093/2/Hom...
he is a disgrace to the uniform.
lol

Troy, OH

#16 Jun 10, 2013
Not surprising at all. Years ago the mayor of Blaine stated that she didn't know the cops had a 200 ticket quota a month.he was writing citations left and right. Then he moved on to Bean Station. After that I'm not sure I think maybe Jeff. Co. Or Rutledge . Seems he wore his welcome out in a lot of places

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Washburn churches (Nov '14) 33 min Lisa 14
Is Kenny Chesney 3 hr Ann 4
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 23 hr Tiger43 4,768
Dwight jordan Mon Mad as hell 1
Local EMS/Ambulance service/Paramedics... (Mar '10) Sun Kory 58
in blaine Sun just wondering 1
Neveragain Sun New market 5

Rutledge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance