Grainger High Boys Basketball
sorry

Wilmore, KY

#21 Nov 29, 2010
Grizzlygrowler wrote:
They have already won that one game some of you said they wouldn't this season. Just sayin.
They beat Bera HS They only have 100 students in their whole school.K--12 wow they only had 7 players on the team and they had the lead until the last quarter. We need those players back on the team and please get rid of those freshmen players. Combs said we are in a re-build year, what will he say next year and the next. Treat these kids as you want to be treated and you will have a TEAM.
finally

United States

#22 Nov 29, 2010
politics grainger wrote:
<quoted text>
What does winning have to do with grainger county sports? Look at your football and basketball the last 2 years. Winning has nothing to do with it. These kids work hard all summer to compete for 10 football games, and about 15 basketball games. These coaches has to be able to put these kids in a position to compete and pull out a win. 2 football wins and 5 basketball wins is not good.
The reason we lost 4 good basketball players this year is for the first time we have brought up 5 or 6 freshman basketball players up and put them on the varsity team and play them on a regular ortation. The coach said one has the dna to play?? does he really? Another one his dad is helping to coach. If we do not get the politics out of the school system we need to forget sports here.We have some good players here we need the coaches to quit playing politics and coach. we will be lucky to win one regular game in basketball this year. I feel sorry for the kids that work so hard all summer to have these special freshman to jump to varisty with little or no effort. I guess they have bad DNA. That is why everyone is quiting....
This is 100% right!
Basketball Mama

Beaverton, OR

#23 Nov 29, 2010
Goo Grizzlies!!!!!!!! Whether you sit or get to play...whether you are on all the basketball teams, or just one of the teams...Thanks for showing up and giving it your best. I support you all 100%. Keep your heads held high!
tiredofidiots

Morristown, TN

#24 Nov 29, 2010
So, who is this so called "close" kin of Coach Combs that is the chosen one?
Yeah, coaches like to choose players for politics so they can lose and people can talk about them on trashy gossip websites.
Coaches pick players who prove themselves in practice, that are coachable, and help the team win. If a kid is good enough and respectful, last names and politics do not matter. Sounds like sour grapes from some people who simply didn't have the talent to play.
grizzly fan

Morristown, TN

#25 Nov 29, 2010
tiredofidiots wrote:
So, who is this so called "close" kin of Coach Combs that is the chosen one?
Yeah, coaches like to choose players for politics so they can lose and people can talk about them on trashy gossip websites.
Coaches pick players who prove themselves in practice, that are coachable, and help the team win. If a kid is good enough and respectful, last names and politics do not matter. Sounds like sour grapes from some people who simply didn't have the talent to play.
Tired and "Mama".....you rock! All these whiners who can't play but want to be on the team, all these parents who see talent that isn't there, Good job Grizzlies....good job coaches....good job John Meadows for driving the bus! GOOOOOOO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!! LEEEEEAAAAAVVVVVEEEEE WHINERS! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Here comes that WAAAAAMMMMMBBBBBUUULLLLLAAAANN NNCCCCEEEEE again!!!!!
politics grainger

Morristown, TN

#26 Nov 30, 2010
It is apparent that you live in a cave. Combs newspaper quote..Brandon Davis has the DNA,the chosen one, that because he is the grandson of A.W DAVIS, ha, he will be a great player for us. what ever, The poor kid is lost on the court. and he also said that Lance Mortin did a good job at quarterback when Jake got hurt this year. What does any of this has to do with basketball. All they do is to try to justifly their reasons for putting the kids on the court and shame our programs. But lance is a good kid an he will in the future help us when he is older . Untill the next political kid comes by. HEY let the real players play and see what happens.
grizzly fan

Morristown, TN

#27 Nov 30, 2010
politics grainger wrote:
It is apparent that you live in a cave. Combs newspaper quote..Brandon Davis has the DNA,the chosen one, that because he is the grandson of A.W DAVIS, ha, he will be a great player for us. what ever, The poor kid is lost on the court. and he also said that Lance Mortin did a good job at quarterback when Jake got hurt this year. What does any of this has to do with basketball. All they do is to try to justifly their reasons for putting the kids on the court and shame our programs. But lance is a good kid an he will in the future help us when he is older . Untill the next political kid comes by. HEY let the real players play and see what happens.
"Let the real players play..." I think the real players are playing. The real players are still wearing the uniform, and the "posers" all quit! There is more to playing basketball than just running up and down the court. You have to be coachable, and most of the parents have made their child uncoachable by teaching them to play "individual" ball instead of "team" ball. Case in point....the game Friday night when one player lost the game for the entire team with his "glory shot" that barely made it to the goal. If you are calling that talent, then you are a moron! The real players are playing....all of them, and they are getting better each game they play. The "quitters" haven't damaged the team at all, it's better than ever. Great job Grizzly players and coaches. Don't let the bleacher morons get you down!
grizzly

Waterloo, Canada

#28 Nov 30, 2010
Stop talking down on this team! Those boys are good! The ones getting to play are the ones that are proving themselves in practice. Leave it alone. Coach Combs is working hard. And the game they won, WHO CARES how many kids were on that team! Those boys played their hearts out and you stupid people can't take that away from them!
love the game

United States

#29 Nov 30, 2010
Thats bull grizzly fan,they all didn't quit. Combs cut two boys that are juniors this year that had given 110 percent to the basketball program since they were in grade school, word was they never missed a practice and always tried to do what the coaches ask. Both of these boys are at least 6'3" to 6"4" one of which played on two different traveling teams his freshman and shpomore year, yet Combs would not give him any playing time as a Grizzly. Maby these two kids got the boot so that Combs could roll out the red carpet for the coming of the chosen one aka DNA Davis. I have lived in this county my whole life and know exactly how things work as do many others. But as we all know what goes around comes around.
Tate

United States

#30 Nov 30, 2010
Combs is a big fish in a small pond or rather, a blue gill in a puddle. He was a spoiled brat that thought he was sh!# on a stick because his daddy had a semi-executive position with the school system and his papaw used to be sheriff. And now he is the basketball coach at po-dung Grainger High and still thinks that he is sh!# on a stick. He must have one of those fun house mirrors that makes you look bigger than you really are. Face it Combs, this so called legacy or entitlement that drifts around in your small brain dosen't exist and it never did.
grizzly fan

Morristown, TN

#31 Nov 30, 2010
love the game wrote:
Thats bull grizzly fan,they all didn't quit. Combs cut two boys that are juniors this year that had given 110 percent to the basketball program since they were in grade school, word was they never missed a practice and always tried to do what the coaches ask. Both of these boys are at least 6'3" to 6"4" one of which played on two different traveling teams his freshman and shpomore year, yet Combs would not give him any playing time as a Grizzly. Maby these two kids got the boot so that Combs could roll out the red carpet for the coming of the chosen one aka DNA Davis. I have lived in this county my whole life and know exactly how things work as do many others. But as we all know what goes around comes around.
You need to get your information from a reliable source, because someone has fed you a bunch of garbage. Hope you enjoyed the taste! Are you really stupid enough to believe that ANY coach would cut two GOOD players who were over 6 feet....for any reason? Give me a break! You sound like one of the players who couldn't cut it and quit! Man....you whiners sure are jealous of this Davis kid. I guess you just can't handle the fact that he's better than you were and you quit just to save face. By the way...thanks for quitting! You did something to help the team after all!
grizzly fan

Morristown, TN

#32 Nov 30, 2010
Tate wrote:
Combs is a big fish in a small pond or rather, a blue gill in a puddle. He was a spoiled brat that thought he was sh!# on a stick because his daddy had a semi-executive position with the school system and his papaw used to be sheriff. And now he is the basketball coach at po-dung Grainger High and still thinks that he is sh!# on a stick. He must have one of those fun house mirrors that makes you look bigger than you really are. Face it Combs, this so called legacy or entitlement that drifts around in your small brain dosen't exist and it never did.
Well...guess what "Tater"! His pappy was Director of Schools, his grand-pappy was Sheriff, his big brother was head coach and is now an administrator for the school system, his little bro is Head Coach for the Lady Grizzlies, and guess what......he IS HEAD Coach for the Grizzly Men! I guess you'll just have to live with that now....won't you? At least he's got a "stick".....more than you'll ever have.
grizzly fan

Morristown, TN

#33 Nov 30, 2010
grizzly wrote:
Stop talking down on this team! Those boys are good! The ones getting to play are the ones that are proving themselves in practice. Leave it alone. Coach Combs is working hard. And the game they won, WHO CARES how many kids were on that team! Those boys played their hearts out and you stupid people can't take that away from them!
Now THAT'S a Grizzly Roar!
tiredofidiots

Morristown, TN

#34 Dec 1, 2010
I'm out of my cave to point out that you never answered the "close kin" question. You've answered that Brandon Davis is the "chosen one",but now trace the family tree for me. I'm sure in this county if you go back far enough everyone is kin in some way, but all Coach Combs "close kin" relatives are still in preschool/elementary school. Give me a break. You're searching now for excuses. Sounds like jealousy from older guys that these freshman are better players. I think everyone will notice improved morale with the team since these uncoachable kids with bad attitudes are gone.
grizzly fan

Morristown, TN

#35 Dec 1, 2010
tiredofidiots wrote:
I'm out of my cave to point out that you never answered the "close kin" question. You've answered that Brandon Davis is the "chosen one",but now trace the family tree for me. I'm sure in this county if you go back far enough everyone is kin in some way, but all Coach Combs "close kin" relatives are still in preschool/elementary school. Give me a break. You're searching now for excuses. Sounds like jealousy from older guys that these freshman are better players. I think everyone will notice improved morale with the team since these uncoachable kids with bad attitudes are gone.
Well said.......well said!!!!
Idiots

Morristown, TN

#36 Dec 1, 2010
To be honest, the team is garbage. I'll be suprised if they win more than one regular season game. The team is just bad.. I mean if it wasn't for hunter spaw we would be losing by about 40 each game. Also, Dna davis is a great player for the other team, I mean he makes more passes to the other teams rather than our own. hes completely clueless on the court, and all the coach says when he messes up is, "Ada boy davis great job!" its pretty pathetic if you ask me. So you won't be seeing me at the games, cause im not paying 5 dollars to watch us lose every game. Now the girls coach, justin combs, is a real coach unlike his brother derrick..
grizzly fan

Morristown, TN

#37 Dec 1, 2010
Idiots wrote:
To be honest, the team is garbage. I'll be suprised if they win more than one regular season game. The team is just bad.. I mean if it wasn't for hunter spaw we would be losing by about 40 each game. Also, Dna davis is a great player for the other team, I mean he makes more passes to the other teams rather than our own. hes completely clueless on the court, and all the coach says when he messes up is, "Ada boy davis great job!" its pretty pathetic if you ask me. So you won't be seeing me at the games, cause im not paying 5 dollars to watch us lose every game. Now the girls coach, justin combs, is a real coach unlike his brother derrick..
Thanks for staying away. Your $5 won't be missed, and neither will you :) GO GRIZZLIES!
Grizzlygrowler

Toledo, OH

#38 Dec 2, 2010
The teams record was 24-6 Combs first year and it was 6-17 last year. It is not about the coach but rather the talent level of the players. The girls have the talent right now. Both coaches know what they are doing.
childess

Waterloo, Canada

#39 Dec 2, 2010
I read this an think everyone on here is childess. We don't need to get on here an down our kids or the team. We need to suport them no matter what. Ya we have kids who think they better than everyone. An we have kids that whine an we have gets that don't get along. But look where they get it from. An the sad part is I think everyone on here is parents not the kids. But I bet the kids see it. That's sad. Grow up people an do something aboout it instead of whining. An I'm sure someone will come back an bash my spelling or what I've had to say cause that's all kids do. But grow up
grizzly fan

Morristown, TN

#40 Dec 2, 2010
childess wrote:
I read this an think everyone on here is childess. We don't need to get on here an down our kids or the team. We need to suport them no matter what. Ya we have kids who think they better than everyone. An we have kids that whine an we have gets that don't get along. But look where they get it from. An the sad part is I think everyone on here is parents not the kids. But I bet the kids see it. That's sad. Grow up people an do something aboout it instead of whining. An I'm sure someone will come back an bash my spelling or what I've had to say cause that's all kids do. But grow up
Well said.....well said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 3 min Sevier county truth 3,821
News Over 30 arrested following investigation into d... (May '11) 20 hr grimy phoxx 26
Momaskank Fri canthide 1
News 9,500 gallons of sewage spews into Fall Creek a... (Aug '13) Thu Tweety 35
Connie lampkin Thu Sbmen 10
LARRY SCOTT "The Preacher" BEWARE!!!!!!!! Wed Billy 6
Jacob Bridges?! (May '11) Jun 21 Hdjkkakksbbaj 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutledge Mortgages