Wreck at Highschool
Praying for the best

Lancing, TN

#1 Apr 18, 2011
I hear 4 students were in a pretty bad wreck. Don't have the details tho.
rutledge person

Powell, TN

#2 Apr 18, 2011
it was hannah white, isaac white, jordan campbell, and chase hunter. they got hit by a tractor trailer. lifestar came and got them, they are all responsive.

Since: Nov 09

Knoxville, TN

#3 Apr 18, 2011
thoughts and prayers
lucille

Morristown, TN

#4 Apr 18, 2011
Praying for the best wrote:
I hear 4 students were in a pretty bad wreck. Don't have the details tho.
my prayers and thoughts are with these families.our children are the closest things to our hearts.Donita God is with you and those children.A lot of prayers are coming your way.with God alll things are possible and they are his children.
stephanied

Morristown, TN

#5 Apr 18, 2011
My thoughts and prayers also go out with these kids. This situation is so scary and you never know what is going to happen. God be with these kids and families. I pray that he wrap his loving arms around them all and keep them safe and let them know that he is with them and give them strength.
saw it

Franklinville, NC

#6 Apr 18, 2011
they pulled right out in front of the rig, its a wonder they survived!!
saw it

Franklinville, NC

#7 Apr 18, 2011
4 kids in a regular cab pickup truck. shouldn't happen either!
question

United States

#8 Apr 18, 2011
how are they doing? i will be praying for them!
give it a rest

United States

#9 Apr 18, 2011
Lets not get carried away with the should of or shouldn't of. These are kids and they are not going to always make perfect decisions. Did you never get into a pickup with 4 people in it? Everybody needs to be praying for a full recovery for all of them and strength for the families. Please dont start criticizing them.
alcoholic

United States

#10 Apr 18, 2011
saw it wrote:
4 kids in a regular cab pickup truck. shouldn't happen either!
Isaac and hannah were in the cab and Jordan and chase were in the truck bed you idiot
prayers sent up

Lancing, TN

#11 Apr 18, 2011
alcoholic wrote:
<quoted text>Isaac and hannah were in the cab and Jordan and chase were in the truck bed you idiot
That's definitely not any better you idiot!! I'll be praying for all of them and there families! Maybe it will be a lesson learned and save some other kids from making the same mistake! God bless all of you!
trucker

Kingsport, TN

#12 Apr 18, 2011
My thoughts and prayers certainly go out to the families of those children, but lets not forget about the driver of the semi, he may not have been injured in the accident but was emotionally devistated.
idk

United States

#13 Apr 18, 2011
are the 2 boys alright? injuries?
give it a rest

United States

#14 Apr 19, 2011
They will be. One had a broken collar bone and the other had bleeding on the brain but they said he would be ok. I dont think hannah and issac were hurt too bad at all. The Lord was watching over them all.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#15 Apr 19, 2011
At least two Grainger County football players are recovering in the hospital after the truck they were riding in collided with a semi-truck.

Claire Welch lives just off Highway 11 West in Rutledge.
Monday afternoon, she heard an unusual noise.

"There was police and fire and ambulance, so I knew that something awful must have happened," Welch said.

She found out, all the emergency vehicles were rushing just a few miles up the road to Grainger High School.

According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, a 17-year-old was driving a truck with one passenger in the front and two in the truck bed.

The collision ejected 17-year-old Chase Hunter and 14-year-old Jordan Campbell from the bed of the truck.

Both teens play football for Grainger High School, and both were flown to UT Medical Center.

The front seat passenger, Hanna White, was taken by ambulance to UT.

The driver's name has not been released.

Rutledge residents feel for the high school students families, but say teens riding in truck beds has always been a problem in East Tennessee.

"It always ends badly, it's never a good scenario. And I don't know why people insist on letting people ride in the back of their truck," said Welch.

The students were just beginning their spring break, now all four are recovering from their injuries.

All four of the teens are in stable condition.

The driver of the semi-truck received no injuries.
Tara

United States

#16 Apr 19, 2011
Hannah and Isaac are both my cousins. Please keep them in your prayers along with our family. Also pray for Jordan and Chase and their families too. This is a difficult situation for people to be in worrying how and when they are going to recover. Hannah was released first with just seat belt rash and a cut above her eye and on her leg. Isaac has multiple problem such as liver, back, ribs, and lung. Jordan broke his collarbone and has a lot of road rash on his face and knees. Chase, I've not heard much from him but he was the one hurt the worst in this wreck with bleeding on the right side of his brain & maybe more things but like I said, I've not heard a lot on him. If anyone passed this wreck or seen pictures of Isaacs truck, you know god was right there with them. Not one of them should have made it out alive. Jordan was being released when I was leaving UT yesterday afternoon but his mother was wanting them to keep him longer, he didnt look like he needed to be going home. So as far as I know, Isaac and Chase are still being treated at UT, Jordan may, but like I said, I dont know what they decided to do. Thank you all for your prayers and continue to still pray. They're were so many visitors yesterday at UT that is was overwhelming. People just kept comin in from close family, to friends of family, 2 football coaches who were they're from the accident, and highschool friends. Leys pray these boys will recover soon and be released from the hospital to come home.
thnx

United States

#17 Apr 19, 2011
Tara wrote:
Hannah and Isaac are both my cousins. Please keep them in your prayers along with our family. Also pray for Jordan and Chase and their families too. This is a difficult situation for people to be in worrying how and when they are going to recover. Hannah was released first with just seat belt rash and a cut above her eye and on her leg. Isaac has multiple problem such as liver, back, ribs, and lung. Jordan broke his collarbone and has a lot of road rash on his face and knees. Chase, I've not heard much from him but he was the one hurt the worst in this wreck with bleeding on the right side of his brain & maybe more things but like I said, I've not heard a lot on him. If anyone passed this wreck or seen pictures of Isaacs truck, you know god was right there with them. Not one of them should have made it out alive. Jordan was being released when I was leaving UT yesterday afternoon but his mother was wanting them to keep him longer, he didnt look like he needed to be going home. So as far as I know, Isaac and Chase are still being treated at UT, Jordan may, but like I said, I dont know what they decided to do. Thank you all for your prayers and continue to still pray. They're were so many visitors yesterday at UT that is was overwhelming. People just kept comin in from close family, to friends of family, 2 football coaches who were they're from the accident, and highschool friends. Leys pray these boys will recover soon and be released from the hospital to come home.
thnx for an update on them,thoughts and prayers are with all of them and the families.they go to school with one of my friends.i hate to hear such an awful story like this.
Tara

United States

#18 Apr 20, 2011
Isaac & Chase are both out in reg. rooms now!!! God is so good!!!Please keep praying for all 4 kids & their families!!!
abc123

Morristown, TN

#19 Apr 20, 2011
There was a wreck in Wasburn this weekend involving a teenager. Does anyone know if he is ok?
abc123

Morristown, TN

#20 Apr 21, 2011
abc123 wrote:
There was a wreck in Wasburn this weekend involving a teenager. Does anyone know if he is ok?
To whoever replied that my comment was off topic, who cares...i am very concerend and there is nothing in the Washburn section about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Washburn churches (Nov '14) 5 hr Lol 18
does creed daniel still practice law 8 hr kimmy 1
Is Kenny Chesney 15 hr Ann 4
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) Mon Tiger43 4,768
Dwight jordan Mon Mad as hell 1
Local EMS/Ambulance service/Paramedics... (Mar '10) Sun Kory 58
in blaine Sep 17 just wondering 1

Rutledge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance