10 arrested in Grainger Co. drug bust

10 arrested in Grainger Co. drug bust

There are 26 comments on the WVLT-TV Knoxville story from Sep 14, 2011, titled 10 arrested in Grainger Co. drug bust. In it, WVLT-TV Knoxville reports that:

Ten people were arrested following a raid on a Grainger Co. home. Authorities not only nabbed the man they said had a working meth lab in the basement, they also arrested nine others who they claim showed up wanting to buy drugs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WVLT-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brother

Eastover, SC

#1 Sep 14, 2011
who were the 10
Interested

Morristown, TN

#2 Sep 14, 2011
Brother wrote:
who were the 10
Go to the citizen Tribune and they name them.

How's that for CASPER? All you loudmouths who complain all the time about the Sheriff doing his job. Guess you feel real stupid now dont you? You sure look that way to me !
Queen

AOL

#3 Sep 14, 2011
Interested: It's been talked all over the county for months (perhaps years) that these people were dealing. Is Casper just now getting a clue?
I do not feel stupid. I feel resentment that Casper is drawing a check for doing as little as possible. He's about as useless as tits on a boar hog.
Oak Tree

New Market, TN

#4 Sep 15, 2011
Amen Queen!

Interested, if you had bothered to read the artical you might have learned that Layel went to arrest 1 person. Many others showed up to buy drugs while he was there. That does not make Layel smart or hard working, it makes him lucky. I went to the sheriff's office myself about a year ago and told them Gann was dealing drugs and running drugs from FLA. I guess it took Layel a year to find him in this great hugh, over populated county of ours. Truth be known Layel couldn't find his own ass with directions, a map and a tracking dog.

Are you going to tell us how great of a job Mouse is doing too? Here is some advise for you. Just say no to drugs because you must be high yourself!
casper

Morristown, TN

#5 Sep 15, 2011
Casper is a joke. Did you see that interview on 8? He is so dumb! Hey I'll bet ya he has channel 8 on speed dial.
tina

Morristown, TN

#6 Sep 15, 2011
wonder if Trish Smith was one,it would serve her right they better get her b-4 I do.
Oak Tree

New Market, TN

#7 Sep 15, 2011
I bet you are right Casper. I would also bet that Layel was not with them when they went to bust Gann. They called him on the phone when more and more of the local pill heads showed up. He speed dialed the TV station and headed over there for his photo opt. He never misses the chance to put his mug on the news and tell the public about his war on drugs. The only thing he could go to to war on is a box of doughnuts!
observer

Powell, TN

#8 Oct 6, 2011
Jesus, you people are clueless!!! No wonder they say that TN is the stupidest state in the country.
Oak Tree

Knoxville, TN

#9 Oct 6, 2011
observer wrote:
Jesus, you people are clueless!!! No wonder they say that TN is the stupidest state in the country.
Maybe you should move and our rating might get higher.
Stupid idiots

Denver, NC

#10 Oct 7, 2011
Oak Tree wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should move and our rating might get higher.
here you all go blaming the the sheriffs department. I bet you all didnt know that he has made more drug busts in a year than any other sheriff in the past. Hell, I bet half of you all on here are nothing but a buch of meth head basterds anyway who give grainger co and the stat of tennessee a bad name
Queen

AOL

#11 Oct 7, 2011
Stupid idiots:
If there have been so many drug busts, we still have a serious problem, don't we?
There are new addicts every day. That is not good news.
If there are more busts, there is a clear indication that lots of drugs are being manufactured, bought, sold, and used.
That would indicate that druggies no longer fear being caught and punished.
The "stat of tennessee" already has a bad name for drug usage, and it does not appear that elected officials are going after users.
to funny

United States

#12 Oct 7, 2011
Stupid idiots wrote:
<quoted text>here you all go blaming the the sheriffs department. I bet you all didnt know that he has made more drug busts in a year than any other sheriff in the past. Hell, I bet half of you all on here are nothing but a buch of meth head basterds anyway who give grainger co and the stat of tennessee a bad name
well where is the big 87 presentments he had? And what about the 5 that ran on them the other day from the lab they busted cause they was to busy talking and not watching them lol yeah good job lol
Stupid idiots

Denver, NC

#13 Oct 7, 2011
to funny wrote:
<quoted text> well where is the big 87 presentments he had? And what about the 5 that ran on them the other day from the lab they busted cause they was to busy talking and not watching them lol yeah good job lol
well what do you think they was gonna do since they knew for sure they was gonna go to jail. Do you think that they were just gonna lay down and let them. Come on, this is grainger co. if you didnt know by now, you need to move to another co haha
Stupid idiots

Denver, NC

#14 Oct 7, 2011
Queen wrote:
Stupid idiots:
If there have been so many drug busts, we still have a serious problem, don't we?
There are new addicts every day. That is not good news.
If there are more busts, there is a clear indication that lots of drugs a
re being manufactured, bought, sold, and used.
That would indicate that druggies no longer fear being caught and punished.
The "stat of tennessee" already has a bad name for drug usage, and it does not appear that elected officials are going after users.
Well maybe it would help if you bunch of lousy parents would be more strict on who you all let you children run around with. Most of the drug heads in this county are high school drop outs who hung around the wrong crowd because their parents let them. So stick that in your crack pipe and smoke if you havent already:)
Oak Tree

Knoxville, TN

#15 Oct 7, 2011
Stupid idiots wrote:
<quoted text>Well maybe it would help if you bunch of lousy parents would be more strict on who you all let you children run around with. Most of the drug heads in this county are high school drop outs who hung around the wrong crowd because their parents let them. So stick that in your crack pipe and smoke if you havent already:)
It seems evident after reading you last couple of posts that you would not know poop from apple butter without tasting both. There are parents of drug addicts in this county who did raise their children right. Their kids were sent to school, took to Church, and were involved with sports. Their children are still addicts. Your kids can run into the "Wrong Crowd" at school, church, or any other place they go. Did you ever stop to think that the reason he has made so many busts is because the problem has got larger? Probably not, since your head seems as empty as your statements.

Further more if anyone is on drugs, it seems to be you. My mind is intact and not wasted on mind altering chemicals. I am not sure we can say the same for you. Remember, just say no!
Stupid idiots

Denver, NC

#16 Oct 8, 2011
Oh yeah im on drugs alright. Cocaine is my all time fav. Your so retarded and judgemental. You sittin on your fat ass all day looking at my replies to your stupid posts isnt helping the situation one bot. Who else would you want sheriff? Turley, who has no law enforcement expirience at all? I swear I think if jesus showed at ypur hpuse, you wpuld throw rocks at him because all you do is try to start shit about somebody. Your prob just mad because one of the ten people they busted was related to you. Its not like the sheriff is gonna listen to all the bullshit that goes on on here. He prob has to hear people like you calling and complaining all the time. I do know one thing. If he runs again, he will be reelcted. see we can keep this arguement up as long as you want to but the fact is, I dont see any other sheriff going outta their way on vacation to listen to all your phone calls. He must be a nicer guy than I am because I would just tell you to go deal with it yourself :)
Oak Tree

Knoxville, TN

#17 Oct 8, 2011
We might as well deal with it ourselves. I am sure we could do a far better job, considering I am not bound by oath as he is. Personally, I would knock a few in the head, throw them in the truck and deliver them to the court house lawn. For your information he has never arrested anyone kin to me and if he did I would praise him for it. I would turn in my own mother for selling drugs. Lets face the facts, about all Layel can do is crow like a bainty rooster. He runs to the news station every time he gets LUCKY enough to make a bust and starts crowing.

I saw the other night were the sheriff in Cocke County had busted drugies and taken all of their property. Their officers were driving new cars. These cars were paid for by the sale of drug property. Guns, Cars, Boats and any other things that they could take from them. Is Layel too dumb to put this idea to work?

He will run again, of that I am confident. However, I don't think for one minute that he will be elected again. I do not suggest that Turley should be sheriff. I like him less than Layel.

By the way, if Jesus shows up at my door I will let you know. I'll put in a good word for you and ask him if he can help you with that drug problem of yours. I think I will ask him for a hard working, ethical, fair and intellegent man to run for Sheriff too.
Queen

AOL

#18 Oct 8, 2011
Stupid idots:
I'm not sure yu would recognise Jesus if he came to your door. His name is always capitalized. You show the Savior of the world total disrespect, and you talk pretty nasty before Him.
You are also mistaken when you say that I'm not selective about allowing my children to associate with bad people. I don't have children.
You could also use some basic tutorials in the proper useage of the King's God English and grammar.
All the mis-spelled words, poor punctuation, and poor sentence structure speak volumes about your lack of good breeding, good education, and the lack of effort for self-improvement on your part.
Your critical comments about Oak Tree sitting on his fat ass responding to your comments only points to the fact that you spend more time on your computer that he does. That would be the pot calling the kettel beige, wouldn't it?
Perhaps you should stop being so critical and take all your time to try to prevent and punish drug abuse.
Stupid idiots

Sharon, SC

#19 Oct 8, 2011
Queen wrote:
Stupid idots:
I'm not sure yu would recognise Jesus if he came to your door. His name is always capitalized. You show the Savior of the world total disrespect, and you talk pretty nasty before Him.
You are also mistaken when you say that I'm not selective about allowing my children to associate with bad people. I don't have children.
You could also use some basic tutorials in the proper useage of the King's God English and grammar.
All the mis-spelled words, poor punctuation, and poor sentence structure speak volumes about your lack of good breeding, good education, and the lack of effort for self-improvement on your part.
Your critical comments about Oak Tree sitting on his fat ass responding to your comments only points to the fact that you spend more time on your computer that he does. That would be the pot calling the kettel beige, wouldn't it?
Perhaps you should stop being so critical and take all your time to try to prevent and punish drug abuse.
what kind of religion is yours? Because I have never read anywhere in the bible where it commands us tp capitalize the saviors name haha
Stupid idiots

Sharon, SC

#20 Oct 8, 2011
Oak Tree wrote:
We might as well deal with it ourselves. I am sure we could do a far better job, considering I am not bound by oath as he is. Personally, I would knock a few in the head, throw them in the truck and deliver them to the court house lawn. For your information he has never arrested anyone kin to me and if he did I would praise him for it. I would turn in my own mother for selling drugs. Lets face the facts, about all Layel can do is crow like a bainty rooster. He runs to the news station every time he gets LUCKY enough to make a bust and starts crowing.
I saw the other night were the sheriff in Cocke County had busted drugies and taken all of their property. Their officers were driving new cars. These cars were paid for by the sale of drug property. Guns, Cars, Boats and any other things that they could take from them. Is Layel too dumb to put this idea to work?
He will run again, of that I am confident. However, I don't think for one minute that he will be elected again. I do not suggest that Turley should be sheriff. I like him less than Layel.
By the way, if Jesus shows up at my door I will let you know. I'll put in a good word for you and ask him if he can help you with that drug problem of yours. I think I will ask him for a hard working, ethical, fair and intellegent man to run for Sheriff too.
oh before you go startin drama about me on here like you do everyone else, im not on drugs. That just goes to show that you dont know shit about anyone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IGA closing 1 hr I Know 3
Darla Byrd (Nov '12) 1 hr I Know 5
Akins on Hwy 61 in Luttrell 2 hr 1Ucbl 1
l.m.w. 12 hr Poor baby 5
Grainger county sheriff dept soap opera .Brando... 12 hr Citizen 3
Buck Dalton 17 hr Wanting to know 1
Toby Cameron in domestic..has wife put in jail 19 hr Rpd 8

Rutledge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance