Morristown, TN

#1 Nov 18, 2012
I AM WONDERING HAVE EITHER OF YOU TWO MEET JIM HANNON IN PERSON
Whisp

White Pine, TN

#2 Nov 18, 2012
CONCERNED wrote:
I am not Either of the two, but I have met Jim Hannan and I can personally tell you that if he runs for sheriff , he WILL have my VOTE. I know that he has been here since around 2005 but I will say that Mr Hannan knows more about Grainger Co and how it is run and what is going on more than we think. He is trained and has made a career out of the field of knowing and getting a case done. I believe that he will also make sure the Grainger Co has a judge that will help him enforce the law and get it done right and fair.
cannot

Morristown, TN

#3 Nov 18, 2012
For Whisp the Sheriff do not pick the Judge .the people vote the Judge in office.The county Commission set the Sheriff budget.He don,t have the money to do what he saids he would do if he was Sheriff.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 18, 2012
I have not met with Mr. Hannan in person yet, but I have been in contact with him. I feel sure we will meet in person soon. I like Mr. Hannan's ideas and motivation to change things. Feel sure that when I meet with him, I will post my thoughts about him.

Cannot, the sheriff does not pick the judge, you are correct. However, if the judge is not doing his job, the sheriff could make things hard for him. Layel could grow a set himself and get something done about the rat sitting on the bench, but he doesn't. Just, as he doesn't do a lot of things, like back ground checks on ex-cons entering our school system, telling the truth to the news media, protecting the citizens of Grainger County, just to name a few.
Whisp

White Pine, TN

#6 Nov 19, 2012
I know that the sheriff does not put the judge in office , the people does. There has been no one to run against the present judge BUT when the judge in Knoxville was hearing and putting sentences on the arrested and he was caught doing drugs and ect. they got rid of him as judge. This is the same in any judge , if illegal doing are sighted by attorney general or higher officials , there has been a reason to get rid of the judge in our county , but probably no one wants that position or something. Who knows what the reason is. But as for Hannan,or anyone else that has this office, I believe they will have alot of restless night and worry . that is if they do the job correct.
native family

Beaverton, OR

#7 Nov 19, 2012
CONCERNED wrote:
My wife and I met Jim Hannon about a year ago, in fact we see Mr. Hannon and his wife at IGA at times. We find him and his wife very personable and intelligent. He is a real gentleman. He has our vote, he will do us well and will not put up with trash. Anyone who has not met him should.
Queen

United States

#8 Nov 22, 2012
Concerned: I have e-mailed with Mr. Hannan, but we have not met yet.
As many of you know, I have several serious health issues, and, with the mounting pressures of up-coming holidays, my (long, drawn-out) chemotherapy, the risk I face from exposure with others, and the exhaustion brought on by even the most minor physical activity, I have not asked for a meeting time with him.
Being the gentleman that he is, he has not pressed me for a meeting, though my little birds have told me that he is eager to meet me and discuss his platform and goals.
At this time, and with his goals, he's the man I plan to support.
As Oak Tree stated, when we meet, we will let you all know what else we can learn, and what goals we plan to achieve.
I've heard he's quite a gentleman, and I have been touched that he has e-mailed, asking about my health.
I like that about the man....tough on crime, tender and caring with the sick and needy.
That was sort of like the way Jesus did business, wasn't it? He healed the sick while condemning the criminal element, no matter what the social positions were of either.
Queen

United States

#9 Nov 22, 2012
cannot: You might be pleasantly surrised at the number of generous people who might be watching to see if Mr. Hannan is as devoted to his platform as he says he is. Then, when they see that he has the courage of his convictions and the spine to stand up against criminal activity, they might be forthcoming with all kinds of donations to help him fund these goals.
I would much rather give to a needy public cause which could benefit the whole county than to allow thieves to carry away my property, knowing that only their drug suppliers are enriched.
I now publicly state that I will financially help to support some of Mr. Hanan's noble goals if he is elected and initiates some of these programs.
This is no hollow claim of philanthropy.
There are many in this area who have at some time asked me for help, and I'm glad to help those I can. But my help to a few is somewhat limiting, and the help that Mr. Hannan and his ideas can bring to our county will be a tremendous investment in the future of this county for many years to come.
But we also need help with enforcement of the law now, which Casper has failed miserably to provide.
I want to be able to be safe, and to be able to keep my property safe...RIGHT NOW!
I want my neighbors to be able to go to church and return to find their homes the same as when they left.
I want the children in this county to grow up in a drug-free environment, our churches to be free from burglaries and vandals, our parking lots to be free from drug dealers, and our laws to be obeyed...by EVERYONE, no matter what their last name is.
...and I believe that Jim Hannan wants these things for us all, too.
I would not want the job of sherrif, and wouldn't know how to do the job should I be drafted. Mr. Hannan knows the requirements, he has experience, he has the 'fire in his belly' for the job, and he has noble aims which I admire.
HE CAN do the job.
If we have to pay more to keep criminals in jail, I'd still rather they be there than out re-committing. If we need another cruiser, I'd rather spend the money for it NOW than to find people robbing Smith's Drug Store while all our cruisers are over in Washburn chasing some hopped-up drunk with a car in his hands.
As for the money, I'd be willing to pay to see the show when 'Big Jim Hannan' starts cracking down and letting the criminals see how it feels to be a victim. Heck, I'd even bring one of my lovely, 50's era, webbed, folding lawn chairs and one of my hand-painted patio parasols and cheer on the show.
wondering

United States

#10 Nov 22, 2012
o boy mr hanna is in for a real treat when he meets queen.she may not be as holy as one may think...
LOLOL

Kodak, TN

#11 Nov 23, 2012
Any person that would attempt to spring board his announcement for public office, in a topix forum, is off the charts. I know Grainger is just a little bump in the road, but seriously, I know you people aren't this stupid. Also, anyone that would preface their implied run, based on the two people that have some of the most questionable behavior, here.......speaks volumes to me! Anyone that writes volumes to a simple post, and I mean almost five thousand words with each post, screams.....CAREFUL!
Queen

United States

#12 Nov 23, 2012
LOLOL: I'd be willing to bet that you don't even KNOW 5,000 words.
What To Be Serious

White Pine, TN

#13 Nov 24, 2012
This is all I am going to say, check out and listen and ask before you get to high on the horse.
village idiot

Morristown, TN

#14 Nov 24, 2012
LOLOL wrote:
Any person that would attempt to spring board his announcement for public office, in a topix forum, is off the charts. I know Grainger is just a little bump in the road, but seriously, I know you people aren't this stupid. Also, anyone that would preface their implied run, based on the two people that have some of the most questionable behavior, here.......speaks volumes to me! Anyone that writes volumes to a simple post, and I mean almost five thousand words with each post, screams.....CAREFUL!
Nuff said,you nailed it on the head!
just wondering

Beaverton, OR

#15 Nov 24, 2012
village idiot wrote:
<quoted text>Nuff said,you nailed it on the head!
"village idiot", "what to be serious" "whisp" you are all the same person. stop playin ur games dude.
Liberty

Knoxville, TN

#16 Nov 24, 2012
Queen wrote:
Wow...
Your TRUE colors came out faster than I expected them too.
LOLOL

Knoxville, TN

#17 Nov 25, 2012
Queen wrote:
hahahahahahahaha....you're so lost, figure it out! I would just "gut" you, but you're not worth the time, mine or anyone elses, loud mouth, woman of deep South. Pray tell, whom are you pretending to be today? I don't want an answer, they're all nothings, same name, different days, still stupid and rambling as ever. Go back and play your silly little games, asp....no.....that is not a typo, I'm trying to keep my big girl panties on and not let you have it with both barrels, You remind me of a "flea allergy", just when you think you've eradicated the pests, it starts back up again...itch, scratch, there ye go, you loud mouthed old bag!
Queen

Knoxville, TN

#18 Nov 25, 2012
LOLOL wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahahahaha....yo u're so lost, figure it out! I would just "gut" you, but you're not worth the time, mine or anyone elses, loud mouth, woman of deep South. Pray tell, whom are you pretending to be today? I don't want an answer, they're all nothings, same name, different days, still stupid and rambling as ever. Go back and play your silly little games, asp....no.....that is not a typo, I'm trying to keep my big girl panties on and not let you have it with both barrels, You remind me of a "flea allergy", just when you think you've eradicated the pests, it starts back up again...itch, scratch, there ye go, you loud mouthed old bag!
You are obviously a non shaving, non tooth brushing hippy. You also are obviously an animal hoarder.

By the way, I'm a Queen. That makes me a man. An ASS LOVING homosexual.

Now what?
LOLOL

Knoxville, TN

#19 Nov 25, 2012
Obviously there are two, and neither have a chance at being the brightest in the constellation, lmao. Go away and get a hit or two, back it up when you're able, obviously you're not the one my post was intended for!
Queen

Knoxville, TN

#20 Nov 25, 2012
LOLOL wrote:
Obviously there are two, and neither have a chance at being the brightest in the constellation, lmao. Go away and get a hit or two, back it up when you're able, obviously you're not the one my post was intended for!
Are you speaking to The Queen? You weren't smart enough to elaborate.
Sorry.
Queen

United States

#21 Nov 25, 2012
This is Queen, and I'm the real one.
Someone has obviously been posting under MY name.
I have been on-line very little for the last few days, as I have been battling the flu. The Queen's consort has been taking good care of me, and Oak Tree has kindly offered to come and see to any need I might have. That's what true friends do for you.
Oak Tree has known me personally for many years, and you LOLOL types either know very little about me or you are the kind of people who are never happy. I call you people 'Grumblers'. You'd complain if you were in Heaven (an unlikely scenario), and you're never happy until you have something to complain about. You enjoy poor health. And you are 'toxic' people.
I have always backed up anything I've ever posted, and on the few occasions that I and Oak Tree have met to talk with you detractors, you've not shown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Haddock 20 min Kim 3
Kristy Jane 30 min Metoo 51
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Just now 86
Spooky Places in Jefferson City 4 hr cpa76 2
comments on karen spencer 4 hr cpa76 6
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 6 hr Don 5,109
jefferson city cops 14 hr Peggy 26

Rutledge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutledge Mortgages