Grainger County Jail
Jim Hannan

United States

#1 Nov 3, 2012
Much has been said about our county jail. I have been barraged with emails, messages and phone calls most of the day. Right at the moment I am on a fact finding mission to actually verify some of the all allegations that are being circulated. Although, I am not surprised by the level of the allegations, what I am surprised that we have not heard from Scott Layel about such alleged allegations. As I had wrote before, the jail must undergo a cleansing, if the alleged allegations are substantiated. I can assure you, if I were sheriff and these allegations were in fact substantiated any employee who is implicated in such activity, or, if any employee has intentionally withheld information of such activity shall be subject to immediate dismissal. Now,if any employee is involved in anyway with the trafficking of any drug, or, any contraband within the confines of the jail will be subject to dismissal and or prosecution, or both.
Each sworn employee takes an oath, to uphold the law. If that employee fails to comply to that oath and to the statutes that guide us all, I can assure you that it will be a new law enforcement agency and jail when I take office. The first time I would have heard of any such allegations of misconduct, I would have placed an undercover operative decoyed as a new inmate. None of the staff, no the inmate population would know the undercover. I have been part of that type sting operation such as I described, and, it saddened me to arrest one of our own.
This is not the first time such allegations were unveiled, this has been a problem for sometime. If, the public expects law and order from the sheriff's department, how could I maintain the law in my own home (law enforcement & the jail) I can assure you now, I have been looking into these allegations in an attempt to ascertain without any reasonable doubt that such alleged allegations are substantiated. I would never tolerate such alleged activity in any manner and I will hold any and all of those responsible for such activity. I do believe for the most part that we have good employees, honest employees and employees that would not tarnish the badge. It those few that may have corrupted the system.
So, please, unless you have substantiated evidence, it appears that very little can be performed. But, you will have a choice in 2014, let's not go back to the past.
Home

United States

#2 Nov 3, 2012
Send home the ones working there Barry nicely Scott son Jake Jason Roberts that's a start
Queen

United States

#3 Nov 3, 2012
The more I hear fom you, Mr. Hannan, the more favorably I am impressed with you.
I would vote for almost anyone ho would unseat the present corrupt sherrif and his scandal-ridden administration, and you are sure a breath of fresh air. I hope and will pray that you can get elected and fulfill your promises. I love this area, but I'm constantly embarrassd by our public officials and their conduct.
I have heard that you cannot be elected becuse you are not fom this area.
Well, sir, I'm not from this area, but I have a (very well heard) voice, I have lots of influence, and I vote...in EVERY election. I also have a very visible real estate address, and, I assure you, if you will remain true to your convictions and promises, there will be a HUGE yard sign in my yard, endorsing you as sherrif.
I want so badly to be proud of our county government again, and right now, you are my hope.
We have several county office holders who are retiring out of office. They have (as far as I know) done an admirable job.
But Casper will not go without a fight.
You appear to be 'gloved and ready', and I will be standing behind you, in your corner.
Be brave, be strong, and be consistent.
You CAN be elected. There is still a God, and He is still on His throne.
BlaineRoots

San Francisco, CA

#4 Nov 3, 2012
A pony ranch, a police sub-station in Blaine and undercover operatives.......WITHOUT a nickel more in taxes. The list is growing. And "if any employee is involved in anyway with the trafficking of any drug, or, any contraband within the confines of the jail will be subject to dismissal and or prosecution", does that mean he can do it outside the confines of the jail? Now you, an average citizen, are on a fact finding mission to determine if the allegations are true? I'm confident you have more sources than any other county official or reporter and can solve the problem. Top it all off with Queen suggesting you being elected is proof there's a God and he's still on his throne. I feel like a reporter covering obammer in 2008, I just got a tingle down my leg. If I sound cynical, maybe I am a little. Sounds like the same story you hear from everyone. AGAIN, I say, you have all this intimate knowledge of the budget and goings on of the sheriff's office, I ask for details of how you propose to do all the things you say? Be brave, strong and consistent---------let the truth flow.
Queen

United States

#5 Nov 4, 2012
BlaineRoots: That Queen calls on God to help us in a time of need is not a call on the atheists and agnostics in our community to make derisive comments and instill doubt in the electorate.
Mr. Hannan has stated that he realizes it's early in the campaign process, and that he will be holding public meetings with the voters to discuss how he plans to do what he has stated he will do.
That tingle running down your leg is probably evidence that you waited too long before starting for the toilet. Ask your doctor about Flomax.
native family

United States

#6 Nov 4, 2012
Queen wrote:
BlaineRoots: That Queen calls on God to help us in a time of need is not a call on the atheists and agnostics in our community to make derisive comments and instill doubt in the electorate.
Mr. Hannan has stated that he realizes it's early in the campaign process, and that he will be holding public meetings with the voters to discuss how he plans to do what he has stated he will do.
That tingle running down your leg is probably evidence that you waited too long before starting for the toilet. Ask your doctor about Flomax.
go queen, we are now convinced me and my wife tor vote Hannan. We are getting ready for church we are going to pray for Mr. Hannan. We have had with Layel. We began to think about Harville but then we thought we are going back to the same ole thing. Hannan is right.
BlaineRoots

United States

#7 Nov 4, 2012
Queen wrote:
"not a call on the atheists and agnostics in our community to make derisive comments and instill doubt in the electorate"

Your assumptions are far from true. I'm a redneck southern Baptist, born, breed, and re-born. You spend more time on here with fruitless comments and gossip than anyone I see. Furthermore, it is my job as a citizen of this county to make the electorate think and ask questions. I would also add that I'm an independent voter with no affiliation with Layel or Harville. Both were/are marginal to inept. You and Mr. Hannan continue to espouse how much confirmed knowledge you have of the corruption and illegalities that are happening in the current sheriff's office yet you sit on your asses and do NOTHING but talk. I have no use for either of you. Any concerned citizen with the great overflowing of knowledge you 2 have would be in front of the AG presenting your case. Something would be done now, not in 2 years. We have enough 'talk' in the office and from know-it-all citizens. Now, let's talk about 2 derisive blow holes.
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#8 Nov 5, 2012
I'm feeling safer already with Hannan (Maxwell Smart) and Queen (Agent 99) on the job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump sign on side of trailer 11 hr Whogivesafuck 5
Brick house 13 hr Neveragain 13
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 20 hr Truth hurts 3,774
crime beat May 26 Wow 2
Jered Smith who knows him May 25 Wow 4
sheriffs cover up of hubert williams (Jan '12) May 25 1who knows 8
DAVID PEAVLER lets stop there checks (Oct '11) May 24 Tina 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutledge Mortgages