Grainger High Sports Banquet 2012

Grainger High Sports Banquet 2012

Posted in the Rutledge Forum

Sue

Morristown, TN

#1 May 3, 2012
My child tells me that this year at the Grainger High School Sports Banquet that it will not be like years past. That they are only giving out awards for academic, all district, regional, state and a few others. I feel like this is short changing the kids that have been waiting their turn for other awards such as MVP, Grizzle Award, best Offense, best defense & etc.
Parent

Morristown, TN

#2 May 3, 2012
Sue wrote:
My child tells me that this year at the Grainger High School Sports Banquet that it will not be like years past. That they are only giving out awards for academic, all district, regional, state and a few others. I feel like this is short changing the kids that have been waiting their turn for other awards such as MVP, Grizzle Award, best Offense, best defense & etc.
I would suggest you do what I did and call the school. I disagree that is short changing anyone. I'm glad that the kids will be recognized in this way. The individual teams can have an awards time individually without making everyone sit through the entire program as it has been in the past. They get my vote in favor of the new format for the Sports Banquet. I would suggest that parents who are unhappy host a cookout for their individual team and do these "awards" in that venue. Not mad, just looking at things from a different perspective.
Nice

Germany

#3 May 7, 2012
:)
someone

Beaverton, OR

#4 May 30, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest you do what I did and call the school. I disagree that is short changing anyone. I'm glad that the kids will be recognized in this way. The individual teams can have an awards time individually without making everyone sit through the entire program as it has been in the past. They get my vote in favor of the new format for the Sports Banquet. I would suggest that parents who are unhappy host a cookout for their individual team and do these "awards" in that venue. Not mad, just looking at things from a different perspective.
why call it a sports banquet, its not one. they can just give those on awards day. they didnt have many ppl there. i dont know why they needed the same amount of money for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened on rocky branch road the other ev... 1 hr j reb 1
Another industrial park in Jefferson City? 4 hr Dumb politicians 3
JAGS Cheer (Aug '17) 12 hr delustional 16
Democrats running as Republicans to get elected... 20 hr Voter 6
Pioneers Sat Spencer 1
rob clevenger Apr 18 Robwho87 8
Roger Lee Apr 17 Too Funny 1

Rutledge Jobs

Personal Finance

Rutledge Mortgages