Warwick, RI

#24 Dec 20, 2010
Question wrote:
Funeral arrangements?
The family hasn't made the funeral arrangements yet
blessedin2010

Smithfield, NC

#25 Dec 20, 2010
Why did you have to mention names-these families are hurting enough are you a person that likes to create more pain..? You are not a good person and I can say that without even knowing you!!! you can keep ur comments to urself as far as I'm concerned-lives have been turned upside down and all you can do is bring up the situation to give others opportunities to propose ideas when they were not even there!!you are an ungrateful-unthoughtful human been!!!
Looking Glass

United States

#26 Dec 20, 2010
blessedin2010 wrote:
Why did you have to mention names-these families are hurting enough are you a person that likes to create more pain..? You are not a good person and I can say that without even knowing you!!! you can keep ur comments to urself as far as I'm concerned-lives have been turned upside down and all you can do is bring up the situation to give others opportunities to propose ideas when they were not even there!!you are an ungrateful-unthoughtful human been!!!
I can agree, but it's done now and nothing else has been said. We can drop it and concentrate on her memory now.
This isnt true

Morristown, TN

#27 Dec 20, 2010
hola wrote:
I knew her she was great it was between 2 and 4 in the morning and she was around a curb with some other girls and a truck was coming and the other girls got out of the way and she got hit so hard it knocked her out of her boots.. it was Mikey pruitt and they were all drunk. everyone needs to pray for this horrible loss
dude, you wasnt there..and you really shouldnt try to tell the story unless you know all the facts.They weren't all drunk fyi and you shouldnt have mentioned names on here im sure mikey feels bad enough without running his name in the ground. it wasn't a bunch of girls with her it was a close friend of mine and she has taken it really hard. instead of mixing up the story you should just pray for the Doane Family along with Chelsea Hayes and Andy Stanifur. i didnt know her but from what i hear she was a really amazing girl, i only heard about her through chels and tori they were all really closee, just let her rest in peace and pray for the family and friends that was with her that night, also for Mikey...it was only an Accident that ended in a terrible loss. may she rest in peace.
neighbor

Beaverton, OR

#28 Dec 20, 2010
Let it go. The circumstances do not matter. What does matter is a very sweet, loving and kind young lady has gone home to heaven. Her family is grieving. Everything else can be sorted out and gossiped about later. Tammy, Bocus and Jake, you are in our hearts and prayers. I can't imagine what you are going thru. Hold on to your faith, you will see her again someday.
just curious

Morristown, TN

#29 Dec 21, 2010
Looking Glass wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I knew both of them really well and they were always really close. All through high school they were friends. They were one of the few small groups of friends that were still hardcore close even after highschool. I know he has to be taking this hard. I know how much he cared about her... Melynda wouldn't want people bashing him over this. So please people, don't start talking about him- if anything pray for him. Afterall, this forum is about her and her family. They don't need to see things about him on here because I'm sure that with them being so close its already hard enough.
Moreover, I agree with the post a few up... seeing as how this just happened, I'm sure there are no arragements yet, but someone please post as soon as it's known... It'll be really appreciated.
Let's see some praises and celebrations of her life, beautiful memories that she has graced us with, and prayers or well wishes to friends and close family!:) She was so beautiful and carried such a beautiful heart within her! I'm sure there are several amazing things that can be said :)
So please guys, don't turn this into another bashing forum... we have enough of those and it's disrespectful to her memory.
Sorry for the loss, but if he was drunk he should feel bad-friend or not. If this was a random drunk driver, you would feed him to the lions. Friend or not drunk driving is still wrong.
my opinion

Morristown, TN

#30 Dec 21, 2010
This isnt true wrote:
<quoted text>
dude, you wasnt there..and you really shouldnt try to tell the story unless you know all the facts.They weren't all drunk fyi and you shouldnt have mentioned names on here im sure mikey feels bad enough without running his name in the ground. it wasn't a bunch of girls with her it was a close friend of mine and she has taken it really hard. instead of mixing up the story you should just pray for the Doane Family along with Chelsea Hayes and Andy Stanifur. i didnt know her but from what i hear she was a really amazing girl, i only heard about her through chels and tori they were all really closee, just let her rest in peace and pray for the family and friends that was with her that night, also for Mikey...it was only an Accident that ended in a terrible loss. may she rest in peace.
It was an accident but from what has been said it was due to drinking.It could be someone else next time.
rujoking

Morristown, TN

#31 Dec 21, 2010
Rutledge_Momma wrote:
yes i agree revealing the names is not right because mikey loved her they was like brother and sister. dont run these peoples names in the ground. it was a freak accident and they was all friends and have been for years.i knew if this got on topix people would start running their mouth and i'm sure by tomorrow it will all get turned around and people will post things they personally think or think they know when only the people who was there and family really knows whats happened. please dont dig anyones name in the ground or make them look bad because knowing mikey and melynda all my life i can tell u he is not taking this well at all she was his best friend and these families dont need to see this on here. they need to see how much people loved her and them
He is not taking it well? I suppose not! That is the problem with this county-nobody ever wants anybody to pay for their wrongdoings. A young person is dead, family and friends yes are indeed sad, but does tehe sadness take away the fact this is a possible drinking and driving issue?
sad

Waterloo, Canada

#32 Dec 21, 2010
I think the point was to memorialize her and pray for her family. Talking about the driver makes it about him not her......drunk or not it will hard for the driver especially since they were friends. This is a tragedy for ALL involved. You can't go back and change what happened by posting "rumored" details. The fact that a beautiful girl is gone and her family needs love and support is what matters most.
yes it does

Morristown, TN

#33 Dec 21, 2010
neighbor wrote:
Let it go. The circumstances do not matter. What does matter is a very sweet, loving and kind young lady has gone home to heaven. Her family is grieving. Everything else can be sorted out and gossiped about later. Tammy, Bocus and Jake, you are in our hearts and prayers. I can't imagine what you are going thru. Hold on to your faith, you will see her again someday.
The circumstances do matter if the law was broken.
not really

Morristown, TN

#34 Dec 21, 2010
Rutledge_Momma wrote:
yes i agree revealing the names is not right because mikey loved her they was like brother and sister. dont run these peoples names in the ground. it was a freak accident and they was all friends and have been for years.i knew if this got on topix people would start running their mouth and i'm sure by tomorrow it will all get turned around and people will post things they personally think or think they know when only the people who was there and family really knows whats happened. please dont dig anyones name in the ground or make them look bad because knowing mikey and melynda all my life i can tell u he is not taking this well at all she was his best friend and these families dont need to see this on here. they need to see how much people loved her and them
Sorry momma, got to disagree with you-this was not a freak accident if drinking was involved.
Anonymous

Wilmington, NC

#35 Dec 21, 2010
you people are horrible i knew this would happen i knew their would be ass holes get on this site and bash every bad thing that happened that night and make their selves look so much better. look he knws what he did was wrong but dont point all the blame on him everyone there was drinking. it just so happens when she went to jump out of the road he just so happened went to swerve the same way she went so yes its a freak accident. do u ppl have nothing better to do with ur free time?? do u think mikeys family or melyndas familywants to see ur hurtful comments? no im sure they dont want to be reminded of the tragedy at hand and what could have been done and should have been done. let her rest in peace people good god u all have no hearts at all to talk about something that u have just HEARD! u was not there so stop acting like u know it all and find another forum to bash ppl about thats not why this one was started. truth be known i wish no forums would have been started in the first place
sad

Waterloo, Canada

#36 Dec 21, 2010
Whether there was drinking involved or not doesn't matter.....she is gone and he will be held accountable IF he was drunk. It is not our place to judge. He will be judged in court if need be and God will judge him someday. I pray for both families involved. This is a tragedy and spreading rumors only makes it harder on the Doane family.
Looking Glass

United States

#37 Dec 21, 2010
just curious wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for the loss, but if he was drunk he should feel bad-friend or not. If this was a random drunk driver, you would feed him to the lions. Friend or not drunk driving is still wrong.
I can't imagine why anyone would reply to a post of mine, say that they are sorry for my loss, and make a statement that anyone wold agree with. Yeah, drunk driving is wrong. You must have graduated top of your class. Congrats.
I'm sure he feels terrible one way or the other just because he killed someone! And simply worse that it was his friend! Now, notice, that nowhere have I talked about drinking or drinking and driving being right. Out of all the rumors you've heard or spread, do you know where this happened?
The road they were on is a terrible road. There isn't much or a place to walk off the road and the roadside drops off in most places. It was late and dark, and she was walking. It would've been easy for anyone to have not seen her driving! ESPECIALLY with the way most people drive on these back roads!
What happened was an accident and quite possibly the result of a bad decision! He will have to answer to it, but not to you or anyone on this earth. And although this accident was his doing, that doesn't mean he has any less right to grieve just as I am doing! What was your reason for saying he should feel bad? That maybe you will make him feel worse?
By the way you said things, it looks like you didn't know either one of them. There are plenty of other mindless things to point out on this forum... go get em tiger. Leave this to rest and if you have a well wish for Melynda or her family, feel free to leave it. Otherwise, can we leave this alone?
interesting

Morristown, TN

#38 Dec 21, 2010
Looking Glass wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine why anyone would reply to a post of mine, say that they are sorry for my loss, and make a statement that anyone wold agree with. Yeah, drunk driving is wrong. You must have graduated top of your class. Congrats.
I'm sure he feels terrible one way or the other just because he killed someone! And simply worse that it was his friend! Now, notice, that nowhere have I talked about drinking or drinking and driving being right. Out of all the rumors you've heard or spread, do you know where this happened?
The road they were on is a terrible road. There isn't much or a place to walk off the road and the roadside drops off in most places. It was late and dark, and she was walking. It would've been easy for anyone to have not seen her driving! ESPECIALLY with the way most people drive on these back roads!
What happened was an accident and quite possibly the result of a bad decision! He will have to answer to it, but not to you or anyone on this earth. And although this accident was his doing, that doesn't mean he has any less right to grieve just as I am doing! What was your reason for saying he should feel bad? That maybe you will make him feel worse?
By the way you said things, it looks like you didn't know either one of them. There are plenty of other mindless things to point out on this forum... go get em tiger. Leave this to rest and if you have a well wish for Melynda or her family, feel free to leave it. Otherwise, can we leave this alone?
Truth hurts!
selfrighteous

Morristown, TN

#39 Dec 21, 2010
Rutledge_Momma wrote:
you people are horrible i knew this would happen i knew their would be ass holes get on this site and bash every bad thing that happened that night and make their selves look so much better. look he knws what he did was wrong but dont point all the blame on him everyone there was drinking. it just so happens when she went to jump out of the road he just so happened went to swerve the same way she went so yes its a freak accident. do u ppl have nothing better to do with ur free time?? do u think mikeys family or melyndas familywants to see ur hurtful comments? no im sure they dont want to be reminded of the tragedy at hand and what could have been done and should have been done. let her rest in peace people good god u all have no hearts at all to talk about something that u have just HEARD! u was not there so stop acting like u know it all and find another forum to bash ppl about thats not why this one was started. truth be known i wish no forums would have been started in the first place
Well, maybe you should lead by example and not post on here. You've got your nose in quite a few topix and it seems you are always in the right and everybody else shouldn't post their opinions.
Anonymous

United States

#40 Dec 21, 2010
i am close to the families i grew up with both families so i am right about this topic and how people should only say nice things. If you dont like that then i guess you're screwed. and how nice of u to notice me i'm so glad i'm the center of ur little pathetic world. would u like a cookie u special person you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wreck on Piedmont 1 min Concerned 1
Off The Hook get it together 13 hr Judgement 1
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 15 hr truth 3,825
News Over 30 arrested following investigation into d... (May '11) Fri grimy phoxx 26
Momaskank Fri canthide 1
News 9,500 gallons of sewage spews into Fall Creek a... (Aug '13) Jun 23 Tweety 35
Connie lampkin Jun 23 Sbmen 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutledge Mortgages