Biomass project meeting draws a skeptical throng

About 100 people gathered for three hours on Saturday in the grandstand of the former Green Mountain Race Track to hear from developers of a proposed 29-megawatt biomass power generation and wood pellet manufacturing facility, and to ask questions of their own. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
NIMBY

Middlebury, VT

#42 Sep 28, 2010
* would rather NOT suck slightly more polluted air.

My bad.
questions remain

Holyoke, MA

#43 Sep 28, 2010
PownalResident wrote:
Interesting reading here. The Beaver Wood lobbyist, Margaret Huessy-Laggis of Laggistics (listed in the Our Partners Section of the Beaver Wood Energy Website: http://beaverwoodenergy.com/our-partners/ ) present and active at a Vermont State Work Group Meeting in May 2010. Link: http://www.leg.state.vt.us/WorkGroups/BioMass...
Any relation, I wonder, to Hans G. Huessy, Esq., of Kenlan, Schwiebert, Facy & Goss??
it works

Granville, NY

#45 Sep 29, 2010
Keep calling the above
please

Granville, NY

#46 Sep 30, 2010
Please continue to dial your state reps including the secretary of state.

The models they are using are not correct for the town of pownal

The perpetual pollution will hang on to the hills on almost everyday subjecting the residents to particulates 24/7.

Phone and email the state level. If MA figured it out, VT should be able to also.

BioMass is NOT green. It's pure pollution that fell through the cracks as green.
grande fromage

Holyoke, MA

#47 Sep 30, 2010
why don't you wingnuts from williamstown pool your money and buy the track. That way you can all reap the benefits of your I Dream of Jeannie lifestyles
Vermonter

South Burlington, VT

#48 Oct 5, 2010
Thank got for those super intelligent flatlander Massholes! what would we do without your brilliant insights....

Thank you for fighting so hard for the coal industry...you all rock!
Rachel Roy

Greenfield, MA

#49 Oct 7, 2010
I didn't know intelligence stopped at state borders. Let's remember that opposition to biomass does not indicate support for coal.

I think Vermont people are smart enough to make good decisions when presented with accurate, logical facts. Apparently, you believe in the head firmly planted between your legs approach. Works for some! At least you won't be breathing the biomass emissions!

Get real, Vermonter. Don't hide behind the protection of a online ID.
Numbers

Bennington, VT

#50 Nov 14, 2010
was this a pre GMB forum? TT doesn't seem to be very active here either!
JKing

Bennington, VT

#51 Feb 25, 2011
{{{{{{{TO THE RESIDENTS OF POWNAL}}}}}}}

Become involved!

Get the facts!

Understand what biomass ACTUALLY is and does!

If you don't already know learn who your local, state and federal elected officials are!

If you don't already know learn who your local candidates are for this cycle are!

Contact them by phone, email, mail and or face to face and communicate your feelings, concerns and questions then demand answers to the hard questions!

Even if it's your first time and you don't like doing things like this please come to the Town Meeting on Monday February 28, 2011 7:30 pm at the Elementary School gymnasium!

Even if it's your first time and you don't like doing things like this please vote on Tuesday March 1, 2011 from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm at the Pownal Center fire station.

Educating yourself about the issues and voting are the only ways you can truely understand and be heard!

Don't sit there and let these users smile to your faces and laugh behind your backs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cigarette smoking dispute leads to stabbing in ... (Sep '09) Oct 22 HADYOURMOM 2
VT 2014 political candidate for U.S. Congress w... Sep '14 Vermonter 1
Man accuses judge of extortion, theft (Apr '09) Sep '14 Chicky 16
170 workers laid off after Rutland Plywood fire Aug '14 Kee Wess Bears 6
Gary Donahue for Mayor Aug '14 Ted Sheckler 1
Dale Fredette Painter Jul '14 Paul Hahrrgis 2
The Hero This City Deserves Jul '14 The Dark Nice 1
Rutland Dating
Find my Match

Rutland Jobs

Rutland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rutland News, Events & Info