History of Klan in Vermont reviewed

History of Klan in Vermont reviewed

There are 140 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Feb 20, 2011, titled History of Klan in Vermont reviewed. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

The Ku Klux Klan's short organized involvement in the state of Vermont was the subject of a well-attended talk at the Bennington Museum on Sunday, part of the Bennington Historical Society's monthly program of speakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Bob Stannard

Harwich, MA

#1 Feb 21, 2011
This is a great story and thanks to Ted Bird for raising our awareness. Hate, conflict, fear and prejudice know no boundaries. We're seeing it happen all over again today; much of it promoted on cable TV.

The best thing we can all do is to pay attention and speak out against it. If not, organizations such as this will surely take hold one day.
Concerned

Bennington, VT

#3 Feb 21, 2011
There is as lot of hate going around today-more than I have seen in the past 60 years. This hate is the hate of one ideology toward another.
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

#4 Feb 21, 2011
Lilly white Vermont doesn't need the Klan to discourage minorities from living there.
Lino Linguini

East Otis, MA

#5 Feb 22, 2011
These KKK crackpots also hate southern Italians. To that I say come on over to Sicily and try to burn a cross. When we are done with you you will be smoking like a cheap cigar.
La Verdad

Waterbury, VT

#6 Feb 23, 2011
Back around 1980 I learned that the Klan was active in Brattleboro in the 1950's. I was rather shocked.
advisor

Schenectady, NY

#7 Feb 23, 2011
Lino Linguini wrote:
These KKK crackpots also hate southern Italians. To that I say come on over to Sicily and try to burn a cross. When we are done with you you will be smoking like a cheap cigar.
now there is the New Klux Klan: 10x as many victims, kill you for nothing,no meetings,(MM preferred; usually from Brooklyn, glens falls, hudson, Albany, Troy, Utica, Springefield, tell your State police to contact NYPD, NYSPAOLE;MASS SP Schen PD, the orininators of the drug virus( and Wantaugh, LI)
advisor

Schenectady, NY

#8 Feb 23, 2011
Community Disorganizer wrote:
Lilly white Vermont doesn't need the Klan to discourage minorities from living there.
NYC wants to infect your children for much profit
Gumshoe

New Milford, CT

#9 Mar 17, 2011
The KKK and the neo-nazis have been discredited. But the black and hispanics and every other ethic group has lawyers and politicians in their back pocket.

Where are the defenders of traditional white culture??? That is what I want to know.

The multi-cultural miscegenators have their cult-hero in Obamarx who is not qualified to be president. Thank God for the pro-civilization leaders who are fighting back against the rock-drug-sex counter-culture of the left lunatics.
Southern Redneck

Florham Park, NJ

#10 Mar 17, 2011
Hey Vermonters, what's the secret to discouraging minorities from living in Vermont? Perhaps Howard Dean could host a how to town meeting on the subject.

Since: Feb 11

McHenry, MD

#11 Mar 17, 2011
Southern Redneck wrote:
Hey Vermonters, what's the secret to discouraging minorities from living in Vermont? Perhaps Howard Dean could host a how to town meeting on the subject.
"SNOW".........
LSU

United States

#12 Mar 17, 2011
Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
"SNOW".........
Alex, I happen to like snow as long as it isn't yellow!
rdc

Nanning, China

#13 Mar 18, 2011
It's a little disturbing that the Blank Panthers are getting a pass. We have essentially ended the KKK. Why not them. Same boat, different color.
rdc

Nanning, China

#14 Mar 18, 2011
Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
"SNOW".........
Let it Snow, let is snow, let is snow!!!!!!!

McHenry, MD

#16 Mar 19, 2011
Big White wrote:
Offer all the blacks jobs in Vermont. They will be in Florida within 24 hours!!!!!!!
Ahhhh Yes, Spring is approaching and the sounds of the Mullet Headed Redneck's are in the air....

Blacks make up for roughly 1% of the total population of Vermont
which is less than the Hispanic and Asian population in the state... Now what is 1% of 300,000 Billy Bob Redneck?????? "Times Up Brain Boy"!!!!! That would be 3000....

WOW, 3000 Black people spread out over 9000 square miles!!!!!
My theory is that they are there for the entertainment factor because they have never witnessed so many WHITE Folk acting like Ghetto Folk.... It's also part of a federally sponsored program where blacks are sent into rural areas like Vermont, to teach you white folk how to raise a family of 8 on $100 a week sense you like breeding your sister so much.....

Now don't tell anybody, but I hear tell these folks have a liking
for chicken so ya better hide your sexual playmate!!!!!

“Make your word impeccable.”

Since: Jul 09

East Bumble

#17 Mar 19, 2011
Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
What? They don't like sheep, you said chicken.

McHenry, MD

#18 Mar 19, 2011
Non Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
What? They don't like sheep, you said chicken.
No No No Buddy, ya got it all wrong and twisted....
What Billy Bob and his family use for sexual pleasure, aka
critters, is also used by people in the hood as a source
of culinary delight if mixed with the appropriate amount of
heat and lard/fat back.....
WTF

Brookline, MA

#19 Mar 20, 2011
Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh Yes, Spring is approaching and the sounds of the Mullet Headed Redneck's are in the air....
Blacks make up for roughly 1% of the total population of Vermont
which is less than the Hispanic and Asian population in the state... Now what is 1% of 300,000 Billy Bob Redneck?????? "Times Up Brain Boy"!!!!! That would be 3000....
WOW, 3000 Black people spread out over 9000 square miles!!!!!
My theory is that they are there for the entertainment factor because they have never witnessed so many WHITE Folk acting like Ghetto Folk.... It's also part of a federally sponsored program where blacks are sent into rural areas like Vermont, to teach you white folk how to raise a family of 8 on $100 a week sense you like breeding your sister so much.....
The word is "since" smart guy. See, even you don't know how to spll every word in the DICKshunary.

McHenry, MD

#20 Mar 20, 2011
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is "since" smart guy. See, even you don't know how to spll every word in the DICKshunary.
Attribute that error to a malFUCKtion on my iPhone....
Billy Bob

New York, NY

#21 Mar 21, 2011
Alex, we know your momma is on welfare and a darkie!
LSU

Summerville, SC

#22 Mar 21, 2011
Billy Bob wrote:
Alex, we know your momma is on welfare and a darkie!
And we know your momma is on a darkie and gets off on welfare!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rutland Focus Group - Earn $30 for your opinion. Sep 15 Tburns 1
News Police roundup (Aug '09) May '17 Ripflatlander 5
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Rutland May '17 VictorOrians 1
News Remaking Rutland with Refugees (Jun '16) Apr '17 TheReligionOfPeac... 8
News Man accuses judge of extortion, theft (Apr '09) Mar '17 DEPUTY DOG 33
News Hamilton's mayor makes top 20 on World Mayor List (Feb '17) Feb '17 GTA 1
News Man seeks to vacate sexual assault convictions (Feb '17) Feb '17 Dr Pendyke 1

Rutland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutland Mortgages