Police: Crash leads to fourth DUI charge

Police: Crash leads to fourth DUI charge

There are 23 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Dec 6, 2010, titled Police: Crash leads to fourth DUI charge. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Police said they cited a Bennington man for a fourth of offense of driving under the influence of alcohol after he crashed his vehicle Friday by the Pownal View Barn on Route 7. According to Vermont State Police, Terrance E. Lacette, 44, has two prior DUI convictions in New York and one from Georgia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bennington

Cambridge, VT

#1 Dec 6, 2010
Like all the other DUI drivers out there, 1. They didn't plan on driving drunk, 2. It's not their fault, it was the Beer or Wine or Drugs, 3.They always promise not to do it again if you let them off each time, 4. beside it was ONLY 1 BEER or glass of Wine or just a joint, 5.(The Big One) 3 strikes your out only applies to Felonies like Murder and you can ALWAYS plee bargain down because you feel real bad because you got caught. And don't forget in Vermont it's not a life it's just a FETUS !!
GMB

East Dorset, VT

#2 Dec 7, 2010
So all the good I've done to keep my license clean is all for naught, I simply just need to obtain a few DUI's and the police will allow me to drive anyWHERE!!!
, so WHY do EYE need to follow the rules and laws when all these drunks with their DUI's don't have to?
here is your solution to your not being able to keep multiple DUI recipients off the damned roads..PUT SOME SORT OF AUTOMOBILE ANKLE BRACELET ON THEM, THE SAME WAY YOU PUT THEM ON THE JAIL BABIES. PROBLEM SOLVED, THAT WAY ANYTIME THEY GET INTO A VEHICLE BEHIND THE WHEEL ...POLICE WILL BE ALERTED TO THEIR SATELLITE POSITION AND THEY CAN GO ARREST THEM AND KEEP SOMEONE FROM GETTING KILLED, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THIS KID IS GOING TO DO, KILL SOMEONE SOME DAY, HOPEFULLY HIMSELF. I'LL WAGER IF HE CRASHED INTO A COP CAR AND KILLED THE OFFICER, YOU COULD BET YOUR A S S THEY'D make SURE he didn't drive again huh buncha a'holes
IMO
done time in vermont

Argyle, NY

#3 Dec 7, 2010
GMB- run for presedent. Did you see the article in yesterday's rutland herald about the woman who got a 3rd dui when the 2nd one was still in court? She was out on $500 bail on the 2nd dui and got another dui, and the judge released her with the condition she was not allowed to posess any car keys.What a joke.
done time in vermont

Argyle, NY

#4 Dec 7, 2010
like who is gonna stop and pick up some black guy at 11 pm on the side of the road?
Matt

New York, NY

#5 Dec 7, 2010
Was it my wife Julie?????
4th time caught

Bennington, VT

#6 Dec 7, 2010
caught 4 times. how many times not caught?
nana says

Grand Isle, VT

#7 Dec 7, 2010
I think we should donate his an old VW with no working air bags and a leaky gas line for his next crash! Maybe throw in a gallon of gas for the front trunk just for good measure.
done time in vermont

Argyle, NY

#8 Dec 7, 2010
julie is fine, trust me
LSU

United States

#9 Dec 7, 2010
done time in vermont wrote:
like who is gonna stop and pick up some black guy at 11 pm on the side of the road?
I would!
hot driver

Argyle, NY

#10 Dec 7, 2010
done time in vermont wrote:
ME!
Matt

New York, NY

#11 Dec 7, 2010
Do you know Julie from jail?

“Buckwheat714”

Since: Dec 10

Rutland

#12 Dec 14, 2010
Start going to A.A. daily and I guaron-tee your drinking while it may not stop right away,it will not be anywhere as enjoyable as it used to be! The regular attendance of these meetings will slowly but surely work their way into your daily life and RUIN your drinking! Which by the way is the point of going to them. You have to stop drinking long enough to go. Even if it takes a legal intervention to get you into the rooms the A.A. way will help you to be miserable every time you take a drink and that is as it should be.Here's looking at YOU? See Ya!

Since: Aug 09

South Burlington, VT

#13 Dec 15, 2010
fourth offense? maybe he should start losing body parts for each subsequent offense (beacause you KNOW there will be more). Maybe that would deter the would be drunk drivers. A toe here, a finger there....better than having them kill someone else because they don't smarten up.
Bad Karma Sucks

United States

#14 Feb 20, 2011
Maybe he'll kill someone next time and you can only hope it is not someone you know ! Hopefully just himself. With a good lawer and the courts plea-bargaining he'll probally just get a light sentence of serving food at the mission for 2 weeks . Than he'll be out there again in his white van like a rolling casket !!!!!
Bad Karma Sucks

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2011
Google his name you'll also find he's a domestic offender too Schoharie county NY in 2004

Since: Feb 11

McHenry, MD

#16 Feb 27, 2011
Bad Karma Sucks wrote:
Google his name you'll also find he's a domestic offender too Schoharie county NY in 2004
What's your point????
The guy doesn't have a drinking problem, HE HAS A DRIVING PROBLEM!!!!
Warner Brothers Star

Cambridge, MA

#17 Feb 27, 2011
Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point????
The guy doesn't have a drinking problem, HE HAS A DRIVING PROBLEM!!!!
ummmm.... Alex, I thinks it's both. Along with the sundry hillbillyitis's that infest the neighborhood.

“Buckwheat714”

Rutland

#18 Mar 6, 2011
GMB wrote:
So all the good I've done to keep my license clean is all for naught, I simply just need to obtain a few DUI's and the police will allow me to drive anyWHERE!!!
, so WHY do EYE need to follow the rules and laws when all these drunks with their DUI's don't have to?
here is your solution to your not being able to keep multiple DUI recipients off the damned roads..PUT SOME SORT OF AUTOMOBILE ANKLE BRACELET ON THEM, THE SAME WAY YOU PUT THEM ON THE JAIL BABIES. PROBLEM SOLVED, THAT WAY ANYTIME THEY GET INTO A VEHICLE BEHIND THE WHEEL ...POLICE WILL BE ALERTED TO THEIR SATELLITE POSITION AND THEY CAN GO ARREST THEM AND KEEP SOMEONE FROM GETTING KILLED, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THIS KID IS GOING TO DO, KILL SOMEONE SOME DAY, HOPEFULLY HIMSELF. I'LL WAGER IF HE CRASHED INTO A COP CAR AND KILLED THE OFFICER, YOU COULD BET YOUR A S S THEY'D make SURE he didn't drive again huh buncha a'holes
IMO
-In Denver they install a breathalyzer on your car and the costs are paid by YOU! Agreed,stricter scenarios need to be put in place! I have 3 D.WI.s and got my last one in 92. Have not re offended since! WHY? I don't like jail. They put me in jail for my last one,I got the message! NEVER got a D.L.S. WHY? I don't like jail. G'day.

“Buckwheat714”

Rutland

#19 Mar 6, 2011
More needs to be done YES. Have you taken a close look at Vermont lately? We are a bit behind the wave. Keep screaming,some one might hear us sooner or later? See ya,be ya.
very concerned

Schenectady, NY

#20 Apr 30, 2011
he just got nailed for another DUI in NY on 4/25. Hit 3 parked cars

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A scandal deferred (Apr '06) Jun 20 Frank Hash 23
News Police: Man masturbating on the side of road Jun 19 Elmer 11
News Remaking Rutland with Refugees Jun 5 THE NEW ROAD 1
Town Hall Meeting---The People Won ! Feb '16 WATCHDOG 1
Debate: Marijuana - Center Rutland, VT (Sep '10) Jan '16 SNOOPLION 2
News Man accuses judge of extortion, theft (Apr '09) Jan '16 Anonymous two 31
News $1.9M heist still unsolved (Jan '10) Dec '15 cops are psychopaths 31

Rutland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance