Rutland rejects override for budget, Wachusett

May 15, 2012 Full story: Worcester Telegram & Gazette

Voters soundly defeated a Proposition 2-1/2 override that would have covered portions of the town's municipal budget and Wachusett Regional School District assessment at the ballot box - leaving the town's leadership with few options beyond layoffs, building closings and darkening streetlights if the district's voters approve the WRSD budget at ... (more)

Full Story
Concerned resident

Worcester, MA

#1 May 16, 2012
Holden needs to cut spending, and slim down. DPW could eliminate 4 people with no negative impact whatsoever. Also Fire dept. Could cut 3 people, and police 2 people. Would save the town approx $925K, with no impact to town service. I'm against employing people who don't work. Town needs to re-evaluate budgets. Turning off Street lights is not an option. Stats prove auto accidents increase in towns that cut street lights, and factors in to insurance rate increases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 4 hr Jtn 1,170
Debate: Gay Marriage - Holden, MA (Jan '12) Sep 26 Brian_G 16
Medical Lab Now Open in Rutland Sep 16 rrprecourt 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 Get a job 4,701
Safe Stolen In Super Bowl Ring Heist Found (Apr '09) Sep 7 ERIC 9
Montachusett Public Health Network offers Narca... Aug '14 Jtn 2
Mass. monks hope Trappist Ale will pay for agin... Jul '14 Laurie Mann 1

Rutland News Video

Rutland Dating
Find my Match

Rutland Jobs

Rutland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rutland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rutland

Personal Finance