Man killed in Rutherford Crash

Man killed in Rutherford Crash

There are 6 comments on the The Asheville Citizen-Times story from Oct 23, 2008, titled Man killed in Rutherford Crash. In it, The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

RUTHERFORDTON Charges are pending in a fatal crash Wednesday afternoon that killed a Rutherfordton man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Asheville Citizen-Times.

Chris

Titusville, FL

#1 Oct 24, 2008
I knew both of these young men and believe in my heart that Travis would not want Taber to be charged. Regardless if the 85-86 mph were to be true or not, this is a serious unfortunate event, but Travis was there together in whatever it was. Travis had helped teach Taber to fly and had spent years with this young man helping to mold his life. They were out being kids together, unfortunately it turned bad and sad, I am personally sad for humanity as Travis was a superlative person. I know Taber is absolutely destroyed about this and will carry the pain of this event with him for the rest of his life, charges and governmental punishment or not. The multitude of good that Taber has done and the reality that Travis could have said slow down or stop and Taber would have, as Travis was Taber's mentor, should not be lost in the desire for legal retribution. However sad this is, society nor Travis would be served by a pursuit of Taber. Let us pray for both families and move toward healing, "let he who have not sinned cast the first stone". Respectfully, my opinion as one who personally knew and cared for them both. Chris
Chris

Dallas, NC

#2 Oct 25, 2008
This guy better get punished, just becasue they were friends does not mean he should get away with being an idiot.
Chris

Dallas, NC

#3 Oct 25, 2008
There is a term for describing what happend.

inˇvolˇunˇtary manˇslaughˇter

That is what happened.
Chris

Greenville, SC

#4 Oct 27, 2008
At his youthful age Travis had achieved so much. I remember well how he worked so hard on all his ratings. He was a bright star on the airport and everyone admired this handsome intelligent young man. He was just an outstanding, unique human being. I cannot imagine the terrible grief heaped upon his family after this tragic death.

I remember Randall too. Such a loss! Such a loss!

Oh, God, and now losing Travis was such a waste! So much talent lost to the world forever.

I get choked up every time I think about it.

Also I grieve for Taber and his family, and for his father who gave so much time and love and was so close to Travis.
Chris

Montgomery, AL

#5 Oct 30, 2008
You can't turn the law off when you want. It applies to everyone.(so they say)

Question: What would you expect, if say, this had been a drunk driver?
fcmama

Forest City, NC

#6 Nov 5, 2008
this is a sad situation. i know car accidents happen every single day somewhere. but when it's this close in your home town, you still feel the sadness for the family and friends for their loss even though you didn't know the person personally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherfordton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Anyone Get Kilt in Your Tornado (Jan '12) Dec '15 Redneck 2
Wilbert Plastics (Mar '15) Nov '15 Reen 9
Tri Cities Mall (Jun '15) Nov '15 caruthers 3
old hollis school fire? (Feb '10) Nov '15 B Rupp 12
News Capital murder trial set to begin (Mar '06) Oct '15 Lisa Romero 26
Airport Authority shady dealings (Sep '13) Sep '15 Gypsylife 4
What happen in forest city? Sep '15 Gypsylife 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutherfordton Mortgages