Local doctors' licenses suspended

Local doctors' licenses suspended

There are 22 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Local doctors' licenses suspended. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Two local doctors have had their medical licenses suspended, according to a bimonthly report released by the North Carolina Medical Board.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Native WNC Boy

Suffolk, VA

#1 Mar 13, 2009
Well, what would you suspect from a Dr."Crummie", exemplary performance?
Sweetpea

Manteo, NC

#2 Mar 13, 2009
Thank God that the N C Medical Board is on top of it. Been too slack in the past on the sins of the doctors. Lots of good ones and I know they are human but some need to be taken away from the public. Now if they could filter out the ones that are giving prescriptions to anyone that ask for them. This is a big problem and we all know it, especially those on medicaid and get all those freebies. I take one med a day and it cost me $120 per month with insurance. I have a neighbor who is on medicaid and her grown son 45 year old felon and they bring home sacks of meds each month. Of course, we are paying for them. Have a great week-end. This is lucky Friday 13 so take advantage of it.
Weaverville Resident

Sherrills Ford, NC

#3 Mar 13, 2009
Suspend hel_!

Get rid of both of the losers for good!
Old Black Joe

Kernersville, NC

#4 Mar 13, 2009
These hillbilly doctors do some strange things.
Right On It

Suffolk, VA

#5 Mar 13, 2009
Old Black Joe wrote:
These hillbilly doctors do some strange things.
You know, we used to have wonderful caring doctors that even made house calls till all these damned Yankees, quacks, Floridiots and charalatans invaded our mountains. Since then, it's been all downhill!
Huh

Savannah, GA

#6 Mar 13, 2009
Old Black Joe wrote:
These hillbilly doctors do some strange things.
Yeah, drinking alcohol and reacting to disturbing personal phone calls... So strange. I mean, what kind of idiot drinks beer or has personal feelings?
grmofasheville

Hickory, NC

#7 Mar 13, 2009
Well that's two more on my list not to see, thanks N.C. Medical Board for the heads up.
Pedestrian

Waynesville, NC

#8 Mar 13, 2009
While I have little sympathy for "Dr. Crummie" (lol), I do have to wonder about the other case. On the one hand, leaving emergency room patients untreated can have dire consequences. On the other hand, from a patient standpoint, I sure don't want anyone doctoring me when they're freaked out of their minds over something like an upsetting personal call. I think there should be some framework in place for when a doctor or nurse is having personal problems that might interfere with their ability to work, without having to punish them to this extent... then again I don't know the details in this case.
ice

United States

#9 Mar 13, 2009
Pedestrian wrote:
While I have little sympathy for "Dr. Crummie" (lol), I do have to wonder about the other case. On the one hand, leaving emergency room patients untreated can have dire consequences. On the other hand, from a patient standpoint, I sure don't want anyone doctoring me when they're freaked out of their minds over something like an upsetting personal call. I think there should be some framework in place for when a doctor or nurse is having personal problems that might interfere with their ability to work, without having to punish them to this extent... then again I don't know the details in this case.
easy find a replacement before you leave and let someone over the emergency room know that you need to leave
Sorry For You

Sherrills Ford, NC

#10 Mar 13, 2009
Old Black Joe wrote:
These hillbilly doctors do some strange things.
Sorry, but that is no "hillbilly" name, fool. I feel sorry for you as all you can make are negative comments. It really points to what a lowly station that you are in life. You might be happier back under your rock with the other maggots.
Nurse

Charlotte, NC

#11 Mar 13, 2009
ice wrote:
<quoted text>easy find a replacement before you leave and let someone over the emergency room know that you need to leave
It isn't that easy. Hospitals don't schedule extra licensed personnel.

Since: Nov 07

United States

#12 Mar 13, 2009
Right On It wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, we used to have wonderful caring doctors that even made house calls till all these damned Yankees, quacks, Floridiots and charalatans invaded our mountains. Since then, it's been all downhill!
Your comment is just as dumb as "Old Black Joe"
grmofasheville

Hickory, NC

#13 Mar 13, 2009
leaving emergency room must be a common thing for the doctors, the last time I was there I had to wait, wait, wait.
grmofasheville

Hickory, NC

#14 Mar 13, 2009
ice wrote:
<quoted text>easy find a replacement before you leave and let someone over the emergency room know that you need to leave
He would have been better off if he would have told someone he was sick and had to seek medical treatment.Hehehe.
Truth RX

Sherrills Ford, NC

#15 Mar 13, 2009
dadoldfart wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment is just as dumb as "Old Black Joe"
Right On It's comment was no where near as dumb as the maggot Old Black Joe. There is a lot of truth to that!
A friend from Asheville

Greenville, SC

#16 Mar 13, 2009
I came to know Dr. Crummie on a social/personal level and, before anyone asks, not as a Patient. He is absolutely a top-notch Doctor, Scholar, and a fellow human being that is not perfect. For what it is worth, both DWI charges were dismissed by the State. However, he is cognizant and humble enough to realize that this behavior was not that of a professional. He owned up to it and now he is in compliance with the Medical Board. His license is active. Alcoholism is a progressive and fatal disease and I am pleased that he has been diagnosed this early in his career:) At least he is dealing with it. I wish you the best Dr. Bob
Weaverville Resident

Sherrills Ford, NC

#17 Mar 13, 2009
Right On It wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, we used to have wonderful caring doctors that even made house calls till all these damned Yankees, quacks, Floridiots and charalatans invaded our mountains. Since then, it's been all downhill!
Then maybe you otta haul butt!
Doc Holliday

Eddyville, KY

#18 Mar 13, 2009
A friend from Asheville wrote:
I came to know Dr. Crummie on a social/personal level and, before anyone asks, not as a Patient. He is absolutely a top-notch Doctor, Scholar, and a fellow human being that is not perfect. For what it is worth, both DWI charges were dismissed by the State. However, he is cognizant and humble enough to realize that this behavior was not that of a professional. He owned up to it and now he is in compliance with the Medical Board. His license is active. Alcoholism is a progressive and fatal disease and I am pleased that he has been diagnosed this early in his career:) At least he is dealing with it. I wish you the best Dr. Bob
This early in his career, he is 72 yrs old !
As I see it

United States

#19 Mar 13, 2009
Did anyone mention Dr. Crummie is a psychiatrist?
A friend from Asheville

Greenville, SC

#20 Mar 16, 2009
Doc Holliday wrote:
<quoted text>
This early in his career, he is 72 yrs old !
Yes, he is. He has been helping others for 40+ years and may be deserving of a little understanding and compassion himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherfordton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart chicks Nov 15 Poomba 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Nov '16 404 error 34
Vote for Donald JTrump Oct '16 MAGA 1
News 2 dead, 2 injured in weekend shootings (May '06) Oct '16 ping ping ping 2
Walmart parking lot sex Sep '16 Poomba 1
looking for siblings with last name Grace Sep '16 connie Liverett 1
Pro wrestling in spindale to help beat up cancer Sep '16 David 1

Rutherfordton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutherfordton Mortgages