Ticketmaster to change online sales p...

Ticketmaster to change online sales process after dust-up over ...

There are 21 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Ticketmaster to change online sales process after dust-up over .... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Ticketmaster agreed Monday to change its online sales process after it directed people seeking Bruce Springsteen tickets to a subsidiary that charged up to 50 times the face value.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
daniel

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 24, 2009
ticketmaster is the devil. that is all.
Casey M

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 24, 2009
I hope they could now start investigating Ticketmaster's much reviled "convenience" add-on charges to ticket prices. This adds another $10-$30 PER ticket for the privelage of doing business with Ticketmaster. Total gouging of the fan.
Robin_S

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 24, 2009
Totally agree w/ Casey M.! My favorite is the choice of paying $7.50 to print your tickets at home or $4.50 to have them mailed. Why would it cost more if they have $0 cost if we print at home???!!!
==========
I hope they could now start investigating Ticketmaster's much reviled "convenience" add-on charges to ticket prices. This adds another $10-$30 PER ticket for the privelage of doing business with Ticketmaster. Total gouging of the fan.
Crabby

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 24, 2009
Ticketmaster is the reason I don't like to go to concerts or shows anymore. Their fees are mind boggling.
BigDoggie

United States

#5 Feb 24, 2009
I refuse to pay Ticketmaster service charges for anything. If it's not possible to purchase tickets at a venue box office free of the TM charges, I will not buy tickets. Period.
Boy George

United States

#6 Feb 24, 2009
BigDoggie wrote:
I refuse to pay Ticketmaster service charges for anything. If it's not possible to purchase tickets at a venue box office free of the TM charges, I will not buy tickets. Period.
My sentiments exactly! Even then, tickets cost too much, so until people stop going to concerts, expect to bend over and say "Thank you!"
Ernest T Bass

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 24, 2009
"improve service to fans"...stop it....you're killin me!
Jennifer

United States

#8 Feb 24, 2009
I hate Ticketmaster. I have to really, really want to see a show and also have no way to get to the box office before I will pay TicketMaster their outrageous fees.
Bert Fave

Danielson, CT

#9 Feb 24, 2009
Springsuck does!
Springsteen fan

United States

#10 Feb 24, 2009
I generally don't go to ticketmaster events but really wanted to see Bruce Springsteen at the United Center. The TicketNow option with tickets much more expensive occurred immediately and the ticketmaster tickets were also sold out immediately. Now, I have a ticket that I'd like to sell back and can't. Is the IL attorney investigating this for us?
Buster

Cicero, IL

#11 Feb 24, 2009
I despise ticketmaster. This merger should never go through.
Jack Stephens

Riverside, IL

#12 Feb 24, 2009
Absolutely NO to this merger. If Ticketmaster wants to improve its service then it should be able to do so. Look whats happened to the phone company.
TCP

Hammond, IN

#13 Feb 24, 2009
Live Nation is no better. They both suck.
RogerD

Riverside, IL

#14 Feb 24, 2009
The scam here in Illinois was that they legalized scalping. I'd love to know who got paid off to get the state legislature to approve it. Of course TicketMaster and the venues are all part of the scam as well.
Stop your whining

Mchenry, IL

#15 Feb 24, 2009
Seriously, quit your whining.
Not that I agree with redirecting the traffic, but at the end of the day the people put in their credit card number right? They knew they weren't on Ticketmasters website. So who's fault is this?
So what

Buffalo Grove, IL

#16 Feb 24, 2009
Reject the merger. This is proof of the kinds of tactics that will be undertaken and will go unaddressed if this criminal enterprise is allowed to expand their activities.

Hopefully, if there is any justice, Ticketmaster will be sued out of existance.
Springsteen fan

United States

#17 Feb 24, 2009
RogerD wrote:
The scam here in Illinois was that they legalized scalping. I'd love to know who got paid off to get the state legislature to approve it. Of course TicketMaster and the venues are all part of the scam as well.
Ah, interesting. When did this happen? How many states is it legal in?
Springsteen fan

United States

#18 Feb 24, 2009
Stop your whining wrote:
Seriously, quit your whining.
Not that I agree with redirecting the traffic, but at the end of the day the people put in their credit card number right? They knew they weren't on Ticketmasters website. So who's fault is this?
The issue is that you can't get the tickets for the Ticketmaster price but only for the jacked up prices on TicketsNow. They aren't complaining about buying from TicketsNow, they're complaining about not being able to buy from Ticketmaster. And TicketsNow appearing to be Ticketmaster.
Stop your whining

Mchenry, IL

#19 Feb 24, 2009
"The issue is that you can't get the tickets for the Ticketmaster price but only for the jacked up prices on TicketsNow. They aren't complaining about buying from TicketsNow, they're complaining about not being able to buy from Ticketmaster. And TicketsNow appearing to be Ticketmaster. "

They never appeared to be Ticketmaster. The website said "Ticketsnow". That should have given everyone the first hint. I don't feel bad for them at all. If I think I can afford something, I buy it. If not, I don't. They put their credit card numbers in, so it is their fault and crying poor mouth after. Tell Springsteen to lower his ticket prices. If he cared about the fans so much the tickets wouldn't be $400 a pop to begin with.
Springsteen fan

United States

#20 Feb 24, 2009
Stop your whining wrote:
They never appeared to be Ticketmaster. The website said "Ticketsnow". That should have given everyone the first hint. I don't feel bad for them at all. If I think I can afford something, I buy it. If not, I don't. They put their credit card numbers in, so it is their fault and crying poor mouth after. Tell Springsteen to lower his ticket prices. If he cared about the fans so much the tickets wouldn't be $400 a pop to begin with.
Springsteen wasn't selling tickets for $400 a pop. Ticketmaster tickets were $65 and $95.(and frankly there was a discrepancy between the map and pricing when the tickets went on sale which was later corrected. Some seats were shown as $65 but cost $95) TicketsNow was reselling them at $400 a pop. That's the issue. It's not about feeling sorry for the people who paid more, it's about Ticketmaster rigging the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Victory Nightclub @ Meadowlands U2 and Journey ... Oct 12 2U The U2 tribute... 2
Nutley Tax Re-Assesment (Feb '06) Oct 8 kemo-savy 63
Review: Alfonse De Meo Law Office (Dec '08) Sep 29 Someone 10
News Lakewood is a town divided. Here are the bigges... Sep 27 Realist 2
News Acme closing Bergenfield supermarket Sep 21 Bergenfieldlinda 2
U2 and Journey Tribute concert at Victory Bar @... Sep 21 2U The U2 tribute... 1
News DUI arrest is second for Hudson County s... (Mar '09) Sep '17 Ggg111 15

Rutherford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutherford Mortgages