Al Gore introduces 7 Point Pledge' to...

Al Gore introduces 7 Point Pledge' to curb global warming

There are 35 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 28, 2007, titled Al Gore introduces 7 Point Pledge' to curb global warming. In it, Newsday reports that:

Al Gore on Thursday called on people around the world to sign a "7 Point Pledge" promising personal action in curbing global warming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#23 Jul 6, 2007
Bill wrote:
"During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."
As a congressman, Gore was one of the first to support the internet when there was pressure to block its development. He's a politian, not an inventor and he was talking about his political work.
http://archive.salon.com/tech/col/rose/2000/1...
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
"[A]s the two people who designed the basic architecture and the core protocols that make the Internet work, we would like to acknowledge VP Gore's contributions as a Congressman, Senator and as Vice President. No other elected official, to our knowledge, has made a greater contribution over a longer period of time."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore_controve...
Sometimes politicians trip over their tongues. He did take the initiative in supporting the development of the internet, but that's not how he put it, and his choice of words left him open to ridicule. It happens.
Your hot buddy Gore voted for the war, along with what's her name remember.
Airplane Maker

Englewood, CO

#24 Jul 6, 2007
Sinajuavi wrote:
Of course amid all the Gore-bashing, there is no argument against human-induced global warming.
Anyone in the public eye needs to travel by jet, etc... Nobody complains about Cheney's or GW's lifestyles (not to mention their treason...).
Conservative (fascist) hypocrites are the deadweight slowing down progress on this and many issues. They are clearly an anti-social, in fact sociopathic, force in this society.

While natural cycles may be the primary motive force behind the current warming cycle, human input is part of the picture. Eliminating CO2 emissions makes sense for many other reasons, in any case. Environment aside, alternative energy sources and conservation reduce USA dependence on oil from terrorist states such as Saudi Arabia. That alone should be an impetus for change...but oh no, corporate profits are involved, and nothing can threaten those!
Check out the lifestyles of the rich in the USA. Nobody is complaining about the corporate board members' wastefulness and usurpation of resources. That is sacrosanct. USA rednecks can only criticize anyone they perceive to be "on the left" (in the USA that means anyone to the left of the Archduke Ferdinand).
Anti-environmentalism has come from the same crowd regardless of the issue, and regardless of global warming. It is motivated by corporate interests in paying NO TAXES for ANYTHING, and in not having to modify their earth-destroying behavior FOR ANY REASON.
The unelected corporate powers in this country, virtually un-regulated since the Reagan regime, are to blame for most of our problems but since they own ALL the media (which they then crow is "liberal" lest any news reported reveal their involvement in dragging society down), we will hear little about it.
Anti-environmentalists: keep listening to Rush and laugh as the animals die. That is the level of your mentality. You are traitors.
Cut the crap. The "global warming frenzy" is nothing but thinly disguised class envy/Marxism, using the environment as an excuse to attack The Rich and Evil Corporations.

I asked the question before, I'll ask it again. EVEN IF the earth was warming up, and EVEN IF it was due to human activity, WHAT do you want to do about it except run around and rant about The Rich and Evil Corporations? BE SPECIFIC.(Hint: I'll bet he says increase taxes, regulate luxury, spread the wealth)

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#25 Jul 6, 2007
Bezerkus wrote:
The reason this has become political is because no one knows the effect we are having and they are not able to prove it. It is why religion is so hottly debated. This is their religion. They are picking and choosing facts to support their own agendas. Agendas that have been in place since environmentalism began. Just as some religions pick and choose facts to support their own claims in order to further their own credibility.
The difference is the 90% of the media reporting belong to the religion they are reporting on, hence the 72 hours of donated TV time being done on a concert of media hungry, over-indulgent, guilty-feeling artists, all in the name of raising awareness. Although I may support certain alternative fuels and ideas to reduce pollution, I won't strive to be carbon neutral or give my money to carbon credit companies, just as I wouldn't give to rich televangilists.
The difference in this religion is that science is involved and it has the ability to prove them right or wrong given the proper research. Scary climate crisis talk will come and go like the wind, but science will stand the test of time.
GLOBAL WARMING:
Baby boomer narcissism and new age mythology.
History will laugh.
mr carbon spewer gore

Avon, IN

#26 Jul 8, 2007
One of his 7 points should be leading by example and shutting his carbon spewing hypocritical piehole.
katfish

Rayville, LA

#27 Jul 8, 2007
sounds as if little gore is giving out boyscout badges. But then again, the way he raised his hand, you would have thought he was being sworn in as president. It's too bad that his supporters are the ones who can't seem to get the dope rope out of their noses.
Pyramid of Numbskulls

Chicago, IL

#28 Jul 8, 2007
add:
1 square of toilet tissue per shit

I'm sorry, some one already said that
Centaur

Gilbert, SC

#30 Jul 8, 2007
Mr Gore. I have a suggestion. Take the seven points add five and attend liars anonymous. I think you are still suffering from the Clinton presidency. Where lies deceptions and criminal activity abounded
Johnny Reb

United States

#31 Jul 8, 2007
All you people that are ridiculing Al Gore just better leave him alone. Can't you see he is crazy as a loon!
Johnny Reb

United States

#32 Jul 8, 2007
all you people picking on Al Gore better leave him alone. Can't you see he is as crazy as a loon!
Mr Giblets

India

#33 Jul 9, 2007
Johnny Reb wrote:
all you people picking on Al Gore better leave him alone. Can't you see he is as crazy as a loon!
that's a deal, Johnny, only if he leaves US alone. Keep him in Tennessee, we don't like him coming to the UK. He is too big for our restaurants. Already he has bankrupted 5 "Eat all you can" Hog-roasts.
bystander

Hale, MO

#34 Jul 9, 2007
what is the 7 point pledge?
huh

Carmel, IN

#35 Jul 9, 2007
Mr Giblets wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a deal, Johnny, only if he leaves US alone. Keep him in Tennessee, we don't like him coming to the UK. He is too big for our restaurants. Already he has bankrupted 5 "Eat all you can" Hog-roasts.
Wait a minute. I thought as a greenie, you cant eat pork, beef, etc. What the .... Al? Your still eating hogs?

“southern comfort_God Bless”

Since: Apr 07

Huntsville, Alabama

#36 Jul 9, 2007
hypocrit...through and through. Two-faced...through and through.

“southern comfort_God Bless”

Since: Apr 07

Huntsville, Alabama

#37 Jul 9, 2007
I heard the reason there was not a good turn out at the July 7 concert - was because the weather was too nice!!! Go figure...In order to have all these people play at the concert, isn't that going against what Gore is "preaching"? Look at all the equipment and not to mention the airplanes to and fro....you know pretty much the crowd that was there, was there just for the music....Global Warming...whats that?:)
Mr Giblets

India

#38 Jul 9, 2007
Jenny_alabama wrote:
I heard the reason there was not a good turn out at the July 7 concert - was because the weather was too nice!!! Go figure...In order to have all these people play at the concert, isn't that going against what Gore is "preaching"? Look at all the equipment and not to mention the airplanes to and fro....you know pretty much the crowd that was there, was there just for the music....Global Warming...whats that?:)
in Britain, we like a bit of Global warming, as we are fed up with cold miserable damp weather, and really like a scorching HOT summer. Perhaps they all thought Al was going to IMPROVE the British weather? Drug-headed rock concert goers are not the brightest of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wallington NJ Rent Leveling Board, Mount Pleasa... (Apr '08) Jul 20 Mad tentant 12
News Michael J. Fox, Coldplay go 'Back to the Future... Jul 18 rcu0610 1
News Lyndhurst woman indicted on sex charges involvi... Jun 30 anoer 1
job postings in nutley township (Jun '15) Jun '16 leopard 2 16
News DUI arrest is second for Hudson County s... (Mar '09) May '16 Jerzeegrl 8
News Haley Chiropractic celebrates 16 years (Apr '10) May '16 Jordan 6
Anthony Puntolillo is a dishonest thief May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2

Rutherford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutherford Mortgages