Al Gore introduces 7 Point Pledge' to curb global warming

Full story: Newsday 35
Al Gore on Thursday called on people around the world to sign a "7 Point Pledge" promising personal action in curbing global warming. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Don

United States

#1 Jun 29, 2007
Would one of the 7 points of the pledge be not to fly hither and yon on private jets?
NIMBY Island

Trumbull, CT

#2 Jun 29, 2007
"Al Gore introduces 7 Point Pledge' to curb global warming" Please Al save this nonsense for the Hollywood hypocrites. Solutions to global warming and clean energy will not come from dopey slogans, pledges, and sound bites from energy gluttons like Gore, Pelosi, Wall, and Zoi. Real solution will come from real science and techology. The inconvient truth is, the best technology for now is nuclear power, a subject Al Gore is clueless about.
Gore Blimey

UK

#3 Jun 29, 2007
I pledge:

to only have one house
to stop flying about everywhere
to keep off TV
to stop using the output of a whole power station
to stop eating for 10 minutes
to try stronger laxatives
to take a vow of silence

7 points to save the Earth from loony hippies.
GONE

Morganton, NC

#4 Jun 29, 2007
won't he ever go away???

“The Truth Will Set You Free”

Since: Jun 07

Gainesville, FL

#6 Jun 29, 2007
I see all of you AGW zealots can't handle the fact that your high priest is still proving himself an elitist who just wants to rule over [and screw] all while preaching abstinence.

You have GOT to give up on this idiot.
Mr Giblets
#8 Jun 30, 2007
the fat fraud has even got himself a page in the "SUN", our biggest circulation paper. Hopefully nobody will read it and skip to the Paris Hilton stories.
Stoneman

Boulder, CO

#9 Jun 30, 2007
Hey, our buddy Al has made a lot of money preaching global warming. And he darn near got to sleep with Babs Streisand.

Don't dismiss this lunacy as one man's enterprise and a mobs hysteria. SOMEBODY in politics got the fuel-from-corn malarky going and now the price of milk is through the roof. And of course you know the stupid citizen doesn't realize why E85 fuel is a buck a gallon cheaper (hint: tax subsidies).

So look forward to a CARBON TAX on fuel. It's gonna happen. Betcha.
NIMBY Island

Trumbull, CT

#10 Jun 30, 2007
I was shopping for a car at a GM dealership. As part of his sales pitch, the saleman was telling me how these vehicles can run on E85; I asked him, what am I going to do with a car that runs on E85.
Stoneman

Boulder, CO

#11 Jun 30, 2007
And for those that can't connect the dots, THE TAXPAYER is paying for the E85 gas THROUGH TAXES. Real efficient, huh? It's a dollar cheaper at the pump but costs MORE to make than the regular gas, so we pay the government, who turns around and subsidizes the E85 fuel and corn.

It's absurd. But we can't stop it.
aniladesai

San Francisco, CA

#12 Jul 1, 2007
al gore thinks his bs about global warming is his ticket to the white house
AdrianWhite LakeOzark MO

Lincoln, NE

#13 Jul 3, 2007
Lets stand up and give AL GORE a chance. What have the other political people done for us and the environment EXCEPT give us HOT AIR and NO RESULTS.
Let's help get AL GORE in the 2008!!!!
We need results in the political world and the environment..........time is running out!
Adrian White
Bill

Canada

#14 Jul 3, 2007
The trouble with Gore is that he turns global warming into a party issue. He should have let someone else take center stage, but now that he's taken on the "warming spokesman" job he should stay out of party politics. You can't ride both horses.
Dr_ Kiladeer

Warsaw, Poland

#15 Jul 4, 2007
Al Gore video where he claims to have invented the Internet.

So don't tell me he never said that anymore...
Kinabbarro

Bangkok, Thailand

#16 Jul 4, 2007
Al Gore has a $35,000.00 per year electric bill, he lives in a 22 room mansion with a heated swimming pool and travles all over by jets, which rip huge holes in the Ozone layer.

But he thinks we should consume less energy.
What a pompous hypocrite.

Maybe he should lecture his fat retarded pothead of a son on the dangers of drinking and driving as well as speeding while you are drugged out and carrying drugs.

OH, the press will bury that story quickly and he will get off free like that last 4 times he got busted driving while drunk, on drugs, or with his headlights off at night while drunk, etc.

To Jail for Paris Hilton who did it only twice, fatboy Gore has already done it four times and gotten away with it every time.

Funny Gore video, by the way.
Barn_Hill_Road

Bangkok, Thailand

#17 Jul 4, 2007
I was in Monroe, Connecticut. Thailand is much more fun and interesting.

I even graduated from Masuk High.
PepperStreet_Fan _Hill

Polska, Poland

#18 Jul 6, 2007
Barn_Hill_Road wrote:
I was in Monroe, Connecticut. Thailand is much more fun and interesting.
I even graduated from Masuk High.
So what? I went to Chalk Hill and Fawn Hollow.
Sinajuavi

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jul 6, 2007
Of course amid all the Gore-bashing, there is no argument against human-induced global warming.

Anyone in the public eye needs to travel by jet, etc... Nobody complains about Cheney's or GW's lifestyles (not to mention their treason...).

Conservative (fascist) hypocrites are the deadweight slowing down progress on this and many issues. They are clearly an anti-social, in fact sociopathic, force in this society.

While natural cycles may be the primary motive force behind the current warming cycle, human input is part of the picture. Eliminating CO2 emissions makes sense for many other reasons, in any case. Environment aside, alternative energy sources and conservation reduce USA dependence on oil from terrorist states such as Saudi Arabia. That alone should be an impetus for change...but oh no, corporate profits are involved, and nothing can threaten those!

Check out the lifestyles of the rich in the USA. Nobody is complaining about the corporate board members' wastefulness and usurpation of resources. That is sacrosanct. USA rednecks can only criticize anyone they perceive to be "on the left" (in the USA that means anyone to the left of the Archduke Ferdinand).

Anti-environmentalism has come from the same crowd regardless of the issue, and regardless of global warming. It is motivated by corporate interests in paying NO TAXES for ANYTHING, and in not having to modify their earth-destroying behavior FOR ANY REASON.

The unelected corporate powers in this country, virtually un-regulated since the Reagan regime, are to blame for most of our problems but since they own ALL the media (which they then crow is "liberal" lest any news reported reveal their involvement in dragging society down), we will hear little about it.

Anti-environmentalists: keep listening to Rush and laugh as the animals die. That is the level of your mentality. You are traitors.

“The Truth Will Set You Free”

Since: Jun 07

Gainesville, FL

#20 Jul 6, 2007
Sinajuavi wrote:
Of course amid all the Gore-bashing, there is no argument against human-induced global warming.
Anyone in the public eye needs to travel by jet, etc... Nobody complains about Cheney's or GW's lifestyles (not to mention their treason...).
Conservative (fascist) hypocrites are the deadweight slowing down progress on this and many issues. They are clearly an anti-social, in fact sociopathic, force in this society.
While natural cycles may be the primary motive force behind the current warming cycle, human input is part of the picture. Eliminating CO2 emissions makes sense for many other reasons, in any case. Environment aside, alternative energy sources and conservation reduce USA dependence on oil from terrorist states such as Saudi Arabia. That alone should be an impetus for change...but oh no, corporate profits are involved, and nothing can threaten those!
Check out the lifestyles of the rich in the USA. Nobody is complaining about the corporate board members' wastefulness and usurpation of resources. That is sacrosanct. USA rednecks can only criticize anyone they perceive to be "on the left" (in the USA that means anyone to the left of the Archduke Ferdinand).
Anti-environmentalism has come from the same crowd regardless of the issue, and regardless of global warming. It is motivated by corporate interests in paying NO TAXES for ANYTHING, and in not having to modify their earth-destroying behavior FOR ANY REASON.
The unelected corporate powers in this country, virtually un-regulated since the Reagan regime, are to blame for most of our problems but since they own ALL the media (which they then crow is "liberal" lest any news reported reveal their involvement in dragging society down), we will hear little about it.
Anti-environmentalists: keep listening to Rush and laugh as the animals die. That is the level of your mentality. You are traitors.
Here's an inconvenient truth for you idiot AGW religious zealots.

Who actually lives an environmentally conscious lifestyle, Bush or Gore?

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/1/7...
Bush's House More Eco-Friendly Than Gore's

[President George Bush may be a nemesis of the global green movement and Al Gore its hero, but the president's home is arguably far more environmentally-friendly than the home of the man he defeated in the 2000 election.

Bush's "Western White House" in Crawford, Texas, has been praised as "an eco-friendly haven" while the former vice-president's home in Nashville, Tennessee was criticized this week for heavy power consumption.]
Bill

Canada

#21 Jul 6, 2007
"During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

As a congressman, Gore was one of the first to support the internet when there was pressure to block its development. He's a politian, not an inventor and he was talking about his political work.

http://archive.salon.com/tech/col/rose/2000/1...
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

"[A]s the two people who designed the basic architecture and the core protocols that make the Internet work, we would like to acknowledge VP Gore's contributions as a Congressman, Senator and as Vice President. No other elected official, to our knowledge, has made a greater contribution over a longer period of time."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore_controve...

Sometimes politicians trip over their tongues. He did take the initiative in supporting the development of the internet, but that's not how he put it, and his choice of words left him open to ridicule. It happens.
Bezerkus

Ogden, UT

#22 Jul 6, 2007
The reason this has become political is because no one knows the effect we are having and they are not able to prove it. It is why religion is so hottly debated. This is their religion. They are picking and choosing facts to support their own agendas. Agendas that have been in place since environmentalism began. Just as some religions pick and choose facts to support their own claims in order to further their own credibility.

The difference is the 90% of the media reporting belong to the religion they are reporting on, hence the 72 hours of donated TV time being done on a concert of media hungry, over-indulgent, guilty-feeling artists, all in the name of raising awareness. Although I may support certain alternative fuels and ideas to reduce pollution, I won't strive to be carbon neutral or give my money to carbon credit companies, just as I wouldn't give to rich televangilists.

The difference in this religion is that science is involved and it has the ability to prove them right or wrong given the proper research. Scary climate crisis talk will come and go like the wind, but science will stand the test of time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Accredited Motorcars (Jan '09) Tue stephanie 35
How Romney's Climate Change Views Have Evolved Jan 22 swedenforever 3
Review: ProjectorScreen.com Jan 20 JDenny47 1
New album next spring from U2 (Nov '13) Jan 19 David S 13
Aid for Roche transition expected to ease Nutle... (May '14) Jan 14 ltdan 2
Loud boom heard down by 10th St, near Hoboken Rd Jan 13 Lisa 1
Two men arrested in Lyndhurst after police say ... Jan 6 Joe lynn 1

Rutherford News Video

Rutherford Dating
Find my Match