Dumbledore's outing gives Potter pass...

Dumbledore's outing gives Potter passages new meaning -

There are 5 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 22, 2007, titled Dumbledore's outing gives Potter passages new meaning -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

With author J.K. Rowling's revelation that master wizard Albus Dumbledore is gay, some passages about the Hogwarts headmaster and rival wizard Gellert Grindelwald have taken on a new and clearer meaning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Randy

United States

#1 Oct 22, 2007
Geez, why does everything have to be Gay? I'm sick and tired of having Gay and Lesbian titles crammed in my face. How about this for a change: respect MY beliefs and stop forcing the Gay and Lesbian agenda down the throats of those who don't want to agree with it.
Marcie

Glen Burnie, MD

#2 Oct 22, 2007
You wouldn't even know he was gay from the book. The only reason it's relevant is as clarification of something that happened in the next to last chapter of the seventh book. Even so the book makes sense without that detail. I'd hardly call it a "Gay and Lesbian title".
Rosemary

Baltimore, MD

#3 Oct 23, 2007
Now why does she have to add that factor after the series is finished? I have little problem with it, but it will certainly add to the arsenal of those who already object to the books.
Timothy

Bainbridge, IN

#4 Oct 23, 2007
I don't think that anyone who isn't already opposed to the books are going to say "Oh my God, I can't read a book that has a gay supporting character. It's immoral!"

Everyone who decided not to read the book because of the "satanic undertones" will just claim gays are the work of the devil. Surprise!

“"give peace a chance"”

Since: Oct 07

mountain view

#5 Nov 13, 2007
i think its awesome that dumbledore is gay
its not a bad thing at all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wallington police blotter (Jul '11) Nov 12 scooby 2
Are you're teens drinking lean?? Oct 27 three blocks 1
Victory Nightclub @ Meadowlands U2 and Journey ... Oct '17 2U The U2 tribute... 2
Nutley Tax Re-Assesment (Feb '06) Oct '17 kemo-savy 63
Review: Alfonse De Meo Law Office (Dec '08) Sep '17 Someone 10
News Lakewood is a town divided. Here are the bigges... Sep '17 Realist 2
News Acme closing Bergenfield supermarket Sep '17 Bergenfieldlinda 2

Rutherford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutherford Mortgages