Climate in D.C. changes: Gore stages ...

Climate in D.C. changes: Gore stages his Live Earth concert

There are 20 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jul 7, 2007, titled Climate in D.C. changes: Gore stages his Live Earth concert. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

It will happen after all. Politician-turned-concert organizer Al Gore announced yesterday that Live Earth -- a global series of shows to raise awareness about climate change -- will also have a presence in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Rebecca

College Station, TX

#1 Jul 7, 2007
This is by far the stupidest thing that Gore and his liberal mindless massess have done so far. I hope my fellow conservatives will fight back by no longer buying music from any of the people performing. I know I won't. Oh, and I plan to continue using regular light bulbs, throwing out plastic containers and aluminum cans and newspapers and taking really really really long showers. If I had some aersol cans, I'd stand outside and spray them. Anyone who thinks we have any effect on something that GOD created is a walking moronic idiot.
Will

Walnut Creek, CA

#2 Jul 7, 2007
All your showing is your disrespect for God's planet. God made you and if I punched you in the face, that might have an effect :/
Rebecca

College Station, TX

#3 Jul 7, 2007
Will wrote:
All your showing is your disrespect for God's planet. God made you and if I punched you in the face, that might have an effect :/
Bite me.
Mr Giblets

India

#4 Jul 7, 2007
Will wrote:
that is if you could pull your neck out of Al Gore's
back passage for long enough!
steve saunders

Andover, UK

#5 Jul 7, 2007
Yaou will be going to hell
Jonathan

Tuscumbia, AL

#6 Jul 7, 2007
Rebecca wrote:
This is by far the stupidest thing that Gore and his liberal mindless massess have done so far. I hope my fellow conservatives will fight back by no longer buying music from any of the people performing. I know I won't. Oh, and I plan to continue using regular light bulbs, throwing out plastic containers and aluminum cans and newspapers and taking really really really long showers. If I had some aersol cans, I'd stand outside and spray them. Anyone who thinks we have any effect on something that GOD created is a walking moronic idiot.
I am also a believer that god created our earth, but that should have nothing to do with this at all.. We are polluting our land, our seas, and our air; We shuold be ashamed. Whether its by carbon, trash, plastics, wasting water... Water isnt a renewable resources its just a massively abundent resource but abundance when we have billions of people on earth doesn't mean much. We have to protect what we have.. we should be thankful for our earth and respect it.
Rebecca

College Station, TX

#7 Jul 7, 2007
Sorry to disappoint Jonathan but I feel no guilt whatsoever for living the life God gave me. I do not think I am more powerful than He and I really do not think that we mere humans have the power to in any way destroy what God created. If Mt. Pinatubo erupting had no effect on the environment, than there is no way we can. Mt. Pinatubo spewed into the air more sulfur dioxide in one day during its 2001 eruption than man has since the industrial age began, yet life goes on!

Oh, and one more thing - you may want to take a science course or ten. Water is a constantly renewable resource. You see, this earth is a closed environment. There is never ever ever any more or any less water on this earth at any given time. You go study how the water evaporates off the ocean and then falls back to earth as rain ok. That's a good boy. When you are properly informed, instead of buying into all the junk science from the liberal whack jobs, then maybe you will be worthy enough to argue with.
Jonathan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am also a believer that god created our earth, but that should have nothing to do with this at all.. We are polluting our land, our seas, and our air; We shuold be ashamed. Whether its by carbon, trash, plastics, wasting water... Water isnt a renewable resources its just a massively abundent resource but abundance when we have billions of people on earth doesn't mean much. We have to protect what we have.. we should be thankful for our earth and respect it.
Rebecca

College Station, TX

#8 Jul 7, 2007
Alas, only God can make that determination.
steve saunders wrote:
Yaou will be going to hell

“The Truth Will Set You Free”

Since: Jun 07

Gainesville, FL

#9 Jul 7, 2007
Rebecca wrote:
Oh, and one more thing - you may want to take a science course or ten. Water is a constantly renewable resource. You see, this earth is a closed environment. There is never ever ever any more or any less water on this earth at any given time. <quoted text>
Actually, thst isn't quite true. Water is constantly being added to the Earth from bombardment from cometary fragments.

http://smallcomets.physics.uiowa.edu/
Rebecca

College Station, TX

#10 Jul 7, 2007
How about a little science lesson for those so obviously in need...quote, "The amount of water available on Earth is finite and essentially the same water has been moving through the water cycle since the beginning of time. We are using the same water that was used by dinosaurs and our great-great grandparents. The three basic parts of the hydrologic cycle are evaporation, condensation, and precipitation. Evaporation is the process in which the heat energy of the sun causes water to change from a liquid to a vapor (gas). Condensation is the process of changing from a vapor (gas) back into liquid form. Condensation is what forms clouds. Precipitation occurs when water droplets or ice particles condensed from vapor increase in size and fall to the particles condensed from vapor increase in size and fall to the Earth’s surface." end quote

Any liquid that entered the earth's upper atmosphere would be long gone before it were "added" to our system. You do get that the space shuttle has to have special heat panels on it so it can re-enter the atmosphere without burning to bits right? Well, that being the case, how do you think any liquid could fare better? Sorry, but that is just more junk science at work.

Honestly, I wish water were being constantly added - it would help to shut the environmentalists up.
The Truth Matters wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, thst isn't quite true. Water is constantly being added to the Earth from bombardment from cometary fragments.
http://smallcomets.physics.uiowa.edu/

Gainesville, FL

#11 Jul 7, 2007
Rebecca wrote:
How about a little science lesson for those so obviously in need...quote, "The amount of water available on Earth is finite and essentially the same water has been moving through the water cycle since the beginning of time. We are using the same water that was used by dinosaurs and our great-great grandparents. The three basic parts of the hydrologic cycle are evaporation, condensation, and precipitation. Evaporation is the process in which the heat energy of the sun causes water to change from a liquid to a vapor (gas). Condensation is the process of changing from a vapor (gas) back into liquid form. Condensation is what forms clouds. Precipitation occurs when water droplets or ice particles condensed from vapor increase in size and fall to the particles condensed from vapor increase in size and fall to the Earth’s surface." end quote
Any liquid that entered the earth's upper atmosphere would be long gone before it were "added" to our system. You do get that the space shuttle has to have special heat panels on it so it can re-enter the atmosphere without burning to bits right? Well, that being the case, how do you think any liquid could fare better? Sorry, but that is just more junk science at work.
Honestly, I wish water were being constantly added - it would help to shut the environmentalists up.
<quoted text>
You need to rethink your beliefs a little bit.

Here's a line from your USGS source:
[By the way, there is a theory that much of Earth's water came from comets hitting the planet over billions of years.]
http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/earthwherewater....

Would you like more sources?
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/comet...
http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/headli...
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast18...

BTW, water doesn't leave our atmosphere to space once it enters the atmosphere from comets. Did you know that water vapor is increasing in the Mesosphere and Stratosphere?

Also, water enters our hydrological system from deep within the Earth through volcanism. Technically, that is still from the Earth's environment, but it is not usually considered as part of our hydrological system.
Marky-Mark

Hope Mills, NC

#12 Jul 7, 2007
Well, he makes a point. I'm no tree hugger or global warmiong alarmist, but I believe in recycling reusable stuff like paper, glass, and metal and simply not being wasteful. No need to waste the natural resources that "God" provided.
Rebecca wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me.
Mr Giblets

India

#13 Jul 8, 2007
Marky-Mark wrote:
Well, he makes a point. I'm no tree hugger or global warmiong alarmist, but I believe in recycling reusable stuff like paper, glass, and metal and simply not being wasteful. No need to waste the natural resources that "God" provided.
<quoted text>
there will be a huge heap of rubbish to recycle after these silly concerts.
I can't see the stars picking that up to save the world.
Marky-Mark

Hope Mills, NC

#14 Jul 8, 2007
No doubt.
Mr Giblets wrote:
<quoted text> there will be a huge heap of rubbish to recycle after these silly concerts.
I can't see the stars picking that up to save the world.
Rebecca

College Station, TX

#15 Jul 8, 2007
On every one of those links you will read "a new controversial theory" or "some scientists now think it is possible that...". There is still no proof that coments bring water to earth, and even if that is the case - as those links pointed out, 1 inch over 20,000 years? Not really worth mentioning. There is still more evidence to support the fact that water in this environment is finite and we have been using the same amount since man began.

One thought I did have though. If the astronauts on the MIR station ever ejected urine out into space - then I guess we have physically lost some amount of water from the earth :)
The Truth Matters wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to rethink your beliefs a little bit.
Here's a line from your USGS source:
[By the way, there is a theory that much of Earth's water came from comets hitting the planet over billions of years.]
http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/earthwherewater....
Would you like more sources?
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/comet...
http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/headli...
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast18...
BTW, water doesn't leave our atmosphere to space once it enters the atmosphere from comets. Did you know that water vapor is increasing in the Mesosphere and Stratosphere?
Also, water enters our hydrological system from deep within the Earth through volcanism. Technically, that is still from the Earth's environment, but it is not usually considered as part of our hydrological system.

Gainesville, FL

#16 Jul 8, 2007
Rebecca wrote:
On every one of those links you will read "a new controversial theory" or "some scientists now think it is possible that...". There is still no proof that coments bring water to earth, and even if that is the case - as those links pointed out, 1 inch over 20,000 years? Not really worth mentioning. There is still more evidence to support the fact that water in this environment is finite and we have been using the same amount since man began.
One thought I did have though. If the astronauts on the MIR station ever ejected urine out into space - then I guess we have physically lost some amount of water from the earth :)
<quoted text>
OK, how about another one?
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/05/...

[A comet that shattered on its approach to the Sun breathed new life into the theory that comet impacts provided most of the water in Earth's oceans. The same NASA observations of the comet, designated C/1999 S4 LINEAR (LINEAR), also support the idea that comet impacts furnished a significant amount of the organic molecules used in life that later arose on Earth.

A separate announcement, also to appear in the May 18 Science, is a unique observation that reveals just how much water comets of this type can carry. LINEAR, with a nucleus estimated at 2,500 to 3,300 feet (about 750 to 1,000 meters) in diameter, carried about 3.6 million tons (3.3 billion kilograms) of water within its bulk, according to astronomers who used the Solar Wind Anisotropies instrument on the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory spacecraft to observe water vapor released from the comet as it fragmented.]

That's not an insubstantial amount of water!
Kimbill

White Plains, NY

#17 Jul 8, 2007
Rebecca is probably the most intelligent person that I've encountered regarding this subject. Al Gore got a bunch of geologists who "think" the same way he does to spout out what he wanted them to say in his little documentary. Funny, because I recent'y read an article saying we were actually experiencing global cooling NOT warming. Did Mr. Gore ever think, "maybe what is happening on our earth is SUPPOSED to be happening. Do we think that only breathing beings evolve? I'm not a tree hugger or a bible thumper but I have read the bible and I DO believe that there was a great flood, probably like the tsunami that Asia experienced. Archaeologists have found evidence of an Ice Age and a period where the earth was warmer than it is today.
If we can blame ANYTHING on humans, we can blame our deteriorating ozone layer on them. My aerosol can did NOT ruin the ozone layer, nor did me throwing a gallon milk container in the "regular" garbage. These billion $$ cars companies and factories are pumping toxins & carbon monoxide. I bet ya Gore or someone in his family has an enormous SUV:o) If recycling is soooo important all over the world, why do only @ 5 states take it seriously? Why don't ALL 50 states have deposit charges on their cans. Hey, if I had to pay an extra .05 or .10 for every can of soda or bottle I bought, I'd definitely recycle because that hits my pocket however nominal it may be. Here in NJ at the complex where I live, they don't even have separate receptacles for any sort of recycling. I thought Al Gore was a tool when he was VP and I think he's an even bigger moron now. Like many supposed "documentaries", he only allowed people to see results that HE wanted you to see. Do I worry about the planet? Yes! Do I think that WE can prevent what may be inevitable? I don't think so. Could we have prevented a tsunami from happening in Asia? NO! I just feel that too many people take what politicians, media and morons say wayyyy to seriously which closes the doors for Actual FACTUAL information to be heard.
msl

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jul 8, 2007
Rebecca, your conservative friends in Indiana agree with you. Al Gore should worry about saving some innocent person from being killed by his son, whose seems to have a drug problem.
Rebecca wrote:
Will

San Jose, CA

#20 Jul 10, 2007
Rebecca wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me.
Nice defence.
[QOUTE who="Mr Giblets"]<qouted text>that is if you could pull your neck out of Al Gore's
back passage for long enough![/QOUTE]
Who said it was in there? I don't a damn about gore, nor his "bunch of geologists", nor do I know jack about any of this global warming stuff. But weather it's true or not, God made this planet for us to take care of not to trash like we're a bunch of frat boys. If I built you a house and you threw a party and left junk everywhere, I'm pretty sure I would be none to happy. Also,
[QOUTE who="steve saunders"]Yaou will be going to hell[/QOUTE] You're a big man there steve. Threatening me with something you have no control over. How do you really know that you're not going to hell? What makes you so sure, eh?
seen

Auburn Hills, MI

#21 Jul 10, 2007
Will wrote:
Let me see you punch a girl in the face the effect would be you crying for immediate medical attention!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Fusco Is Why Passaic Smells Bad Jul 11 Leotti 1
Passaic smells bad Jul 11 Leotti 2
News DUI arrest is second for Hudson County s... (Mar '09) Jun 25 Tia19 14
Nutley Tax Re-Assesment (Feb '06) Jun '17 Daisy 62
News East Rutherford former lieutenant alleges gende... Jun '17 STATION 13 LOSER 2
$658 fine for walking near railroad tracks in P... (Oct '08) Jun '17 aaa 13
News FAA to answer Teterboro flight path questions Jun '17 Hackensack 1

Rutherford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutherford Mortgages