Rutherford turkey shot with bow and a...

Rutherford turkey shot with bow and arrow

There are 54 comments on the NorthJersey.com story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Rutherford turkey shot with bow and arrow. In it, NorthJersey.com reports that:

One of the turkeys admired by Rutherford residents in the Lincoln Woods area was shot and killed with a bow and arrow Thursday night, July 21, in an incident involving two Rutherford males, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthJersey.com.

yeahandWHAT

Selden, NY

#21 Aug 5, 2010
I just wasted 10 minutes of my life looking at one of these degenerate's Facebook pages. "Garnick" or whatever his name is. He is apparently a druggie and a loser, judging from his lovely statuses. But I guess he doesn't hate animals too much because he has a picture of some lapdog on his page. How would he like if someone shot that prissy little thing with a bow and arrow? Forget the $500 fine that mommy and daddy will probably pay, he should get the 30 days in jail and get treated like the punk b*tch he is. Go look him up and have a laugh.
garth

Roseville, MI

#22 Aug 6, 2010
UNBELIEVABLE wrote:
I am so sick of hearing these lunatic people talkikng about the "rights" of a wild turkey! Are you people out of your minds? This is a wild animal that is legal to hunt and shoot with a a gun AND a bow and arrow in NJ and throughout the country. Yes it is not legal to hunt them in Rutherford but guess what, it's ALSO not legal for wild animals or fowl (yes, that means TURKEYS!!) to live in the borough. Nor is it legal for any animals to live in a designated open space (Lincoln Woods) nor is it legal in the Borough of Rutherford to FEED WILD AIMALS OR FOWL. Get off your ignorant high horses - you can't pick and choose which borough laws/ordinances are going to be obeyed. You can't hunt, but you also can't have then animals here OR feed them. Turn those fingers you've been pointing at these teenagers and point them right at yourselves - you are all a bunch of hypocrites.
you said it man
Jimmy

Union City, NJ

#23 Aug 12, 2010
Ox Baker wrote:
Jimmy, your a moronic douchebag! Once you sober up, then we will spend some time listening to you. Until then, keep your half witted opinions to yourself!
Uh, it's "you're," not "your." You write like a third-grader but call others "moronic."

Thanks for proving my point about Lodi.

Bwahahaa!
Martin Kaymer

Piscataway, NJ

#24 Aug 15, 2010
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, it's "you're," not "your." You write like a third-grader but call others "moronic."
Thanks for proving my point about Lodi.
Bwahahaa!
Perhaps Ox writes like a third grader. That does not negate the content of his comments. YOU"RE A MORON AND A DOUCHE!
Jimmy

Union City, NJ

#25 Aug 22, 2010
Martin,

You're a scumbag.
chunky buttman

Jersey City, NJ

#26 Aug 22, 2010
turkeys are evil
ANIMAL EMERGENCY AGENT

Ossining, NY

#28 Dec 1, 2010
They will suffer Karma beleeve me! The mother was an idiot & kids bigger idiots! Rutherford police as well as most have no respect for God if they allow a murder like this to go unpunished1 I have their names & will post EVERYWHERE! NOTE TO MOM....GET UR TEETH FIXED WHITE TRASH!!!I will be working tonight!!!I hope they never cross the wrong persons path!!
Roseville, MI

#29 Dec 2, 2010
ANIMAL EMERGENCY AGENT wrote:
They will suffer Karma beleeve me! The mother was an idiot & kids bigger idiots! Rutherford police as well as most have no respect for God if they allow a murder like this to go unpunished1 I have their names & will post EVERYWHERE! NOTE TO MOM....GET UR TEETH FIXED WHITE TRASH!!!I will be working tonight!!!I hope they never cross the wrong persons path!!
I will help you!!
Janet

New York, NY

#30 Dec 3, 2010
Dr C Everett Patel wrote:
Oh Cliftonite, shame on you! You think that cruelty to animals is some kind of joke? These animals have rights too. Thatís why we should all become vegetarians Next time, spare us you attempt at humor. Instead, go to the market and buy yourself some bean curd and soy you cruel and horrible old dirt bag!
One of the boys who shot the turkey said he's Vegan - "for moral reasons"
Janet

New York, NY

#31 Dec 3, 2010
Abe Lincoln wrote:
Maybe if you stopped caring so much about a turkey and more about the growing number of Rutherfords homeless I would care what you people think. You'll all feel sympathy for the turkey but not for the homeless in your own town. You all make me sick.
If you don't care what "you people" think - why are you reading this forum? And you cannot judge how people posting here feel about the homeless....for all you know, they are doing their best to help them.
Janet

New York, NY

#32 Dec 3, 2010
RST wrote:
<quoted text>
The turkey wasn't killed for food - it was killed for sport. That's why it was wrong. I would still be bothered, but not as much, if someone had eaten the turkey, but this was just done for amusement. So CRAM YOUR CRANBERRY SAUCE AND GRAVY!
One of the boys was asked if he planned to eat the turkey, and he said, "No, I'm Vegan - for moral reasons!" That's what gets me!
Janet

New York, NY

#33 Dec 3, 2010
Cheryl wrote:
Once again, we have to deal with teenagers who have not been brought up to respect animals nor care about their rights and feelings.I think it is just disgusting these 'boys' did this, and I wish they could get a lot of time in jail! I hope people realize that there could be something in these kids' personalities that could take this violence to a human level, as well. This was cold-blooded murder!I am sure if the arrow had missed the turkey and killed a child, then the non-animal lovers would finally condemn these creeps.
Animals should be protected by the law, and children should be educated at a young age to love and respect them! They are God's creatures, as well!
Animals are protected by the law - that's why these boys got summonses.
Janet

New York, NY

#34 Dec 3, 2010
Abe Lincoln wrote:
Maybe if you stopped caring so much about a turkey and more about the growing number of Rutherfords homeless I would care what you people think. You'll all feel sympathy for the turkey but not for the homeless in your own town. You all make me sick.
And you are doing precisely what to help the homeless?
Janet

New York, NY

#35 Dec 3, 2010
UNBELIEVABLE wrote:
I am so sick of hearing these lunatic people talkikng about the "rights" of a wild turkey! Are you people out of your minds? This is a wild animal that is legal to hunt and shoot with a a gun AND a bow and arrow in NJ and throughout the country. Yes it is not legal to hunt them in Rutherford but guess what, it's ALSO not legal for wild animals or fowl (yes, that means TURKEYS!!) to live in the borough. Nor is it legal for any animals to live in a designated open space (Lincoln Woods) nor is it legal in the Borough of Rutherford to FEED WILD AIMALS OR FOWL. Get off your ignorant high horses - you can't pick and choose which borough laws/ordinances are going to be obeyed. You can't hunt, but you also can't have then animals here OR feed them. Turn those fingers you've been pointing at these teenagers and point them right at yourselves - you are all a bunch of hypocrites.
Have these laws been explained to the turkeys? Perhaps the turkeys should be arrested for violating the law prohibiting them living in Rutherford....
Roseville, MI

#36 Dec 3, 2010
listen what all you are forgetting here..first of all the"woods" are only two blocks long & are right next to a school & playground...The witness was nearly hit by the arrow as he was walking his dog.....there were children playing within feet of the shot...they shot the arrow within 50 feet of residential homes.....these kids drove to that location with the sole purpose of shooting & torturing those animals...when they were caught they responded to the witness "chill out man..you should be happy"...they then left the scene ..the man was missed being hit by the arrow by just feet..how do you think the family of the witness feels?????????? How do you think the residents of that block feel knowing one of their children could have been hit..these kids broke the law, & ANIMAL CRUELTY IS AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!
Astounded at ur ignorance

Secaucus, NJ

#37 Jan 10, 2011
ANIMAL EMERGENCY AGENT wrote:
You are clearly a sick person with a lot of issues! You have the nerve to be so vile and disrespectful yet you invoke god's name??!! How dare you? And who are you to refer to anyone as white trash? You obviously neither know the family nor what white trash is. I worked with the "mom" for many years - not only is she highly educated, extremely professional, she drives a great car, owns two beautiful homes, is active in her church, has two kids in college including one in law school - yeah the total picture of white trash! And you're so pathetic, you suggest she get her teeth fixed? You are sick in the head and your threats are as pathetic as you are.
me

Roseville, MI

#38 Jan 15, 2011
UNBELIEVABLE wrote:
He was my favorite turkey in Rutherford. Rest in peace, little guy. I'll never forget you.....
Jimmys Left Nut

Piscataway, NJ

#39 Jan 15, 2011
I'm glad that he is dead. He was a real turkey!
hastings ave

Roseville, MI

#40 Jan 15, 2011
Jimmys Left Nut wrote:
I'm glad that he is dead. He was a real turkey!
Gobble gobble!
Jimmys Left Nut

Piscataway, NJ

#41 Jan 16, 2011
hastings ave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gobble gobble!
Pass the cranberry sauce, scumbag!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Peruvian pride on display in North Jersey (Jul '10) Tue tooth paste 125
Review: Daled Group Inc (Aug '09) Mar '18 mrscobrabythesea 41
Local charities Mar '18 Susan Kasper 1
News Wallington Council passes municipal budget (May '13) Mar '18 goldengrain 3
News January 30, 2018 Child sex abuser sues group fo... Feb '18 haveitall250 2
Meeting with Superitendant Feb '18 Concerned Parent 1
News Bergen County Executive, Sheriff & Freeholders ... Feb '18 Hardknocks 2

Rutherford Jobs

Personal Finance

Rutherford Mortgages